Workshop Design Adelaide Football Club Logo

Remove this Banner Ad

I really don't. Could you spell out what I did that was inciteful because I was putting out an earnest, rational view on the Crows branding particularly in relation to their geographical rival.
Fair enough, I was just alluding to that two page s**t fight a while back between Port fans and Adelaide fans on there team's branding and over which one represented SA.

I really don't. Could you spell out what I did that was inciteful because I was putting out an earnest, rational view on the Crows branding particularly in relation to their geographical rival.

A Port supporter essentially saying "Port have history, Crows don't" is always going to sound inciteful, no matter how you spin it.

A Port supporter essentially saying "Port have history, Crows don't" is always going to sound inciteful, no matter how you spin it.
I never said Adelaide don't have history. I was responding to Murraj who said Adelaide should represent South Australian football history, which to me doesn't make all that much sense since Port's hundred plus years of being the winningest team in South Australia sort of makes that idea redundant.

Adelaide should just be its own thing instead of being the quasi SANFL representative in the AFL. It's not 1990 anymore. The Crows brand is undeniably wishy-washy, as was Port's post premiership, pre One Club.

Swear BF is absurdly sensitive people don't actually read the content of a post and just assume a Port supporter commenting on something Adelaide is malicious.

The current logo is undeniably dated, and a poor logo to boot - you can still reflect your history without pretending it's 1974. Sydney's logo is actually a really good example of that:
sydney-swans-200x241.png

Ps let's all just save the Crows/Port history back and forth for another thread.

I never said Adelaide don't have history. I was responding to Murraj who said Adelaide should represent South Australian football history, which to me doesn't make all that much sense since Port's hundred plus years of being the winningest team in South Australia sort of makes that idea redundant.

Adelaide should just be its own thing instead of being the quasi SANFL representative in the AFL. It's not 1990 anymore. The Crows brand is undeniably wishy-washy, as was Port's post premiership, pre One Club.

Swear BF is absurdly sensitive people don't actually read the content of a post and just assume a Port supporter commenting on something Adelaide is malicious.

I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, and as I said somewhere around here recently, this board is generally immune to petty rival s**t-fighting, so I was happy to give you the benefit of the doubt on it, but the way you worded this part:

Why? The other SA team is a genuine embodiment of South Australian football history.

That definitely came across a bit inciteful. As you said, BF is super sensitive to that stuff.

FWIW, as nice as that ye olde style AFC monogram was, I wouldn't want us to go down that path. We don't need to pretend we're 100 years old, because we're not, and it would look s**t. At the same time, I don't want us to go all uber modern American franchisey style. There is a happy middle ground that can be achieved where we can give off the image of a professional, authentic footy club (to paraphrase Walshy). Thats what I want to see.

The current logo is undeniably dated, and a poor logo to boot - you can still reflect your history without pretending it's 1974. Sydney's logo is actually a really good example of that:
sydney-swans-200x241.png

Ps let's all just save the Crows/Port history back and forth for another thread.
I love Sydney's logo man. Underrated.

sydney-swans-200x241.png

Sydney should never change their logo. It's perfect.

Hey guys, I realise that the thread's gone a lil cold here, but was just mucking around the other day and put this together. Tried to keep some traditional elements and create an image that could be used formally as well as on merch etc.
View attachment 358980
love the design, but the red looks a bit brownish/maroony to me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There have been many different ideas for Adelaide Crows logos. Here is a selection of them now.
U42C0rS.jpg

Thought I would give it a try. I have taken someone elses idea and incorporated something else into it. So here is my logo for "The Pride of South Australia", the Adelaide Crows.
2L0DxmE.jpg

Originally I only planned to create a vector version of the monogram today (which I am happy to give out if anyone wants) but of course I wanted to use it on something straight away, so I put together some european style shields, in a modern style of course. I tried to keep it to simple, symbolic elements; the monogram, the WFAO crow and the hoops. Taking inspiration from the Austin Crows logo which has a half and half shield like this at the back.
In the end I wasn't to sure about including the WFAO crow on the shield itself, I like it above the shield but I think this messes with the proportions. but overall I think that the hooped one looks best, I can imagine it looking great on the gold jacket.
This isn't my final design, more just something to get an actual design in this thread.
SvgJbiH.png
Like the big shield down the bottom. How would you incorporate this into the jumper?

The crows marketing has been unquestionably garbage since the 90s, although it's shown signs of improvement with the we fly as one campaign.

You're about a year late with that statement. The Crows have absolutely smashed Port off the field over the last year or so.

Our marketing has improved monumentally whilst Port's team has completely jumped the shark and is a laughing stock amongst many South Australians now.

On the topic of our logo, yes it could be improved but most of the ideas here are just as poor as the current one.

You're about a year late with that statement. The Crows have absolutely smashed Port off the field over the last year or so.

Our marketing has improved monumentally whilst Port's team has completely jumped the shark and is a laughing stock amongst many South Australians now.

On the topic of our logo, yes it could be improved but most of the ideas here are just as poor as the current one.
This is wrong.

You've improved to competent but we've gone from strength to strength.

Hmmm not really.
Really.

You guys have gone from basket case marketing to competent marketing.

We've maintained our marketing excellence.

You've improved but certainly not well enough to start running your mouth to fans of clubs who have been marketing well for several years.

This is wrong.

You've improved to competent but we've gone from strength to strength.

You surely can't have said that with a straight face? Absolutely no sane person would argue that Port have improved off field from where they were in 2014. In the statewide and national consciousness the Crows have blown Port out of the water over the last year; no unbiased person would deny that.

The buzz around the Port brand in Adelaide is non-existent these days whereas it was nauseating two years ago. I've hardly heard a peep about Port for the last two seasons whereas you couldn't shut people up during their heyday.

Last edited:
You surely can't have said that with a straight face? Absolutely no sane person would argue that Port have improved off field from where they were in 2014. In the statewide and national consciousness the Crows have blown Port out of the water over the last year; no unbiased person would deny that.
That would almost entirely be put down to the on field

Remove this Banner Ad

Back