Movie Detective Pikachu

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
lolwut?

Had never heard of this. Trailer looked enticing enough until Pikachu opens his mouth. Making him just another Ryan Reynolds character who also corners the furry market makes me feel a bit sleazed. Pikachu talking english, and without a female voice actor, just feels a bit blasphemous. Looks a meme-core movie.

Didn't even realise it was a game adaptation (2016 3DS game).

Last edited:
If Nolan directs the sequel then they are really doubling down on not getting their fans in when they are young and letting them walk away as soon as they have money.

I think this looks aimed right at my age bracket, same generation pokemon as then and everything. Just like star wars, drag the kids along to see something mum used to like and get them hooked so more money can come in.

What do you call it when an actor can only play the one role?
Christipher Waltz suffers from it
All the old action heroes suffer from it
And now too does Ryan Reynolds
Too hard not to see or think Deadpool watching that trailer

Similar to Seth McFarlane with Peter Griffin and Ted

What do you call it when an actor can only play the one role?
Christipher Waltz suffers from it
All the old action heroes suffer from it
And now too does Ryan Reynolds
Too hard not to see or think Deadpool watching that trailer

Similar to Seth McFarlane with Peter Griffin and Ted

Typecasting.

Now??

He's been typed since two guys a girl and a pizza place.
Buried was a great movie
And I enjoyed SafeHouse
They werent Deadpooly at all

Reminds me so much of Chris Evans from Cellular, Fantastic Four, The Losers. Reinvented himself as Captain America so theres hope for Reynolds.

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
The difficulty for audiences with Reynolds for a long while was that it was hard to buy him in a drama, he always looked like he was stifling a lol, too fun of a dude to pass as deadly serious. Only in the last five years in things like The Captive and Mississippi Grind have I felt he has started to steadily leave that impression behind a little, even if the impish typecast roles keep flooding in for him as well.

Back