Portfolio Designs by Bwillow11

What has been the best overall design so far?

• Bendigo DIGGERS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ballarat REBELS

• Eastern STARS

• Dandenong TITANS

• Sandringham Zebras

• Western JETS

• Port Melbourne BOROUGH

• Williamstown SEAGULLS

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Guys

Over the last few weeks i have been working on some redesigns for the big bash league teams. My major focus for this portfolio was to avoid plonking the logo on top of the design, and to utilise other design elements. For the first time i used my own template, and i am really satisfied with the results.

So here goes:
First Cab off the Rank is the ADELAIDE STRIKERS
strikers.jpg

And the MELBOURNE STARS
stars.jpg

Waiting is too hard, so here are 2 more

BRISBANE HEAT
heat.jpg
The Brisbane Heat's design is inspired by the synoptic isobars used often in weather forecasts. It also can be described as the 'heat' rising up from the ground into the atmosphere. Either way, the men in teal will run out onto the field with white side panels for the first time since BBL 03.

SYDNEY SIXERS
sixers.jpg
In a welcome change for the sixers, another hue of pink has been used for their BBL08 kit. The beaches of Eastern Sydney are certainly inspiration for this shirt, with the waves heading off into the horizon. The coast is the homeland for the sixers, and to utilise it in the kit is the way to go.

Some More Teams Today

MELBOURNE RENEGADES
renegades.jpg
The renegades kit design is influenced by the working class western side of Melbourne, with a slight hint of a brick pattern laying underneath the chips you may see on your way to Tullamarine airport. The diagonal design can also be, in my opinion, representative of boxing. This has a strong connection to a renegade, the nickname of the team in red.

SYDNEY THUNDER
thunder.jpg
The thunder introduce yellow into their kit for the first time, to create a more colourful brand unlike the kit this season. As an unused colour, yellow flows very well with green and will help alleviate any clashes that may be caused by other colour combinations across the board. The design also represents the roughness of lightning in a different way than just adding a bolt on top.

SYDNEY THUNDER
View attachment 455451
The thunder introduce yellow into their kit for the first time, to create a more colourful brand unlike the kit this season. As an unused colour, yellow flows very well with green and will help alleviate any clashes that may be caused by other colour combinations across the board. The design also represents the roughness of lightning in a different way than just adding a bolt on top.
First time? We’ve had yellow before (albeit in piping). Also, where’s the clash currently? It’s not a bad design, don’t get me wrong though

First time? We’ve had yellow before (albeit in piping). Also, where’s the clash currently? It’s not a bad design, don’t get me wrong though

Realistically, im just trying to beef up my designs a bit. There is no clash as of yet but i am saying that the colour creates a point of difference and as a secondary colour it does not clash unlike if red, blue etc were used.

After a slight break...

PERTH SCORCHERS scorchers.jpg
It's piercingly hot in the west as the scorchers look to win yet another title in 2018. The harshness and sharpness of the sun creates inspiration for this spiked kit, featuring colours dark orange and black. It's going to be hard work getting over this hurdle.

Last edited:
Hey Guys, I've had another break but i hope it has paid off with these designs. Enjoy.

HOBART HURRICANES
hurricanes.jpg

Off the back of a grand final appearance with green piping, the hurricanes are back at it again for the new season. There is a new design element however, with 2 sets of 3 swirls representing the spinning nature of a cyclone or hurricane.

In a surprise call from CA, 2 new identities have been created for the capital and the sunshine state. Instead of opting for a full home-and-away fixturing system in 2018/19, the BBL has announced the teams of the Canberra Kings and the Brisbane Jets will contest the upcoming season.

CANBERRA KINGS
canberra.png
Canberra was the obvious choice for the first expansion team, given its stadium and its presence in Australian society. Not only will the kings represent the ACT, but residents from the surrounding areas in NSW will have a better opportunity to see a T20 match, rather than travelling to Sydney. As an un-utilised colour, The Canberra Kings will wear gold in the Big Bash League. Their design is inspired by the fortunes of royalty around the world, with the orange tones representing the mountains of riches and the dark gold representing the path to glory. It can also act simply as mountain climate with a pathway running through it, the land that a king may own.

BRISBANE JETS
jets.jpg
The Brisbane Jets will become the second Queensland team in the competition, playing matches at a revamped Brisbane Exhibition Ground (capacity 25,000 atm i think). The team's colour of choice is sky blue, with navy pants and shoulder panels adding to the uniform. The wavy design element represents the fluent nature of a jet plane, and also typifies the beautiful beaches and beach weather of Brisbane and Queensland in general.

Last edited:
BRISBANE JETS
View attachment 465696
The Brisbane Jets will become the second Queensland team in the competition, playing matches at a revamped Brisbane Exhibition Ground (capacity 25,000 atm i think). The team's colour of choice is sky blue, with navy pants and shoulder panels adding to the uniform. The wavy design element represents the fluent nature of a jet plane, and also typifies the beautiful beaches and beach weather of Brisbane and Queensland in general.
the sponsors and logo on the shirt might need changing :D

(Felt this wasn't worth a separate folio or a part of the general cricket discussion, so here goes 😊)
wc kits.png
The World Cup for 2019 is fast approaching now, and the 10 teams are therefore gearing up for the tournament in any way possible. One asset of this is the kit design, and while many teams have already released their uniforms, there is still large room for improvement. This is a problem I have tried to solve in the simplest way possible, with the aim of showcasing cricket as a glamourous and respectable sport. I will go through all teams alphabetically, hopefully posting one design every day. Feedback is welcome, I still have a lot to learn and would love to keep my passion for graphic design alive.

