Multiplat Destiny

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question. I have 320 light level ghosts and artifacts as my highest light level on my main warlock. They're starting to hold me back in terms of maxing my light level. What's the best way of upping my artifact and ghost light levels?

Quick question. I have 320 light level ghosts and artifacts as my highest light level on my main warlock. They're starting to hold me back in terms of maxing my light level. What's the best way of upping my artifact and ghost light levels?

Tier 2/3 Court of Oryx for artifacts and Challenge of Elders for ghosts. Iron Banner would have been a good alternative for ghosts but you know...

Interesting. I have played Challenge most weeks since April and haven't received any ghosts worth keeping in terms of light level. I got the guaranteed 320 light level iron shell ghosts from Iron Bananas and the guaranteed artifacts as well. I'll keep grinding away.

Interesting. I have played Challenge most weeks since April and haven't received any ghosts worth keeping in terms of light level. I got the guaranteed 320 light level iron shell ghosts from Iron Bananas and the guaranteed artifacts as well. I'll keep grinding away.
I'm happy to farm some higher level Court stuff when I'm around. Good fun with a decent bunch but a real PITA when only one or two people there.

******* annoyed we weren't able to get past the Warsat for your SS last night - that section was just brutal. See PSN message for comments on how we might get it done. Bubble Bro + Nightstalker + SunBro might be a better option.

I'm happy to farm some higher level Court stuff when I'm around. Good fun with a decent bunch but a real PITA when only one or two people there.

******* annoyed we weren't able to get past the Warsat for your SS last night - that section was just brutal. See PSN message for comments on how we might get it done. Bubble Bro + Nightstalker + SunBro might be a better option.

Should be back on tonight. Happy to do it again, if we can source a third or we can fill our CoE sigil and run Court stuff.

Was it just the two of you?

Pain in the arse as it doesn't have matchmaking does it? Funny how that doesn't but the exotic sword strike does...

Was it just the two of you?

Pain in the arse as it doesn't have matchmaking does it? Funny how that doesn't but the exotic sword strike does...
It does have match making. Had a few pop in but each left after a couple of wipes.

19gb update, really should keep this installed.

Nah, there's something about the PS4 version of Destiny that it's always notified as being a massive update when in actual fact it's something like 300mb.

Nah, there's something about the PS4 version of Destiny that it's always notified as being a massive update when in actual fact it's something like 300mb.

When it detects a new update it has to go through all of your previously downloaded updates to ensure that you have everything. That's why checking the download takes longer than downloading the thing since it now has to sort through 19GB of patches/DLC. It will only get worse when ROI drops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When it detects a new update it has to go through all of your previously downloaded updates to ensure that you have everything. That's why checking the download takes longer than downloading the thing since it now has to sort through 19GB of patches/DLC. It will only get worse when ROI drops.

I got the latest update earlier today and it wouldn't download because I only had 37GB hard drive space left.

Looks like Trials may be back this weekend and Iron Banner next week, if everything goes to plan.

Colour me tickled blue engram, Trials up this morning.

IB confirmed next week.

Jumped on briefly last night. What's the deal with the purple loot box things that give you gear with a 3 defense stat and some neons?

Also best way to raise light level now? Im at 297 and didnt get anything over 270 from doing all the dailies and a heroic strike.

Jumped on briefly last night. What's the deal with the purple loot box things that give you gear with a 3 defense stat and some neons?

Also best way to raise light level now? Im at 297 and didnt get anything over 270 from doing all the dailies and a heroic strike.
They're only useful for getting armour with nicely-rolled perks, not for raising your light. They'll always come out at 3 light and need to be infused with higher-light level gear before they're useful.

At your point you pretty much need to rely on Vanguard/faction upgrades (make sure you pledge allegiance to one of Future War Cult, Dead Orbit or whatever the other one is), Court of Oryx for higher level artifacts, or Challenge of the Elders for higher level class items, with the occasional engram luck thrown in. Tupp and I are happy to run you through any of that whenever you're keen. We want to run a raid soon as well.

