Teams Detroit Lions - Honolulu Blue

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot on, no way we can play like that against Giants and Cowboys. I'd rather jag one of them so we don't have to rely on the GB game because we all know how that will end.
Yeah same here. It's likely to come down to that game. Can't see Green Bay losing to Chicago or The Vikings. Ofcoarse the Vikings could still take it out (unlikely) with games against Chicago,Colts and Packers. Of the next 2 games I think the Giants are still our best shot of an upset. Their defence is great,but their offence can be patchy. Riddick should be back next week (and he was sorely missed today I think),Levy should be better for the run and I have faith in Stafford to lift next week. Hopefully that finger isn't stuffed.

This is the type of game we should win comfortably but that's not in the Lions DNA. Penalties and drops saved us from an embarrassing loss which really would have jeopardized our division title aspirations.

Not happy but I take the W.

GB are lurking and it makes me nervous.

Reports say Stafford's finger is dislocated and has torn ligaments in his hand. Fantastic.

Feel so deflated. I just hate the s**t narrative that of course GB is going to come back and the Lions will fold all the way to the end.

I hate the Packers so much and this s**t just has to go this way.

*!

I'll start by giving the Giants defence credit,they don't give you much to work with. In saying that.....

Our offence is worryingly stagnant coming into the biggest part of our season and it's got nothing to do with Staffords finger. It's time to either put the running game away or stop using Washington as the lead RB because he looks like he's allergic to yards. We can't be wasting 1st and 2nd downs for gain of 1 or 2 yards and hoping Stafford comes up with a big play on 3rd down all the time. If Riddick isn't back next week I'd prefer using Zenner more (despite the shocking fumble),he seems to run gaps better IMO.

Our offensive line is a worry too,giving Stafford no time at all. You noticed how much more time Manning got to get rid of it,although you could argue that our pass rush was disappointing again.

Despite another disappointing game I'm expecting a much stronger game against Dallas next week. Cowboys defence is likely to give us more opportunities and hopefully Riddick is back.

On a different note,what are the biggest requirements in next years draft? I think we need a top class running back clearly,but maybe with Abdullah fit it might not be top priority. Think another classy CB wouldn't go astray

Allen Park — The Detroit Lions' clearest path to the playoffs remains beating the Green Bay Packers in the season finale and claiming the NFC North, but the team might not need to wait that long to secure a postseason berth.
There are three ways Detroit could punch their ticket to the playoffs this week, including one where they wouldn’t need to beat Dallas, thanks to Washington losing Monday night.
First, the easy way.
With a lot of help, the Lions could end up in the playoffs before they even play the Cowboys on Monday night. They would need three games to fall their way during the weekend.
Atlanta would need to top (or tie) Carolina, winning the NFC South
New Orleans would need to beat Tampa Bay.
Chicago would need to upset (or tie) Washington.
That would give the Lions all the necessary tiebreakers for the final wild-card spot in the NFC, even if they finish the season on a three-game losing streak.
If that convoluted scenario doesn’t play out, beating the Cowboys would put the Lions in the postseason one of two ways.
The first would see New Orleans besting Tampa Bay, giving Detroit the wild card with 10 wins. Tampa Bay and Washington would be unable to match that mark.

On a different note,what are the biggest requirements in next years draft? I think we need a top class running back clearly,but maybe with Abdullah fit it might not be top priority. Think another classy CB wouldn't go astray
Best defensive player available regardless of position...The Lions need playmakers on that side of the ball. I was leaning toward LB in the first round but we're in serious need in upgrading our pass rush. I'm not sure if that need is within the DE or DT but whatever it is we need to fix it.

RBs Fournette & McCaffrey intrigue also.

Best defensive player available regardless of position...The Lions need playmakers on that side of the ball. I was leaning toward LB in the first round but we're in serious need in upgrading our pass rush. I'm not sure if that need is within the DE or DT but whatever it is we need to fix it.

RBs Fournette & McCaffrey intrigue also.
Agree. The lack of pass rush has been glaring this year. No one seems to be able to put a move on their opposing lineman on a consistent basis and the QB has an eternity to throw the ball. Ansah is playing injured and Hyder has shown ability which is hopefully not just a flash in the pan.

Levy is decent, but who knows if he'll stay fit and while Whitehead is a steady player that makes a lot of tackles, I don't think he comes up with enough big plays or has that real instinct to.

If Abdullah is fit next year I'm more than happy to have him as the main RB as he had good numbers/yardage last year.

Got my Ziggy Ansah jersey yesterday, looks outstanding I must say. Pumped to to have the day off to watch us take on the Cowboys tomorrow and hopefully tie up a playoffs spot before having to play a red hot Packers. If we can get our pass rush going more and ditch the running game a bit I think we're a shot.

Got my Ziggy Ansah jersey yesterday, looks outstanding I must say. Pumped to to have the day off to watch us take on the Cowboys tomorrow and hopefully tie up a playoffs spot before having to play a red hot Packers. If we can get our pass rush going more and ditch the running game a bit I think we're a shot.
post a pic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won't abandon the run. Get used to 2 short runs and 3rd and long.
That's what I'm dreading. I don't want to abandon the run altogether, more adjust the ratio to 2 throws and 1 run per set of downs. I'd also like to see us go with Zenner more.

Not sure if it's just because what is at stake but this is hard to watch. Both lines are following up awesome stuff with deadset howlers.
Yep,rather see a tight game with our D making some more stops

Annnnnd right on queue.

Love the mysterious call without a number to offset Dez's face grab. Deja vu to a playoff game there a couple seasons back.
"HOLDING-Someone from the Lions too prolly"

Concering last 2 weeks. Offence bad last week and defence shitting the bed this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back