Multiplat Destiny

Remove this Banner Ad

For a laugh I read through the first 20 pages or so of thread 1 from the announcement of the game to when people were playing the Beta (including me). Did chuckle at me not knowing how to dance/use a Super and too shite to play PVP.... some would say nothing has changed (and they would be correct on the PVP front).
Reading back over my posts in the thread, you can actually pinpoint the second when Bungie rips my heart in half.

giphy.gif

speaking of pvp- whats the weapon meta atm?
when i left i think it was still low rof pulses and hand cannons.

High rate of fire pulses with high calibre rounds (Clever Dragon) and shotguns (Matador).

But there's a weapons rebalance next week so we shall see what happens.

In a presentation accompanying its fourth quarter 2016 earnings today, Activision clarified that it will release a “full Destiny sequel in 2017 to broaden the franchise’s global reach, which along with follow-on content plans, sets the stage for growth.”

Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg confirmed in a call following the earnings report that "development is going great, and it is indeed on track for release this fall." Activision also said Destiny will aim for a "great cinematic story" this time around.
http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/02/09/destiny-sequel-still-on-track-for-2017

Screen-Shot-2017-02-09-at-1.24.32-PM.png

I really hope that, "follow-on content plans," doesn't mean they've already got the base game and DLC slated for 2017 release, because if they do they haven't learned a thing.

With Activision telling Bungie release this year or we basically own you, it'll be interesting what gets cut from the game and offered later as DLC in the last minute rush to get it done.

Oddly hyped for Destiny 2 even though i stopped at The Taken King and thought the PVP was trash.

Looking forward to the next loot cave.

Apparently a small studio is working on 2018's main DLC already. Which I don't think is a bad thing
As long as it is an '18 release. It's hard to see the base game releasing before the second half of the year so if they're already funnelling some of that into extra, same-year content then it's a really bad sign.

With Activision telling Bungie release this year or we basically own you, it'll be interesting what gets cut from the game and offered later as DLC in the last minute rush to get it done.

Oddly hyped for Destiny 2 even though i stopped at The Taken King and thought the PVP was trash.

Looking forward to the next loot cave.
Yep same here. Although I'm more excited for getting back into the community. As somebody that's not really a fan of PVP games, Destiny was easily my favourite online gaming experience.

Still have a bunch of vids saved from the glory days, haha. Our team picture after our first Atheon success is my PSN cover photo. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as it is an '18 release. It's hard to see the base game releasing before the second half of the year so if they're already funnelling some of that into extra, same-year content then it's a really bad sign.

Yep same here. Although I'm more excited for getting back into the community. As somebody that's not really a fan of PVP games, Destiny was easily my favourite online gaming experience.

Still have a bunch of vids saved from the glory days, haha. Our team picture after our first Atheon success is my PSN cover photo. :D
I've got vids of that entire first completed raid.

........Minus the jumping puzzle.

I've got vids of that entire first completed raid.

........Minus the jumping puzzle.
No harddrive in the world is big enough to store the video of *that* jumping puzzle experience ;)

On a completely unrelated note, hey blackshadow how are you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back