Multiplat Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Remove this Banner Ad

I played through the leak a couple of months ago. If you liked Deus Ex 1, I'm sure you'll like this. For the most part, its absolutely true to its roots unlike IW. It feels like Deus Ex in almost every way. The only thing I didn't care for was the lack of lean and the instant-kill button, but you can always stop using that or do what I did and unbound the button for it.

The first of a great list of games to be released in the final quarter of the year.

The drought is nearly over and I can't ****ing wait.

Hi all. Deus Ex 1 is easily my favourite ever PC game and is probably one of the last I remember playing on PC as I've moved to consoles now. I played the Beta recently, just to get a taste of whether I liked it, and I sure did.

What I'm unsure of is how different will the PC version be to the PS3 version? Is it usually a big difference or has PS3 technology got enough in it to make them very similar?

Either way, I will be purchasing on Thursday as worst case I can trade it in for Madden 12 in the 7 days but I'm hoping it's so good I don't need to!!

It's close. The PC version has a custom interface and inventory management and is also somewhat harder in order to make up for the accuracy of M&K control.

Other than that, the better graphics and 3D support, the console version is pretty much the same.

US steam unlock is in 3 hours. I'll be using a VPN to play early.

Very excited for this one:)

Tell me how. DO you need to have bought it via us steam store?

You don't need to have bought it from the US store, I'm 95% sure (though I haven't seen it confirmed, one way or the other).

http://www.flyvpn.com/

Go download that software and run it.

Login with the trial log-in details here:
http://www.flyvpn.com/freetrial (the log in changes every 20 mins, so if its not letting you access the proxy, go back to this page).

-Open internet explore
-Go to Internet Options
-Under the "connections" tab, select "LAN Settings"
-Here it will have a box to check under "proxy server" called "Use a proxy server for your LAN"
-Check this box

Once this is done, log in to steam, finish the pre-load, and run the game once (or the setup) to be sure.

Now, simply go into offline mode in steam and your game will stay unlocked.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Once this is done, disconnect from FlyVPN and uncheck the box I told you to check in "Internet Settings, Connections, LAN Settings".

All done. As long as you keep your Steam in offline mode you will stay unlocked. If you don't, if will remain unplayable until the Aus launch, unless you go back onto the proxy again. The proxy trial only has 20mins at a time, so don't waste too much time and just get it de-crypted, run setup and then go offline.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got this on G2play for 30 bucks, still around 40 atm for a steam key, they are sending keys out on the 26th is the only issue.

Reviews have been very good and am looking forward to this a lot.

Tried doing what FGMPR said but the decrypting only got to 64% then it got stuck so I'll wait until tomorrow. However games seem to be released on steam not based on Australian time despite it not being released until the Australian date.

Some people have said the same thing over on W/P, seems if ya wait a bit it continues though.

So what do people think?

I've probably already made my views clear, but its awesome. It feels like an updated Deus Ex without dumbing it down into oblivion like Invisible War. I just hope it sells well, because we need more games being made with this kind of design philosophy. It is obviously crafted by a team who love and admire Deus Ex. You can see it everywhere in the small details and reactions to your actions in the game, ala DX1.

You'll soon see how good it is. It's easily my second favorite game of the year so far after The Witcher 2.

Got this one loaded on steam for after work, as much as I wanted to get this for PS3 $38 for augmented edition + original deus ex goty edition was to good to pass up.

looks awesome :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back