Details on National Comp?

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge game on Sunday with, in my opinion, the structure of the national league to be dependent on how the half vic squad goes against a full WA team.

Disappointing that the game gets so little coverage in WA compared to Victoria. The womens game seems to be being embraced in Victoria while the WAFC and WAFL will have to dragged kicking and screaming to include womens football. They seem to still think that the only involvement women should have in the game is serving in the canteen.

Huge game on Sunday with, in my opinion, the structure of the national league to be dependent on how the half vic squad goes against a full WA team.

Disappointing that the game gets so little coverage in WA compared to Victoria. The womens game seems to be being embraced in Victoria while the WAFC and WAFL will have to dragged kicking and screaming to include womens football. They seem to still think that the only involvement women should have in the game is serving in the canteen.
Yes, development in Qld has come about due to AFLQ, development in Vic has come about with the VFL, where in WA it seems to be in spite of the WAFC. Also seems to be in spite of the WAWFL to be fair to the WAFC

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

On the 6PR Footy Show this morning there was an interview with Ron Alexander (Ex Fitzroy Ruckman a few years ago) who is in charge of the new Stadium development.
He was asked about Womens Footy in WA - He replied that Jan Cooper the Womens game boss was very pleased with the growth in
WA. He also said that BOTH WA clubs had put submissions in for a National League team and had been told a decision was imminent.
Also the new stadium is ahead of schedule,(It doesnt rain much in Perth now), and a Cricket Test had been booked for December 2017.
The local footy media is still not on board with the womens game IE Too many dinasours involved, who do not know its 2016 not 1986. (Thats my opinion)

Last edited:
This is a National Forum.
So WA isn't part of Australia? "Big Ron" was a champion player at both East Perth and East Fremantle before the National comp. A premiership player at East Perth, premiership coach and player at East Fremantle. Inaugural Eagles coach, involved with the Freo football club, Head of Department of Sports and Recreation in WA 13 state games for WA and you lable him ex-Fitzroy ruckman. It's a comment that mirrors the vic media whitewash of Non vic footy before 1987.

As for todays game WA were totally outcoached and outworked by the Bulldogs. A side that is so dominant in clearances and field position should not lose. It looked like they picked all the best players with no ideaa about playing positions.

It was evident that as most of the players play three competitive games a season with the rest of the season one sided matches. When they needed to they didn't work back hard enough. Did not create space or play as a team in the forward half.

So WA isn't part of Australia? "Big Ron" was a champion player at both East Perth and East Fremantle before the National comp. A premiership player at East Perth, premiership coach and player at East Fremantle. Inaugural Eagles coach, involved with the Freo football club, Head of Department of Sports and Recreation in WA 13 state games for WA and you lable him ex-Fitzroy ruckman. It's a comment that mirrors the vic media whitewash of Non vic footy before 1987.

As for todays game WA were totally outcoached and outworked by the Bulldogs. A side that is so dominant in clearances and field position should not lose. It looked like they picked all the best players with no ideaa about playing positions.

It was evident that as most of the players play three competitive games a season with the rest of the season one sided matches. When they needed to they didn't work back hard enough. Did not create space or play as a team in the forward half.
You are not going to dictate to me on what I can post or not post. That is up to the Moderators.
Most fans on here are on the East coast and International they would not know anything about Ron in WA and Fitzroy was used as a reference for the above market.

You are not going to dictate to me on what I can post or not post. That is up to the Moderators.
Most fans on here are on the East coast and International they would not know anything about Ron in WA and Fitzroy was used as a reference for the above market.
So maybe you should tell people about his history and they won't get the biased Vic centric view of the game that permeates through the media and hence through the football community.

Well the big moment has arrived --- Is it to be 8 or 10 teams. General opinion on here a while back was 8.
In Perth the Dockers new training base at Cockburn is underway and is looking very impressive for 50 million dollars. They may get the nod because their facilities developments are further advanced than the Eagles, who are about 12 months behind for their new set up at Lathlain Oval, which is near the new Burswood Stadium, but who knows.

Heard an interview with one of the lions players yesterday, I can't remember her name sorry.She said the teams should be announced Tuesday and there was 13 or 14 submissions but only 6 or 8 teams will get the nod.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It appears that this thread is now obsoleted by the tsunami of threads above. However it has had a good run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back