Details about your first Bigfooty post....

Remove this Banner Ad

wicksy

Cancelled
Feb 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Clippers, Daniel Ricciardo Racing
Hey all,

Thought it would be interesting if we listed some details about the first post we ever made on Bigfooty.
It will be interesting to see how much we have changed as we get older and more jaded.

Mine is as follows:

Date: Mar 9, 2007
Thread Title: Coll vs syd at narrandera live scores

Howdy all, first poster here and very passionate pies supporter. Just trying to find any info at all about tonights game. Was anyone at the game??
Oh btw, i've been reading a lot of posts on here since just b4 the kangaroos game and it seems to me that too many pies supporters jump off the boys at the slightest thing. Rusling going down seems to have emptied the bandwagon significantly. I don't actually know (cant be bothered finding out) how many games Rusling played last year but honestly i couldnt really see him being the difference between a bottom or top 8 finish. Like to know what all you guys and gals think.
Cheers
oh and go PIES :thumbsu::D

Link: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/coll-vs-syd-at-narrandera-live-scores.304097/#post-6904030

How to find it (Please let me know if there's an easier way.. I wish you could order the search results by date!!)

Find a post by them, click "posts".
Hit page 10, scroll down and click "find older messages", hit page 10, scroll down and click "find older messages"... Rinse and repeat till you get to the start!

Last edited:
I can't be bothered looking for mine, but I imagine it would have been something very vague, or on bay 13.*

*had a half assed-drunk look and could only find something from 2010.

August 10, 2015 - I think I've got the hang of it.
Post copied pasted from above date:

1) Collingwood, is there anything else?
2) Scott Pendlebury
3) 1990 Grand Final win, though it was more a relief, but I was there! I did get to hold the Premiership Cup during the week and have a photo of it, nice!
4) apparently born that way - nephew and niece have been given this gift from birth

Ok, that was the first post...

Beer could well be the biggest creative force in the universe.
"Well, Beer is what gives us our power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together."

"Well, Beer is what gives us our power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us; it binds the galaxy together."

I reckon Darth was into strong dark ale, no weak s**t for him.
images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pretty sure that my first post was to disagree with you about something. Probably to do with indigenous something something.

Most likely. Did you watch First Contact (session 2)?

Most likely. Did you watch First Contact (session 2)?
Negative. The only things I watch these days are ABC kids and whatever garbage reality tv show is my wife's flavour of the month.

Man that took ages.

I Don't Want Judd

I've been lurking on this place since about 03 and I've only NOW signed up over this Judd discussion. I love the guy that much.

Some of the comments I've heard on here are pretty strange, others are honest and insightful.

In the end, I believe Judd grew up a Melbourne supporter, but he DID say he preferred a club with success in it's near future (before correcting himself).

That leaves Hawthorn and Collingwood. Melbourne has nothing of value anyway. Especially with such a weak draft, West Coast will be after one thing...YOUNG GUN FORWARDS. Also something Collingwood and Hawthorn have.

Now Hawthorn will NEVER give buddy away, even for Judd, Boyle would be laughed at, and Roughead I'm not sure about. West Coast MAY want him.

Collingwood on the other hand have 4, Cloke, Rusling, Reid and Dawes. Now of those 4, the only one I WOULDN'T consider giving up is Cloke (why give up one of the future top 3 CHF's of the game?). But I'd wager with West Coasts recruiting prowess, Rusling and either Dawes or Reid PLUS our first pick is a WIN-WIN. West Coast get 2 young gun forwards that will play for the next 10 years for them PLUS whatever they can manage in the draft and we get the missing piece of the premiership puzzle.

Didak is untouchable for me. I'd say West Coast would take that especially if Judd REQUESTS to go to Collingwood.

Negative. The only things I watch these days are ABC kids and whatever garbage reality tv show is my wife's flavour of the month.

It's worth a watch on SBS on demand if you ever get some time to yourself.

Responding to a poster who couldn't believe Cam Wood was dropped for 1st final in 09 against the Saints.

Strange? I think it's quite obvious what the match committee was thinking. We have played 1 ruckman for most of the year which has given us an extra midfielder most weeks. Both Josh and Wood got flogged by Minson last week so we were basically 1 short. By dropping 1 you get to choose an extra back, mid or forward. They picked Roc because that means Fisher or Gilbert (One usually plays loose man) will have to pick up Jack and therefore the other or Raff Clarke have to get Medders. If it's Gilbert then Clarke probably plays loose which is better for us and if Clarke goes to Medders then its better for him. Either way it makes their back half more accountable.

Dick and Welly go because they think Sidey and Mac and can play mid and forward while the Dick can't play mid and Welly rarely goes forward.

I think they have picked the right side, it's just a matter of the boys playing out of their skins.

As usual, the Roc will get the blame if we lose and MM will cop a bagging but it won't be coming from me.

Go PIES !!!!

We lost. I blame Rocca and MM. :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back