PS4 Detroit: Become Human

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
What the hell was the R18 classification made for if we're still going to censor games?

**** me social justice warriors s**t me.

Exactly. Just make it R, done.

That article (or I should say the quotes in it) is a joke, this wouldn't even be discussed if it was a scene in a movie. Where games are at these days I don't get why its such a massive distinction. Interaction vs non-interaction? They're both still entertainment, which seems to be the thrust of their argument.

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
I think the reason this comes up for games is if there is a 'reward' for doing bad things.
As silly as that is.

I don't think this game will get banned because I'm pretty sure there is no 'reward' for someone dying, not like in GTA where you a 'rewarded' with money for killing a hooker.

The fact that these scenes are so confronting is surely a good thing through right?
I mean any normal person is surely disgusted at a 10yr old being beaten up by an adult, but I think this should be used as a strong mechanism to demonstrate the horror of domestic violence.
I would imagine that people playing would be deeply affected and may even be put off that game, but that's not a reason to ban it!

The Video Game medium needs to stop being seen as some evil place where every action is done for enjoyment and/or reward, rather many games these days are basically interactive movies that look to explore important topics and shed light on the real consequences of these horrible actions in a new way.

If you've got some sick people out there who 'get off' or enjoy seeing a child beaten, I don't think you can blame this game for their behaviour.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I remember there being something about that if the game contained sexual violence then it was automatically going to be refused classification. I can sympathise with that explanation if it were consistent, but when I can go into JB hifi and find Irreversible on the shelves in the movies then that’s just bullshit and clear double standards. The board and government are still stuck in the “video games are for children” mentality despite introducing an R18+ classification. When the recent Wolfenstein was released I was in Coles and saw some kid no older than 10 with his grandfather (I assume) walking around with the game in his hands. I bet he took it to the counter at JB or EB in the centre with his grandfather to purchase. This classification needs to be strictly enforced for it to work.

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This classification needs to be strictly enforced for it to work.
No all the clarification should only be used for is a guideline for parents, whether they choice to follow the advice is up to them. It's ridiculous that the government is babysitting grown adults on what they can and can't watch, specially when they allow it in other entertainment formats.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
No all the clarification should only be used for is a guideline for parents, whether they choice to follow the advice is up to them. It's ridiculous that the government is babysitting grown adults on what they can and can't watch, specially when they allow it in other entertainment formats.

I agree it’s ridiculous and I don’t mind whether it’s enforced or the parents and board are told to suck it up. They’re the ones complaining about R rated games. They buy them for their kids then complain about the content despite the R18+ classification. Remember what happened with GTA and Target? Retailers need to stop selling them to derpy Mum and dads too when it’s clearly for little snot nosed Johnny standing there with them.

Has a release date been set?

Keep forgetting it's 2018 and all the games I had on my radar for 'next year' are now (subject to any delays) due this year. :p

I do enjoy the QD games but I have found that they do lack replayability, probably because of the lack of actual game play.
They behave more like an interactive movie then games which is fine but I’ll probably wait 6-12 months and get this once the price has dropped.

bulletride

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
DXNbT6uVQAA0vRD.jpg

so the hype is real?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Game looks great, the little story was fun enough to play, if you like those types of games I think you'll be a huge fan, if not you'll be disappointed. Don't want to say too much and ruin it for anyone but I will give the level a few more goes later and see what the different results are.

Game looks great, the little story was fun enough to play, if you like those types of games I think you'll be a huge fan, if not you'll be disappointed. Don't want to say too much and ruin it for anyone but I will give the level a few more goes later and see what the different results are.
is it similar to Heavy Rain?

Haven't played HR yet but plays like Until Dawn on steroids, looks like it will encourage replayability too.

Def in for me.

Haven't played HR yet but plays like Until Dawn on steroids, looks like it will encourage replayability too.

Def in for me.
Perfect. That is in the mould of Heavy Rain.

Exactly what I wanted to hear

Yeah the demo was an investigation into a negotiation. Go here look at evidence, look further into evidence, then talk to the bloke and see what you can do. Played out really well I thought.

Back