Multiplat Destiny 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the highest ranked player on my friends list is in the high 400s on the season rank. I haven't played as much as I would have liked this season, primarily due to real life commitments, and I'm only at about season rank 125. Hoping to get to 1575 power level this weekend to finally start my gilded conqueror grind again for the season.

New season launches in about three weeks, I think.

Yay I finished the new raid.

Exhibition encounter is bloody frustrating. Caretaker is bad enough, but spent so long on Exhibition, it's crazy. At least the boss encounter isn't too bad. Got the exotic raid pulse on my second clear, so looking forward to reading on Friday how Bungie will not be buffing it (it's pretty bad).

I like the raid, but it's down the list for me in terms of comparing it to other D1 and D2 raids. Would have Vow ahead of Garden of Salvation and Crown of Sorrow (though I enjoyed Crown of Sorrow when I was doing it with experienced players who knew the roles and the mechanics of the raid), and on par with Last Wish (I'm in the minority - I don't particularly care for Last Wish), but well behind Leviathan, Deep Stone Crypt, VoG, Eater of Worlds and Spire of Stars.

Exhibition encounter is bloody frustrating. Caretaker is bad enough, but spent so long on Exhibition, it's crazy. At least the boss encounter isn't too bad. Got the exotic raid pulse on my second clear, so looking forward to reading on Friday how Bungie will not be buffing it (it's pretty bad).

I like the raid, but it's down the list for me in terms of comparing it to other D1 and D2 raids. Would have Vow ahead of Garden of Salvation and Crown of Sorrow (though I enjoyed Crown of Sorrow when I was doing it with experienced players who knew the roles and the mechanics of the raid), and on par with Last Wish (I'm in the minority - I don't particularly care for Last Wish), but well behind Leviathan, Deep Stone Crypt, VoG, Eater of Worlds and Spire of Stars.

The more I do the raid the more it feels like one of the raid lair fillers. Exhibition is either in and out without a sweat in a few minutes or a slog because things break down, comms go bad, someone does something derpy that wipes the raid (I learnt in third room as a warlock it's not wise to try and jump from middle platform where shielded knight spawns to the exit platform... Especially when holding the nut...). I actually dislike curator the most unless I'm on add clear duty. I'm still not confident enough calling the symbols and I could be doing a flawless job on stun team but then randomly booped off the edge because he decided he wanted to get a stomp off before registering a stun. I like the aesthetic of the raid though. It feels like something different. That's why I liked Scourge so much as it was just a refreshing environment.

First encounter Scourge and final encounter of Spire are still my favourites.

I think the highest ranked player on my friends list is in the high 400s on the season rank. I haven't played as much as I would have liked this season, primarily due to real life commitments, and I'm only at about season rank 125. Hoping to get to 1575 power level this weekend to finally start my gilded conqueror grind again for the season.

New season launches in about three weeks, I think.

I'm 1582 (that's about 250 season level) and have some strong builds saved (DIMs Loadout manager is amazing) but I think Glassway and the new strike GM will cockblock me from conquerer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more I do the raid the more it feels like one of the raid lair fillers. Exhibition is either in and out without a sweat in a few minutes or a slog because things break down, comms go bad, someone does something derpy that wipes the raid (I learnt in third room as a warlock it's not wise to try and jump from middle platform where shielded knight spawns to the exit platform... Especially when holding the nut...). I actually dislike curator the most unless I'm on add clear duty. I'm still not confident enough calling the symbols and I could be doing a flawless job on stun team but then randomly booped off the edge because he decided he wanted to get a stomp off before registering a stun. I like the aesthetic of the raid though. It feels like something different. That's why I liked Scourge so much as it was just a refreshing environment.

First encounter Scourge and final encounter of Spire are still my favourites.

Symbol duty in Caretaker is the easiest job, I reckon, especially if you're only taking two symbols out per run. The downside is that you don't kill many adds so you run out of ammo pretty quick. Dislike stunning him the most due to the reason you listed.

So after another run tonight the biggest issue was the challenge on first encounter partly due to comms being unclear when to kill champs, but because the obelisks occasionally bugging out and not accepting offerings. This has happened a few times now. Exhibition was a breeze because when everyone knows what to do you can just fly through like it's trash. Then zero wipes on Rhulk doing the triumph. I'm saving my spoils for Anarchy still so I'm limited to RNG for my deep insight drops which might slpw my chances of the seasonal objective. Maybe if it gets to the final week I'll have to dump some spoils if that's the case but hopefully not.

Is there anything else you can spend your spoils on apart from Anarchy? It got nerfed hard and I have used it maybe twice since it was nerfed after using it for everything before the nerf. It's a shell of its former glory. I note that Bungie is buffing Xenophage (and legendary heavy machine guns) in the next season, which is great, since Xenophage was such a brilliant weapon until Bungie gutted it.

I'm 1582 (that's about 250 season level) and have some strong builds saved (DIMs Loadout manager is amazing) but I think Glassway and the new strike GM will cockblock me from conquerer.

There are plenty of good guides out there on how to complete the GMs. My personal preference are the guides put out by Above and then Ekuegan.

Above's YouTube guide to Glassway:

Above's guide to Lightblade

I just got to 1575 last night, so will start grinding GMs on the weekend.

Some dudes on a smaller Aussie LFG group offered to carry me Glassway this week, so I think I'll hit them up lol. They seem confident enough. I guess it wouldn't be fun if everything was as easy as GM Arms Dealer with solar burn.

Feel free to ping me if you want to run some GMs next week. Done Glassway in previous seasons so it's challenging but not daunting any more. Even though I'm yet to try out Lightblade, I still maintain Garden World is the hardest GM ever released. That boss room was incredibly difficult.

Is there anything else you can spend your spoils on apart from Anarchy? It got nerfed hard and I have used it maybe twice since it was nerfed after using it for everything before the nerf. It's a shell of its former glory. I note that Bungie is buffing Xenophage (and legendary heavy machine guns) in the next season, which is great, since Xenophage was such a brilliant weapon until Bungie gutted it.

I just want it for the completion as it's the only vaulted raid exotic I'm missing and I didn't play enough through Beyond Light to stockpile enough spoils.

Feel free to ping me if you want to run some GMs next week. Done Glassway in previous seasons so it's challenging but not daunting any more. Even though I'm yet to try out Lightblade, I still maintain Garden World is the hardest GM ever released. That boss room was incredibly difficult.

I wouldn't mind running with a chill group so I'll see how I go and might hit you up.

I actually tried Glassway on master this week just to get a feel for this season and test a build and those wyverns with void burn can get stuffed lol. It was only an LFG with no comms but they were wrecking us.

About bloody time I reckon. If they unvault Hammerhead, it'll be the cherry on top.

I wouldn't mind running with a chill group so I'll see how I go and might hit you up.

I actually tried Glassway on master this week just to get a feel for this season and test a build and those wyverns with void burn can get stuffed lol. It was only an LFG with no comms but they were wrecking us.

In my experience, doing a master nightfall before trying the GM didn't help me too much, because Bungie changed the modifiers too much between the two to make it meaningful. When gilding Conqueror in previous seasons, I've just charged headlong into doing a GM and figuring it out on the fly. It's probably why I've only got about 20 master Nightfall clears but about 160 GM clears.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back