Other DeShaun Watson - Allegations of Improper Behavior

Remove this Banner Ad

...because she thought such a lengthy suspension represented a "dramatic shift" in its culture without providing fair notice to players about what was expected from them and what the fallout could be.

If the Players & NFLPA are outraged that they can't scour Instagram for masseuses with the intention of at some point in the massage attempting to coerce them into sex and ultimately sexually assaulting them by rubbing your dick on them, or just ejaculating on them anyway, without the possibility of a lengthy suspension, even just for dragging the league through such an embarrassing scandal, then.....hell I don't even know what to say.

If the Players & NFLPA are outraged that they can't scour Instagram for masseuses with the intention of at some point in the massage attempting to coerce them into sex and ultimately sexually assaulting them by rubbing your dick on them, or just ejaculating on them anyway, without the possibility of a lengthy suspension, even just for dragging the league through such an embarrassing scandal, then.....hell I don't even know what to say.
The sort of argument that only a lawyer (or US cop hoping to be covered by Qualified Immunity) could make

Kinda hope this ends up in court so Deshaun's team can just go well 6 weeks is more than Sydner got.

I’m very much in the all or nothing camp. Anything more than half the season and it may as well be the full year.

Go to Plan B for 2022, toll the contract and enjoy the next 10 years of having a franchise QB. Long term, the Browns win regardless.

I will enjoy the drama of a potential lawsuit though.

From what I’ve read and heard the NFLPA haven’t got a leg to stand on, and may be unsuccessful in even getting an injunction while they attempt a Federal Court process - the CBA (as well as the intent which can be proven) is that black and white on Rog getting final say once guilt has been proven.

Federal and appeals courts ruled in the NFL's favour in Deflate-gate, basically saying that the CBA gave the NFL to punish as they saw fit. Not sure much is going to change with this one.
Even better, go to court and Watson plays week 1.
If anything, Watson should hope for less than a 12 game suspension that is in effect this year - anything served next year is much worse monetarily for him

Assuming Watson is suspended the entire year, that makes 2 years without having played a single down. I don't care who you are, getting back to form from 2 years out of the game is not going to be an easy task regardless of the level of talent you possess.

Browns are getting what they deserve with this landmine of a contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Such a double standard for players and owners when according to cba owners are to be held to a higher standard. How the hell is Snyder still an owner.

If the Browns didnt try and protect Watson's money I can almost guarantee the league would have been fine with a six game suspension.

Thats the real reason the owners/NFL are upset and pushing for more.

Love how Goodell says it needs to be longer but at the same time they are still covering up snyder and washington scandal (still shocks me that Gruden is only one to lose job from that) and basically gave a slap on wrist to Kraft and Jones for their misdeeds. I know Watson's are so much worse but at the same time owners are meant to held to higher standard than players atleast according to CBA. Hypocrites much

If the Browns didnt try and protect Watson's money I can almost guarantee the league would have been fine with a six game suspension.

Thats the real reason the owners/NFL are upset and pushing for more.

See this is all the Browns fault, even Watson's camp realise that now

The Associated Press reports Deshaun Watson has proposed accepting an eight-game suspension and $5 million fine to "avoid missing the entire season."​

Beyond the lenient six-game suspension handed down by the independent arbitrator, the league was put off by how small Watson's lost salary would be because of the cynical way the Browns structured his contract, with only a $1.035 million salary for 2022. Watson now seems to realize that was counterproductive by his team and agent, but this is a peace offering that will go nowhere. The league has made it clear it is seeking at least a one-year ban, and Watson is not going to buy his way out of it.

Browns definitely should have structured the contract in a way to suit the NFL, not in the best interests of the team.

It was in the best interests of the pervert, thats what they have the shits about, making all 40+mil a signing bonus this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back