Autopsy Destiny awaits another season - Magpies lose by 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately we dont have the draft picks (hello Beams and Murray) or young talent (Brown, Murphy, Sier very underwhelming) to keep competing. Im very worried we're going to become the next Geelong or Adelaide and hang around the finals without actually winning a flag.

Need to sign up Grundy, Moore, De Goey and try get some high draft picks in the next few years before we compete again.

How would we get High Draft Picks then?

Unfortunately we dont have the draft picks (hello Beams and Murray) or young talent (Brown, Murphy, Sier very underwhelming) to keep competing. Im very worried we're going to become the next Geelong or Adelaide and hang around the finals without actually winning a flag.

Need to sign up Grundy, Moore, De Goey and try get some high draft picks in the next few years before we compete again.

Beams one needs to be looked at throughly.
Don’t forget we still used a first round pick on Quaynor and a second on Kelly —-last year’s first round pick was dead to us the second GWS bid pick 11 so it was wise to move it out.
Beams can still contribute next season so fingers crossed.

Jury still out on Murphy Brown and Sier.

But I do I agree we need more.

Also be really nice if the umpires could grow a set and call the obvious frees forward of centre. Keefe was 110% deliberate and we should have got a 50 near the boundary with the gws player running into protected. That non call was disgusting. Umps need to be full time next year.
That 50 was incredibly obvious. No Collingwood player anywhere near. Really terrible decision, ditto the Grundy in the back.

mmmmm - don't mention the war

Beams one needs to be looked at throughly.
Don’t forget we still used a first round pick on Quaynor and a second on Kelly —-last year’s first round pick was dead to us the second GWS bid pick 11 so it was wise to move it out.
Beams can still contribute next season so fingers crossed.

Jury still out on Murphy Brown and Sier.

But I do I agree we need more.

Murphy and Tyler Brown could be in the Side RD 1 next year but Sier I am not sold on

Quaynor and Stevo are the only players under 22 I'm confident will become regulars stars for Collingwood. The list is ageing very badly, starting to look like St Kilda in 2010/11.

Who under the age of 22 actually played decent football for Collingwood this year? I can only name Stevo.

I’ve been to every game this year at the G including last night. The way in which we played last night mirrored many of the games this season.

- playing 2-3 poor quarters and relying for a late burst of goals late to get us across the line.
- Midfield group beaten again (same as the grand final)

It’s bitterly disappointing and some of those midfield group who have had poor games through a number of finals will have much to ponder over the off season.

The beams trade in hindsight was perhaps the wrong move. I know the club charter is all about giving back to the community but sweetheart deals for players are questionable.

Onwards and upwards. I’m to flat to offer anything else

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
Everyone needs to read and understand this post. For so long this year, and much of last year, we’ve looked miles off being a premiership side.

Forward line (total reshuffle, with WHE, Brown and Reid replaced from yesterday’s side) and some elements of the midfield (Phillips and Treloar’s usual crap under pressure) need fixing. We are not one of the dominant 2-3 sides in the competition.

Trading for Beams has been the worst draft/trade business we’ve done since Treloar. We aren’t a rehab or mental health clinic, and he should retire or be paid out. Missing out on Lynch has cost us severely.

Quaynor and Stevo are the only players under 22 I'm confident will become regulars stars for Collingwood. The list is ageing very badly, starting to look like St Kilda in 2010/11.

What I have Seen I reckoni Tyler Brown and Murphy can make a Impact Next Season IF stay Injury Free

Everyone needs to read and understand this post. For so long this year, and much of last year, we’ve looked miles off being a premiership side.

Forward line (total reshuffle, with WHE, Brown and Reid replaced from yesterday’s side) and some elements of the midfield (Phillips and Treloar’s usual crap under pressure) need fixing. We are not one of the dominant 2-3 sides in the competition.

Trading for Beams has been the worst draft/trade business we’ve done since Treloar. We aren’t a rehab or mental health clinic, and he should retire or be paid out. Missing out on Lynch has cost us severely.
Who are these dominant 2 or 3 teams? Richmond are the only team that has made it past the semis both years other than us

What I have Seen I reckoni Tyler Brown and Murphy can make a Impact Next Season IF stay Injury Free
Murphy is a tall half back flanker which we have plenty of and Tyler Brown isn't suddenly going to become a 15+ CP winner at AFL level. Neither of them improve the side.

Speaking of improving the side...

Has anyone suggested to improve the side especially considering Grundy's ridiculous dominance and our players not being in the right positions and certain players being in the team when they shouldn't be that we actually start with the coach?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I prefer to call them the realist. This list doesn’t have much time left with its current make up and its two years of squandered opportunities
We really are a top 4 side, and will be next season too.

Murphy is a tall half back flanker which we have plenty of and Tyler Brown isn't suddenly going to become a 15+ CP winner at AFL level. Neither of them improve the side.

Have you been to VFL Games?

Stats Lie and More to footy then stats

When they are fully fit and have a chance to establish themselves they will definitely improve the side

real problem not yet identified here was that the GF would have been played in Sept - we cannot cope with Sept GFs

last 2 flags have been in Oct due to draw in 1990 (v Eagles) and draw in 2010 (thank you oval ball)

cheers

The irony of it all is this.. Grundy is outstanding.. however.. his huge work rate can be to the detriment of the team playing good footy.. he needs to step back a bit.. lessen his role.. and allow others to do the grunt work in the stoppages.. we've got a 200cm ruckman doing the work of a ruck rover.. tap it.. and get out of there.. allow others with their speed skill timing evasiveness and precision to get in there and get it out.. Grundy's stats need to drop for us to improve.

It's like having big Jaap Stam playing center back at Man U.. then following up his work in the midfield and on the wings.. that's f Cantona and Beckham's job. It's not his speciality.

The hard part is though, if you take that out of Grundy's game he's just a dime a dozen ruckman. It's his groundwork that sets him apart from the rest of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back