Multiplat Destiny 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Some interesting points in here. Bungie will lose some partner studios as they separate from Activision. Hopefully this doesn't mean that PC support for any future Destiny iteration is off the table. Point number 3 is the most pertinent to me.

Activision tweeted after the announcement that PC players will still be able to launch D2 from the current launcher.

But I imagine that PC might be lower on the list of priorities for any new game Bungie develops as from memory VV and HMS were responsible for porting the game from console to PC with little support from Bungie, and they're both Activision-owned studios.

Wondering if anyone that has been following this closer has an answer yet as I can't find one.

With the coming cross-save thingy and the end of the Activision relationship, my Battle.net Destiny stuff will get transported to Steam. But what about those with a console account too? Has there been any mention of an account merger? Multiplatform players with multiple accounts won't be uncommon as you can only be on one clan per account so surely this has been considered. I just can't find it anywhere.

Wondering if anyone that has been following this closer has an answer yet as I can't find one.

With the coming cross-save thingy and the end of the Activision relationship, my Battle.net Destiny stuff will get transported to Steam. But what about those with a console account too? Has there been any mention of an account merger? Multiplatform players with multiple accounts won't be uncommon as you can only be on one clan per account so surely this has been considered. I just can't find it anywhere.

You can't find the info because they haven't released the details yet.

All we know is there will be cross-save and for PC players you can transfer all your Destiny purchases over to Steam.

That's all they've given us atm

You can't find the info because they haven't released the details yet.

All we know is there will be cross-save and for PC players you can transfer all your Destiny purchases over to Steam.

That's all they've given us atm

Hopefully it is a consideration then. Will be pretty bummed if I have to choose one or the other.

Probably asking too much but fingers crossed for eventual cross platform play in addition to just cross save.

Not sure when it came in, but I managed to link my PS4 account to my Bnet account. This is what I was unsure about because the reason I had two accounts to begin with was because clans were account wide regardless of platform, so I had to have to separate Bungie accounts for each platform. It was as simple as logging into my PS4 Bungie account, going to settings and linking to Bnet. I only have 4 guardians in total so it won't be so hard to reduce it three when the cross save thing goes live. I'll just have to remember to log into the characters to move items around before the light leaves one guardian forever.

Not sure when it came in, but I managed to link my PS4 account to my Bnet account. This is what I was unsure about because the reason I had two accounts to begin with was because clans were account wide regardless of platform, so I had to have to separate Bungie accounts for each platform. It was as simple as logging into my PS4 Bungie account, going to settings and linking to Bnet. I only have 4 guardians in total so it won't be so hard to reduce it three when the cross save thing goes live. I'll just have to remember to log into the characters to move items around before the light leaves one guardian forever.

I think clans are platform specific, im on the same clan on PC/Xbox but different on PS4.

I think the way that it works is that you select a platform group of guardians as your 'primary account' that can be used across multiple platforms. Might be wrong as it's done my head in how cross save works.

I think clans are platform specific, im on the same clan on PC/Xbox but different on PS4.

I think the way that it works is that you select a platform group of guardians as your 'primary account' that can be used across multiple platforms. Might be wrong as it's done my head in how cross save works.

It wasn't like that originally. I couldn't join any PC clan without first leaving PS4 clan which is why I made another account and linked that. It's was a silly restriction though and at least it has been changed.

When it goes cross platform though you'll only be able to select 3 guardians. https://www.bungie.net/7/en/CrossSave

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aren't you picking 3 guardians from one platform to go forth?

Like you can't pick your Hunter from PS4, Titan from Xbox and Warlock from PC.

You're picking one group of three to be the ones you use everywhere from now on.

It was originally worded like that, but what they meant was you can deactivate cross save at any time and change which 3 guardians you want to use. Might be a bit inconvenient anyone who would want to do that but at least it can be done. I was worried I would have to completely jettison one platform.

It was originally worded like that, but what they meant was you can deactivate cross save at any time and change which 3 guardians you want to use. Might be a bit inconvenient anyone who would want to do that but at least it can be done. I was worried I would have to completely jettison one platform.

The platform you don't choose are just hidden until you turn crossplay off I believe. But I swear it is still you picking 3 characters from one platform though. Because what are you going to do with both vaults/inventories etc when you nominate stuff? Or weapon rolls on characters you didn't pick etc. It seems far too messy for it to be the pick the best of all 3 platforms. We'll soon find out I guess

The platform you don't choose are just hidden until you turn crossplay off I believe. But I swear it is still you picking 3 characters from one platform though. Because what are you going to do with both vaults/inventories etc when you nominate stuff? Or weapon rolls on characters you didn't pick etc. It seems far too messy for it to be the pick the best of all 3 platforms. We'll soon find out I guess

That's right, that's what it says in the cross save link I posted.

When it was first announced Bungie worded it as you could only choose three and "you will have hard decisions to make", then PC gamer made up a graphic showing how you select three guardians from your entire account. It has been since cleared up that the decision is on the platform of guardians, however you can change your active cross save at any time from inside your account. It would have been nice to roll vaults and DLC into one but unfortunately that won't be the case. I'll guess I'll use my PS4 platform guardians on PC. My PC one is further progressed but I only ever played the one on it

Yeah i think we're getting wires crossed here, it's still choosing one platform, but that doesn't mean you're locked in permanently, you can still change which platform is the 'cross save' platform at any time. Might be handy for the super hardcore but for most people its going to be a platform switch or console users that want to use PC as well.

Yeah i think we're getting wires crossed here, it's still choosing one platform, but that doesn't mean you're locked in permanently, you can still change which platform is the 'cross save' platform at any time. Might be handy for the super hardcore but for most people its going to be a platform switch or console users that want to use PC as well.

The disappointing part is it is a choice by Bungie for DLC, silver and some other stuff not to be carried over and not a limitation. They run their own backend where all the guardians and profile information are stored, they use Sony and Microsoft, and soon Steam verification for accounts, and they already have their own API for hooking into vaults and inventories from outside of the platform. Those who play on more than one platform have already bought all of the content more than once, those who don't probably won't even be affected by cross play. The amount of people who play together on more than one platform would be minimal. My last PC clan started from a PS4 clan. Some of those guys raided on both platforms but cross save doesn't help them as playing their PS4 guardians on PC would be nothing more than aesthetic because they are still seperate entities from their current BNet guardians. I have zero attachment to my PC guardian though so it will be great to have my PS4 ones back.

Hi fellow BigFooty fans.
I'm looking for a fun clan that can handle average/good players and are willing to help teach.
Been playing since D1 where i must of done the Raids a couple of hundred times. I then left Destiny only to come back to D2 and joined a couple of my old friends in their Clan. We had 3, so doing nightfalls and quests were quite dooable. To this date i haven't even done the Levithan let alone all the other raids. My friends don't really play much pvp which i enjoy when the Destiny Grind gets to me.
So looking for a new clan who can handle playing with a guy plus 45. My two friends may also want to join in time.
If anybody is open and they don't mind an Eagle supporter hit me up in my pm's

Just launched on Steam as a free2play.

Just remember this is year one content only doesn't include last years expansion or the one that dropped today.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back