Politics Detrick?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
So? Why am I told about Fort Detrick, and COVID19? A person I know told me there has been talk that COVID19 came from this military medical base I think in Maryland?
The person is Chinese Australian, lived here for many decades, but where does this come from, could it be anti-American/anti-Chinese, feelings from either. Or simply scuttlebutt?

Has anybody heard this , because it's new to me! I thought it came from a market in Wuhan?

But this sort of talk sounds like germ warfare , I don't believe it myself, but how are people getting this type of bullshit into their heads, and as I said this person is Chinese, but has lived here for 40 years, I am really curious to know what others have heard, because this is a very nasty little addition for panic to people believing anything, and everything.

Is this just a Chinese government authority person doing the propaganda rubbish again for the benefit of the locals, to save face?

So? Why am I told about Fort Detrick, and COVID19? A person I know told me there has been talk that COVID19 came from this military medical base I think in Maryland?
The person is Chinese Australian, lived here for many decades, but where does this come from, could it be anti-American/anti-Chinese, feelings from either. Or simply scuttlebutt?

Has anybody heard this , because it's new to me! I thought it came from a market in Wuhan?

But this sort of talk sounds like germ warfare , I don't believe it myself, but how are people getting this type of bullshit into their heads, and as I said this person is Chinese, but has lived here for 40 years, I am really curious to know what others have heard, because this is a very nasty little addition for panic to people believing anything, and everything.

Is this just a Chinese government authority person doing the propaganda rubbish again for the benefit of the locals, to save face?

Ignore P35 m8

Captain Trips

Spooky coincidence-loop time!

in 2001 Fort Detrick was at the centre of a bioterrorist attack involving Anthrax

WASHINGTON After four years pursuing one former Army scientist on a costly false trail, F.B.I. agents investigating the deadly anthrax letters of 2001 finally zeroed in last year on a different suspect: another Army scientist from the same biodefense research center at Fort Detrick in Frederick, Md.
Over the last 18 months, even as the government battled a lawsuit filed by the first scientist, Steven J. Hatfill, investigators built a case against the second one, Bruce E. Ivins, a highly respected microbiologist who had worked for many years to design a better anthrax vaccine.

Last weekend, after learning that federal prosecutors were preparing to indict him on murder charges, Dr. Ivins, a 62-year-old father of two, took an overdose of Tylenol with codeine. He died in a Frederick hospital on Tuesday, leaving behind a grieving family and uncertainty about whether the anthrax mystery had finally been solved.

The apparent suicide of Dr. Ivins, a Red Cross volunteer and amateur juggler who had won the Defense Department’s highest civilian award in 2003, was a dramatic turn in one of the largest criminal investigations in the nation’s history. The attack, the only major act of bioterrorism on American soil, came in the jittery aftermath of the Sept. 11 attacks. It killed five people, sickened 17 others and set off a wave of panic...

Meanwhile, back in 1987, speed metal band Anthrax came up with a song about Stephen King's killer-flu ravaged world of The Stand where the flu, nicknamed Captain Trips, f*cks s**t up big time.

LYRICS
Disease, Disease
Spreading the disease
With some help from Captain Trips
He'll bring the world down to his knees
Power, yes Power
He'll show them all his power
It pulses through his ice cold blood
A whole world to devour

He's seeing, He's calling
His legacy, He's spawning
He's coming, corrupting
Among the living

Murder, Murder
Commit cold blooded murder
Like Nazis during World War Two
They only follow orders
Hatred, Hatred
A crucifix is your bed
Once he turns his eye on you
You'd be better off dead

He's coming, corrupting
Among the living

I'm the Walkin' Dude
I can see all the world
Twist your minds with fear
I'm the man with the power
Among the living
Follow me or die

Man, fights Man
Divided they can't stand
United they can battle back
And make him force his hand
Fear, yes Fear
His end is growing near
He didn't count on man's good faith
And their will to persevere

Fire, hot Fire
Purge the world with fire
Damnation is the price he'll pay
For an evil man's desire
Good, vs. Evil
The stand to vanquish evil
Man can only live one way
That place right in the middle

He's coming, corrupting
Among the living

I'm the Walkin' Dude
I can see all the world
Among the living
Follow me or die...

And now Fort Detrick is at the epicentre of super-flu outbreak rumours!!

Guide to 21st century living:

US talks about Iran or China or Russia = Ignore button
China talks about Japan = Ignore
Far left talks about far right talks about far left = Ignore
Robert Walls talks about West Coast = Ignore

If there is some sense of open conflict, the ability to rationally discuss the other side in any objective sense just seems to disintegrate

Guide to 21st century living:

US talks about Iran or China or Russia = Ignore button
China talks about Japan = Ignore
Far left talks about far right talks about far left = Ignore
Robert Walls talks about West Coast = Ignore

If there is some sense of open conflict, the ability to rationally discuss the other side in any objective sense just seems to disintegrate

Good old Throbby Balls! Where is he at these days? Haven't heard boo from him since he was at Channel 10 back when Geelong won all those shiny cups (sigh...)

Spooky coincidence-loop time!

in 2001 Fort Detrick was at the centre of a bioterrorist attack involving Anthrax

Meanwhile, back in 1987, speed metal band Anthrax came up with a song about Stephen King's killer-flu ravaged world of The Stand where the flu, nicknamed Captain Trips, f*cks s**t up big time.

LYRICS
Disease, Disease
Spreading the disease
With some help from Captain Trips
He'll bring the world down to his knees
Power, yes Power
He'll show them all his power
It pulses through his ice cold blood
A whole world to devour

He's coming, corrupting
Among the living

Murder, Murder
Commit cold blooded murder
Like Nazis during World War Two
They only follow orders
Hatred, Hatred
A crucifix is your bed
Once he turns his eye on you
You'd be better off dead

He's coming, corrupting
Among the living

I'm the Walkin' Dude
I can see all the world
Among the living
Follow me or die

Man, fights Man
Divided they can't stand
United they can battle back
And make him force his hand
Fear, yes Fear
His end is growing near
He didn't count on man's good faith
And their will to persevere

Fire, hot Fire
Purge the world with fire
Damnation is the price he'll pay
For an evil man's desire
Good, vs. Evil
The stand to vanquish evil
Man can only live one way
That place right in the middle

He's coming, corrupting
Among the living

I'm the Walkin' Dude
I can see all the world
Among the living
Follow me or die...

And now Fort Detrick is at the epicentre of super-flu outbreak rumours!!

Yeah but.... there's 1 million sick or dead , and nearly 8 billion still standing and a different medical system to the Spanish flu time.
The walking dude Randall Flagg, the crow , I don't happen to believe Fort Detrick has anything to do with this outbreak, its Chinese propaganda , and its not just what I got told by a Chinese neighbour, who would tell something like that, even though they've ;ived here fopr forty years its like China indoctrinates anyone of their race, in the brain, but even the main stream news now acknowledges that some propagandist in the PRC has blamed America , these people are childish sometimes in how they verbally debate, by making outlandish claims , when the world looks at them and says NAH MATE!!!!!
You guys started it, and no doubt, my first post to make this thread up, was because this I had heard, I was curious, The Stand and songs etc mean nothing, only stuff out of the weird imagination of Steven King, even outsider sort of left me flat.

Its not a conspiracy. Its straight up chinese propoganda.

xi and to a lesser degree trump have created this crisis. And there use of propoganda has somehow made their supporters love them more.

xi could end up very well killing more people then Mao because of this. Although unlike Mao most of the deaths wont be chinese.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back