Autopsy Destiny awaits another season - Magpies lose by 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven’t been able to watch a game since 2018 GF. Heart broken for the last time. 5 goals up FFS. Worse than 79.

Watched a quarter of a match at start of season after I heard we’d dominated in one of the quarters so taped off Foxtel.

Have watched a couple reserved games and made it to half time.

Trying to find a passion for junior footy instead.

Ill keep paying my membership.

Hearing updates of GF today make s me sick.

Disgusted w our approach to many free agent signings and Rookie draft.

Haven’t been able to watch a game since 2018 GF. Heart broken for the last time. 5 goals up FFS. Worse than 79.

Watched a quarter of a match at start of season after I heard we’d dominated in one of the quarters so taped off Foxtel.

You sound toxic schu, a good thing you took a holiday.

Hope you find a new balance.

I was disputing your suggestion that the Coode Island silt is compacted to something approaching rock. It is highly compressible and is notoriously problematic. The tunnel you refer to passes under the Yarra River at a depth of 65m, it is in another strata, they’ve gone that deep to pass under the Coode Island silt. I know that the fill layer above the silt is poorly compacted and required stabilisation in order to construct pavements at hisense arena.

I’m suggesting that if there is an issue with the surface (and that is far from established), the issue would be close to the surface and not the ground conditions.

Which was what I first said.

Keeffe destroyed Mihocek, tell me why did we get rid of him? Keeffe is a better backup than Madgen.
So we'd have no one for Kennedy or Darling in the GF I imagine, shocking decision considering we hung on to him when he couldn't play and have such low KP stocks, incomprehensible, it cost a flag

Last edited:
So we have a netball team a WAFL team a WVFL team. What does it bring to the club. Nothing apart from being seen as doing the right thing for society .
Does Hawthorn have these? Richmond? No. They focus on the real thing AFL
Let the do sayers attack me for this post.

So we have a netball team a WAFL team a WVFL team. What does it bring to the club. Nothing apart from being seen as doing the right thing for society .

As long as you can tell me what a do sayer is.

By the way welcome to BigFooty. Your 31 posts over the past nine years I'm sure have been just as good as that one

VFLW team brought a flag.

Actually, Richmond had been squealing about not having an AFLW team for about 3 years and will field a team in the 2020 AFLW season. Not sure what your point is and how Collingwood having separate “divisions” with standalone management structures impacts the men’s AFL football dept and on-field results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to hear this Schu, your posting always makes a great read. I have to say the 18 GF was a destroyer for me too, i have repressed alot of footy emotions and 'pretended' a great deal this year. Walked out yesterday at 3/4 time, couldnt read my phones news feed for a fifth time. Apparently a game was being played.
Realised i was doing it this year for my sons, then last evening i couldn't help but wonder if i am just putting them through what we have been experienced since the 70's. It was a sobering reflective evening.
Time for some post summer reflection. Yes you always come back, but not all comes back.
On a related and probably more important matter, i am concerned for our coach. He is extremely eloquent and open, but this and last year seems to have hurt and burned so much judging from his comments this week. You can only take so much, i just hope he can re gather the necessary energy and verve that coaching requires.

If you don’t want to watch Collingwood because you are scared we might lose then you need to assess your life choices and priorities. How pathetic.
Maybe just maybe the person whom you speak of has seen more than his share of grief than just have someone dismiss him out of hand,that is pathetic.

It's not an attack but I would suggest you talk to some of the members of those teams and their families and friends if you are looking for some upside. And Hawthorn got quite successful promoting themselves as the family club

It's just a game mate. You have to take the good with the bad. Be thankful you're not a Saints or Freo supporter. In time we will be winners again. Richmond had to wait 37 years to see its current glory. I personally have given up on being upset once an unsuccessful season has finished.

If we were really going to assess our life priorities I doubt any of us would be in here arguing psychological responses without a single psychology degree in the room :D

I would be unaware of this persons situation outside of football and only replying to what was stated regarding the 2018 gF
I also am unaware of this persons situation out side of football but sometimes you do have to recharge the batteries.
He like you and I and others here even more so have had so many bad memories of things past that you can become jaded and not dismissed as pathetic.

I do not want a disagreement over this with you,so have a nice day.

I also am unaware of this persons situation out side of football but sometimes you do have to recharge the batteries.
He like you and I and others here even more so have had so many bad memories of things past that you can become jaded and not dismissed as pathetic.

I do not want a disagreement over this with you,so have a nice day.

The batteries need replacing if you take a year off watching football

Thanks Timmy from Thomastown. Love big footy and Thomastown
giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back