'Floreat Pica'
May 15, 2011
NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Keyboard Warriors
Hi Everyone,

Back in 2015, with the assistance of Dylan8 I ran a competition on here for the design of our school's AFL Guernsey. The competition was an excellent one with fantastic concepts submitted. Bacon Warrior was selected by the school as the eventual winner. Our set of 32 AFL uniforms continues to get positive reviews and feedback. The school also used the design on our netball tops and skorts.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/design-a-nsw-primary-schools-football-jumper.1094517/

After the success and feedback of the above design the school is now moving on to updating the jerseys used for rugby union and rugby league.
The design for the AFL (and netball) attire may (or may not) translate too well to the rugby union/league tops so we are looking for some alternative ideas/concepts. If someone wants to transfer the AFL/netball one to a jersey template that would be great.

Some of the guidelines for the jersey are similar to the AFL one, but we are looking to possibly include less white and more grey for practical/cleaning reasons. School is looking to sticking with grey shorts and the same socks as AFL (grey with the four house colours on the cuff).

Guidelines:
  • Grey based (I will need to check the coding for this)
  • The house colours red, yellow, blue & green featured equally (specifically PANTONE 185 C, PANTONE 1235 C, PANTONE 3015 C and PANTONE 363 C respectively)
  • Each of the above colours has a second tone within the school crest: (Red Pantone 187C, Yellow138C, Blue 2995C & Green 368C. These do not have to be used but providing for reference.
  • White may also be featured in a minimal way
  • Manufacturer will most likely be the same as the AFL and netball kits
Additionally:
  • The school logo incorporates the four house colours above, which surround a grey Christian cross.
  • Due to reasons beyond our control the logo cannot be provided.
  • In addition to the above point, a logo does not need to be produced or placed on the jumper.
  • Please ask me if you require any further information.
-The jersey designs will need to be submitted within the next 2 or so weeks
-Winner will receive a letter from the school and certificate of appreciation/acknowledgement will
be provided +Bragging rights on FJGD board:)
-As per the AFL Guernsey Design competition photos of the final product will be posted here

Last edited:

Great that the brief was so clear and they followed through with the winning design.

I wonder did BW ever get a sample of the guernsey? A letter is great, but a physical jumper to keep would be a nice gesture from the school. Maybe they'll do it this time.

Wasn't sure this would work as a design with the colours, but it did

PXExuVq.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the submissions to both design and the discussion.

Dylan8 The design still looks contemporary but traditional. As I said the netball uniforms were also ordered in the same style and look fantastic.

1990crow Whilst on paper the colours seem hard to work with they actually don’t translate badly at all. Lots of positive feedback from other schools so going ok.

Bryce_Jersey17 Hopefully you were able to follow the link and see how it turned out with the AFL guernsey

Timewaster We didn’t provide a guernsey for Bacon Warrior but will present this to my boss. Can’t guarantee this will eventuate but hope at least I have been as up front as possible with the outcomes of this design process

craegus Thanks for your great design first up.

————-

Hope to see some more designs come up. I have a rough picture of a design one of our parents suggested that I’ll post up at some point. Not sure if anyone could work with it.

If anyone wants to use the AFL design and see how it translated to a jersey design that would be great (credit to Bacon Warrior if you do this though:)

With the shorts being grey don’t be apprehensive inbreaking it up with some white on the jersey if that works. Again, you guys are the experts here!

Thanks again everyone.

Ash

Thanks to everyone for their contributions. I appreciate your time and effort.
Hoping for a few more entries before taking them back to work.

Ash:)

Thanks to everyone for their contributions. I appreciate your time and effort.
Hoping for a few more entries before taking them back to work.

Ash:)

tbf I'd say it's tough to go past what craegus has done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back