Jump into Iron Banner from tomorrow for a week. At ll 297, you'll be horribly under-powered relative to your opponents and you'll be killed more than you kill, but the post-match drops were buffed by Bungie a few IBs ago and there's nothing to suggest that this IB won't be as lucrative as the past few. I'm pretty sure that the drops will be at least as high (if not higher) than your current light level, and if you rank up to rank 3, you get a guaranteed package from Lord Saladin and another package at rank 5. Pick up the bounties from Lord Saladin, complete them and then turn them in over the weekend, to maximise the Iron Banner rep you achieve from turning in bounties.

Additionally, for each loss your team suffers, you get a medallion (cap at five) so when you win your next match, you get extra Iron Banner rep.

Even in my limited amount of time playing, I've been able to get one character fully ranked up the last two IBs and I've been rewarded with some sweet loot that really helped my light level.

In addition, playing IB ranks up your Crucible ranking, so you may also get some good drops from Lord Shaxx.

I'd also keep grinding the heroic strikes and pop 3oCs. Last night, I managed to get a set of exotic gauntlets (Nothing Manacles), a heavy weapon (Super Good Advice) and a special weapon (4th Horseman) from two games of Control and three or four heroic strikes.

At ll 297, you may struggle with Challenge of Elders, because the recommended light level for Challenge is 320 and I found it difficult to achieve, even with a fireteam, at ll 310.

If you have the time (which, unfortunately, I don't) raids are another great way of boosting your light level.

I assume you're a PS4 player? If so, feel free to add me (McCoyPauley78) and I'll happily grind some stuff with you when I'm online (usually evenings from about 9.00pm-11.30pm AEST).

Managed to snag my first ever "Reign of Terror" medal in Control last night. I was in the zone and hitting headshots left right and centre on Bannerfall and for whatever reason I was taking down my opponents before they could get me.

Decided to leave the Crucible for the time being after that particular match as I didn't want to burst my bubble.

Jump into Iron Banner from tomorrow for a week. At ll 297, you'll be horribly under-powered relative to your opponents and you'll be killed more than you kill, but the post-match drops were buffed by Bungie a few IBs ago and there's nothing to suggest that this IB won't be as lucrative as the past few. I'm pretty sure that the drops will be at least as high (if not higher) than your current light level, and if you rank up to rank 3, you get a guaranteed package from Lord Saladin and another package at rank 5. Pick up the bounties from Lord Saladin, complete them and then turn them in over the weekend, to maximise the Iron Banner rep you achieve from turning in bounties.

Additionally, for each loss your team suffers, you get a medallion (cap at five) so when you win your next match, you get extra Iron Banner rep.

Even in my limited amount of time playing, I've been able to get one character fully ranked up the last two IBs and I've been rewarded with some sweet loot that really helped my light level.

In addition, playing IB ranks up your Crucible ranking, so you may also get some good drops from Lord Shaxx.

I'd also keep grinding the heroic strikes and pop 3oCs. Last night, I managed to get a set of exotic gauntlets (Nothing Manacles), a heavy weapon (Super Good Advice) and a special weapon (4th Horseman) from two games of Control and three or four heroic strikes.

At ll 297, you may struggle with Challenge of Elders, because the recommended light level for Challenge is 320 and I found it difficult to achieve, even with a fireteam, at ll 310.

If you have the time (which, unfortunately, I don't) raids are another great way of boosting your light level.

I assume you're a PS4 player? If so, feel free to add me (McCoyPauley78) and I'll happily grind some stuff with you when I'm online (usually evenings from about 9.00pm-11.30pm AEST).
+1

I did my first IB a couple of IBs ago and went from low 300s to around 320.

Also Challenge of Elders is good for guaranteed higher light level gear than what you currently have. First is guarantee of a weapon at 30K points on your Sigil and then when completing your Sigil guaranteed armour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back