Movie Detective Pikachu

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unknown Identity

Professional Strawman
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls
My nearly 7 year old is hanging for this movie.

To be honest, i'm not going to complain taking him to this one!

SirKarl0s

Team Captain
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I hope they have a 'No kids allowed' screening in cinemas. I love to watch this without having to listen to a cinema full of screaming children.

Roobs321

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Sydney Swans GWS CBR United
The Pokemon look far too much like plush toys for my liking.

Comes across like shameless merchandise advertising and cinematic universe gesturing with a little vanilla inner-city dramatic dressing and Ryan Reynolds applied to it.

Keith Ape

Senior List
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone seen it yet? Thoroughly enjoyed it, but had trouble deciding on whether to concentrate on the main story in foreground or the pokemon in the background. Abit cheesy but that's part of the charm.

highlight was the Charizard freak with the tattoo lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bixente

Team Captain
AFL Club
Melbourne
Caught it last night with my brother. I enjoyed it well enough, first half better than the second which flew off the handle a bit. It looks amazing and it was quite funny at times. And yeah we were surrounded by a few noisy children that was annoying at points. Would give it a 7/10.

JR#8

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Croatia, New York Knicks
Thread starter #40
Caught it last night with my brother. I enjoyed it well enough, first half better than the second which flew off the handle a bit. It looks amazing and it was quite funny at times. And yeah we were surrounded by a few noisy children that was annoying at points. Would give it a 7/10.
I got into a 9.20pm session on a Friday night. The cinema was full, hardly any seats left.

No kids in site. First time I've been to the movies in ages where people haven't talked through the movie!!

Unknown Identity

Professional Strawman
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys Chicago Bulls
Took my 7 year old to see it Saturday night.

Surprisingly enjoyable, Reynolds as Pikachu somehow worked, the guy is a wizard.

HawkAussie

An casual anime fan.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
East Side Hawks, Malmo FF
I went and saw it because my friends were heading to see later. Personally I enjoyed it and would be happy to buy it on DVD despite some plot holes...

bixente

Team Captain
AFL Club
Melbourne
While I liked the movie, it's not one I'll look to see on multiple occasions. For the sequel to be a real improvement, the characters need to be more memorable. I've already forgotten the name of the main protagonist and his love interest.

eDPS

Devon Goods
AFL Club
Essendon
While I liked the movie, it's not one I'll look to see on multiple occasions. For the sequel to be a real improvement, the characters need to be more memorable. I've already forgotten the name of the main protagonist and his love interest.
Main protagonist is easy to remember for me they say his name heaps

HawkAussie

An casual anime fan.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
East Side Hawks, Malmo FF
Tim and Lucy.

Top Bottom