Multiplat Destiny 2

Remove this Banner Ad

it's because of the story. Isn't it obvious?

The story is that you, The Guardian, goes on one last mission gets killed by Gary. Surely it would be a bit silly to think that there's 3 The Guardian's all suffering the same fate?

The rest of the story, when you are a brand new character, will be what we normally expect
I didn't realise we were going to be a brand new character for the rest of the game? I assumed the ghost would revive us.

Its looking like a pass from me. The focus seems to be on pvp which doesn't interest me in this game.
There's no doubt the Beta looks like a PvP focus, but I think that's because that's the area Bungie are most concerned about getting right, in terms of balancing. So I think their PvP push has been mainly for their benefit, just for their data. Once the actual game releases, I think it will have a decent PvP / PvE balance. There will be plenty of PvE story missions, strikes, daily bounties, quests, and not to mention the raids as well.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
I didn't realise we were going to be a brand new character for the rest of the game? I assumed the ghost would revive us.
well the fact that you will get to create brand new characters with brand new looks, and that they were going to pay homage to your old look, certainly lead me to the conclusion you were creating brand new characters. The fact you are clearly going to have the same ghost is a bit funky though, admittedly.

I thought it fairly clear that we don't lose our light until we finish the Homecoming mission and Gary kicks us off the bridge of his ship for looking at him. When he points out what he's wrapped around the Traveller, he then activates it, our ghost deactivates and we suffer a stroke. We will then spend the first part of the story missions rebuilding our abilities and finding new gear that reduces their cool down.

I'm not a major fan of PVP (I haven't played any Crucible for three months now). Had a few games last night in a four man fire team with Ryz and it seemed like there was one bloke on other team who was far superior to anyone else on either team and then three blokes at about our level. In one game, it swapped around and we were doing the pub stomping.

The Nergal pulse is an absolute must for the Crucible, I think. Seems to balance the range and stability perks the best out of all the weapons I've tried. No doubt Bungie will nerf it between now and the release.

Not blown away by what I've played so far, but it is a fantastic looking game. Nonetheless, if I were new to Destiny 2 and hadn't played Destiny, I'm not sure how long I would stick with this game. It's pretty dense for a newcomer to wrap his/her head around.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Not blown away by what I've played so far, but it is a fantastic looking game. Nonetheless, if I were new to Destiny 2 and hadn't played Destiny, I'm not sure how long I would stick with this game. It's pretty dense for a newcomer to wrap his/her head around.
I'm new to it, I played a week of destiny 3 years ago. Some people have said it's similar to halo which I haven't played since the very first few. I'm enjoying this beta, my friends do a good job of telling me which perks and stuff to put on. I did the strike with a few mates and doing pvp by myself until I get good enough to compete vs the players my friends get matched against (they know all the players they play against)

Im curious; what do you base this on?
They tiny amount of the game we have to play. The long ass cool downs of abilities. The fact that a lot of other people are also saying the same thing. The fact Bungie have said it themselves. The fact they refuse to balance PvE and PvP separately (like WoW for example).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunshot and Nergal are the best guns in the Beta. Hopefully they aren't the best guns in the full release.

I can see where Quivorir is coming from. Yes there will be gear that reduces ability cooldown but right now they are so weak and take so long to charge they aren't useful. Even in D1 at the weakest a super took 5 minutes to charge. In the Beta it can take 7-8 minutes to charge a super. And this is before Ghaul takes away the light.

It is an issue and hopefully Bungie is on it.

I'd like to think the levels and gear available in the Beta is nowhere near the max, that being said, if you're trying to get people back in the game that aren't rusted on hardcore players, I can see why the Beta might not have done enough for you.

Personally love the fusion in the power weapon slot you get with the Warlock.

Aug 23, 2007
Bay 131 @ (Port) Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
It's more Destiny. Beta is very barebones compared to the first, clearly targeted more towards the established playerbase. Had this been my first Destiny experience, based on the beta i wouldn't be buying.

PVE will again see all of my time, although the changes to weapon categories might reduce that unless Bungle can learn to balance modes separately.

They've managed to make PVP, which is already pretty average as far as competitive shooters go, even more dull. 4v4 and lord shaxx being a borderline shout caster comes off as a bit "hey look we're a serious esport" try hard. 4v4 control just isnt fun, I bet we'll see 6v6 back before or around the first expansion.

Yet to try the strike, really need to be in the mood to put up with scrub randoms. I'm sure I'll play it hundreds of times in the full release.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Happy to see the Beta extended, although I've got a Destiny raid scheduled for tonight, so I probably won't actually get to play it again.

I'm enjoying the strike, even with the well-known issues of slow ability cooldown and low ammo drops. It's an interesting strike with some interesting mechanics (even if the boss is somewhat bullet spongey). I don't mind the opportunity to keep running the strike and learning a bit more about the abilities of my various guardians.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Done the strike a few times now and matched with one group who were intent on exploration. We explored every nook and cranny, there are some pretty fleshed out parts of the map that required tricky jumping to reach but don't actually lead to anything. Very similar to the Vault which had several redundant areas. I'm guessing it's just to make it feel bigger rather than a linear dungeon or there will be some cool little secrets hidden away once launched.

As for PvP I gave it a bit of a go and being 4v4 I got even more exposed for being s**t than in 6v6 where a scrub or two like me could be carried. I feel like I single handedly caused my team to lose each time. That's not a responsibility I want so I'm likely to steer even further clear from PvP in Destiny 2 than I did in 1.

Back