SirKarl0s

Team Captain
Jun 10, 2018
C-137
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I hope they have a 'No kids allowed' screening in cinemas. I love to watch this without having to listen to a cinema full of screaming children.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
The Pokemon look far too much like plush toys for my liking.

Comes across like shameless merchandise advertising and cinematic universe gesturing with a little vanilla inner-city dramatic dressing and Ryan Reynolds applied to it.

Jan 17, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone seen it yet? Thoroughly enjoyed it, but had trouble deciding on whether to concentrate on the main story in foreground or the pokemon in the background. Abit cheesy but that's part of the charm.

highlight was the Charizard freak with the tattoo lol

Bit rough putting the birth on hold I reckon.

Managed to get a pass to go and watch the movie late last night. Really enjoyed it. Very well done.

bixente

Team Captain
Feb 21, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Caught it last night with my brother. I enjoyed it well enough, first half better than the second which flew off the handle a bit. It looks amazing and it was quite funny at times. And yeah we were surrounded by a few noisy children that was annoying at points. Would give it a 7/10.

Caught it last night with my brother. I enjoyed it well enough, first half better than the second which flew off the handle a bit. It looks amazing and it was quite funny at times. And yeah we were surrounded by a few noisy children that was annoying at points. Would give it a 7/10.
I got into a 9.20pm session on a Friday night. The cinema was full, hardly any seats left.

No kids in site. First time I've been to the movies in ages where people haven't talked through the movie!!

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
7/10 could have been better but still very good and looking forward to the sequel.

Also Torterra equals this
DEA6B34E-CA3E-4246-8F20-78E41655A4AB.jpeg

bixente

Team Captain
Feb 21, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
While I liked the movie, it's not one I'll look to see on multiple occasions. For the sequel to be a real improvement, the characters need to be more memorable. I've already forgotten the name of the main protagonist and his love interest.

While I liked the movie, it's not one I'll look to see on multiple occasions. For the sequel to be a real improvement, the characters need to be more memorable. I've already forgotten the name of the main protagonist and his love interest.

Tim and Lucy.

Back