I will be using the typeface "The Wall" created by Shrenik Ganatra
https://www.behance.net/gallery/32872471/The-Wall-Typeface

Going in alphabetical order, first cab off the rank is...

afg.png
Afghanistan's design features 5 different colours for the World Cup, with the flag colours utilised to act as a point of differentiation from India who also wear blue. The red, white and green seem to flow well together, hence the gradient on the side panels. The 5th colour featured is Teal - taken from the major colour of the Afghanistan's training shirt. This is used subtly in this design below the name, in the piping, and in the sun which is taken from the Afghanistan Cricket Board logo. It's a simple design, yet making the most of its main objective to be different from India.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The country most of us are familiar with, it's...

aus.png
After the great success of the retro kit in early 2019, Australia has taken that trend into the world cup with a much more modern version of it. The green has been darkened to better represent the national colours, while the outer bands on the bar have been removed for a more simplistic design. A subtle geometric design has also been incorporated, with inspiration taken from Federation Square in Melbourne (yes, Fed Square). As with many Australian uniforms of the recent past, the side panels are very small and have in fact decreased in size from the original template. Overall this is done to increase the amount of gold that so many Australians have special (and unique) connection to.

The tigers are ready to pounce, so here's...
ban.png
Bangladesh has opted for a flag based design for the world cup, with the red curve representing the red circle based in the centre of the national flag. Other symbolism commonly involved with Bangladesh cricket team is the tiger, hence the print marks in the circle. Due to the clashing nature of red and green, a darker red has been utilised in the piping and on the stroke of the circle to help the uniform flow to a much larger extent. With pakistan using green too, bangladesh has opted for a much darker tone then that found on thier inspiration for the design, the flag.

Motherland...
eng.png
For many years England have butchered their uniform designs, but on their home stage they won't be doing that again. Simple is best, and england has taken that approach by incorporating navy blue with white piping. While some designs of late have featured red including the champions trophy uniform, a return to the home of cricket means that the traditional white feels most fitting. However, there are some new implementations including a semi-grey "yoke" and grey spokes which add to the overall design and take the English team into the future.

1 billion people are sure fanatical about...
ind.png
Following on from previous designs, india has utilised two tone blue and orange with that iconic label for the upcoming world cup. Heavily inspired by the World T20 2016 uniform with the major design in the top half of the shirt, the orange highlights help india differentiate from other blue based teams. The light blue stripes used in combination help the shirt front and panels flow together, and help even up the ratio of the two blues so that the lighter version doesn't feel out of place. The blue stripes also continue throughout the uniform in a much more opaque form, helping give the design some depth.

The home of rugby, it's...
nz.png
New Zealand has realised in the past few months that simple is best, and carried that sentiment through to this world cup design. Unlike the 2015 world cup, the kiwi's have decided to use white in a lot of places - including the piping and the collar. The watermark used on the front is inspired by the mountainous topography of the nation, as the triangles attempt to show. This provides a lot of depth to a team that can only possibly have one type of uniform.

Winner of the champions trophy 2 years ago, it's ...
pak.png
While Pakistan has thrown around many designs in the past few years, Pakistan has gone back to a kit similar to that used in their last successful major tournament, the 2017 Champions Trophy. The shade of green is the same as two years ago, hoping to inspire the Pakistani's to play like they did in that series. However some opaque blue stripes have been added to add some depth to the design, as the colour has been used before and flows quite well with an teal-ish tone. This feature is inspired by another shirt of Pakistan's, the 2018 T20I kit. Gold is a good differentiator from Bangladesh, but a level of respect for the green means the yellow has been kept to a minimum on the piping and the cuffs.

The chokers are here direct from...
sa.png
South Africa has included everything you'd expect from a proteas shirt for the upcoming World Cup in England. Green and gold, the standard colours of the team, has been used in a gradient to a great effect, with the protea flower featured from the South African logo. The bevel found on the protea helps it to blend in with the shirt, whilst at the same time continuing the 'softness' theme which the gradient models. Opaque green and gold stripes are found throughout the shirt to provide depth, and take the focus off the ugly parts of the gradient. South Africa is known as a nation that wears green, hence the green side panels which increases the amount of green to past 50%

Please welcome the lions of...
sl.png
Taking inspiration from one of the most picturesque cricket grounds in the world, Sri Lanka has created a three tone blue kit for the world cup. The three tones have been used as recently as the asia cup in 2018, but not this level. A yellow yoke gradient at the top of the shirt is the highlight, with the texture within making it pop. The texture is of rugged waves, influenced by the scenery found at the Galle fort and of course the cricket ground. It reminds Lankans of their home, an island nation, surrounded by sea.

EDIT: Here's another design that could possibly be used.
sl2.png

Last edited:
Last but not least, the...
wi.png
When you think of the West Indies, you think of maroon. The team has continued this tradition with the use of both usual support acts, white and yellow. Inspired by the Windies' charity match kit in 2018, the two stripes have been used in various sizes to highlight the more important colour yet keep the white which has a played a part in previous world cups. As maroon plays such a large part in the Caribbean, it has been continuously used throughout each element to show how vital it is to everything cricket in the area.

Back