Other DeShaun Watson - Allegations of Improper Behavior

Remove this Banner Ad

ESPN's Sarah Barshop reports a member of Tony Buzbee’s legal team has approached Deshaun Watson to discuss "working things out."
It's the first signs of a potential settlement for Watson. The plaintiff side initiating talks also suggests there's some level of concern about the case. With training camp two months away, Watson should be motivated to settle, though his playing status will be subject to an NFL investigation. The NFL has interviewed four of the 22 women with lawsuits against Watson. Even if his legal issues are resolved, Watson is likely to be suspended for some or all of 2021 under the league's personal conduct policy.
SOURCE: ESPN
May 15, 2021, 10:03 AM ET

"How Texans Owner Cal McNair Actually Tried to Save Watson 2 Weeks After Lawsuits Filed" says it all really. One cannot understate the Texans' role in this as it's clear to me they're participating in a smear campaign to make Watson less attractive to potential suitors or at the very least, announce they had no choice but to trade him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"How Texans Owner Cal McNair Actually Tried to Save Watson 2 Weeks After Lawsuits Filed" says it all really. One cannot understate the Texans' role in this as it's clear to me they're participating in a smear campaign to make Watson less attractive to potential suitors or at the very least, announce they had no choice but to trade him.

Sweet Jesus mate. Give it up. 😂

If you can't see the game being played by all involved parties that's on you not me. This is a clusterfu** where everyone is trying to win the PR battle.

There is no doubt he's 100% an absolute pervert at a bare minimum.

There is no doubt he's 100% an absolute pervert at a bare minimum.
Given the many and varied allegations, I agree, it's reasonable to hold that position BUT if anyone thinks Buzbee cares about justice and the complainants and McNair cares about anything other than profit and power then they should reexamine their opinion. Watson may well be a pervert and accordingly, face his day in court but everything that's publicly transpired suggests to me all sides are moving PR pieces to gain the ascendency and force hands.

Last edited:
Given the may and varied allegations, I agree, it's reasonable to hold that position BUT if anyone thinks Buzbee cares about justice and the complainants and McNair cares about anything other than profit and power then they should reexamine their opinion. Watson may well be a pervert and accordingly, face his day in court but everything that's publicly transpired suggests to me all sides are moving PR pieces to gain the ascendency and force hands.

Im not saying Buzzbee isn't a joke ,he absolutely is.

Watson is in the wrong and abit of a pervert.

Buzzbee is a muppet.

But cant help but notice since Buzzbee announced on Social media the charges. No one has talked about how McNair and Easterby have run the Texans into the ground.

Remember the rumours about Easterby having players followed and spied on wouldn't surprise me if they found out about it then but didn't let it leak until Watson asked for a trade.

Watson is in the wrong and abit of a pervert.

Buzzbee is a muppet.

But cant help but notice since Buzzbee announced on Social media the charges. No one has talked about how McNair and Easterby have run the Texans into the ground.

Remember the rumours about Easterby having players followed and spied on wouldn't surprise me if they found out about it then but didn't let it leak until Watson asked for a trade.

On the other hand, it starts to make a whole heap of sense now why Easterby called Watson's mum and said he needed Christ (not that it has anything to do with her) and why it set Watson off initially with wanting to leave the Texans, he didn't want his mum finding out how much of a pervert her son is....ahhhhhh. ...thanks cons, you've solved the riddle for me!

Last edited:
Deshaun Watson situation remains quiet, two weeks from opening of training camp

Posted by Mike Florio on July 14, 2021, 10:22 AM EDT

The Texans report for training camp on July 29. It’s still not known whether quarterback Deshaun Watson will be present.

His status hinges on two key factors. First, if the 22 civil lawsuits pending against him settle by then, Watson could then be traded. Second, if the cases don’t settle, the question becomes whether the league will place him on paid leave.

It’s unknown whether any settlement talks are happening. The lawyers, who at times have been very vocal, have once again fallen silent.

Although Watson by all accounts has no desire to play for the Texans, he definitely will report if he thinks he’ll land on paid leave for the 2021 season. That move ensures he’ll receive his $10 million salary this year, without having to suit up. If he’s not going to be placed on paid leave, he’ll then have to decide whether to show up or to continue to jostle for a trade.

A team like the Broncos, Dolphins, or Eagles would likely be more inclined to trade for Watson now if it’s known that he won’t be placed on paid leave pending the resolution of the cases. While his status would present a P.R. problem for his new team, the fact that he’s one of the best quarterbacks in all of football surely will cause some team to accept that short-term complication.

However it plays out, the league needs to let Watson and the Texans know whether he’ll be placed on paid leave. It’s unfair to force Watson to play a guessing game.

From his honeymoon, Tony Buzbee takes a swipe at Deshaun Watson
Posted by Mike Florio on July 19, 2021, 8:26 PM EDT

Lawyer Tony Buzbee hasn’t said much lately about the 22 cases he’s handling against Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson. On Monday, Buzbee took a swipe at Watson while on a honeymoon.

“I’m not a big spa guy, and I abhor someone I don’t know touching me; but I had been at the beach, and had some time to kill while Frances had her spa time,” Buzbee posted. “So, at her urging, I had what they call the ‘grounding’ massage here at Amanzoe, for 90 minutes. It was actually nice and relaxing — I fell asleep. But note, it was professional; I made no weird demands, I didn’t grind around on the table, I never fully disrobed, and I never acted like an entitled, horny, teenage boy. I’m also quite sure Tina, the massage professional, didn’t feel threatened, degraded, or uncomfortable in any way. Massage therapy is a legit profession made up of trained professionals trying to earn an honest living. That’s how it should be.”

Buzbee, who barely stopped talking about the cases when they were first filed in March, hasn’t said much in recent weeks. This gratuitous slap at Watson suggests that a settlement between now and the start of camp isn’t likely. The question then becomes whether the league will let Watson know before it’s time to report for camp whether he’ll be placed on paid leave.

If he’s not going to be placed on paid leave and if the Texans and other teams know it, a trade before the start of the season becomes a very real possibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back