Devastated for you blokes

Mar 13, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, The Abbotsford Anglers
I admit I’ve always been very anti GWS and their addition to the AFL, but you won me over during your finals campaign. You showed a lot of courage and your game style is exciting to watch. I think you played your guts out to exhaustion during the finals and there was just nothing left in the tank come Grand Final Day.

Good luck guys (unless it’s against Freo)!

Halcon

Team Captain
Aug 19, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm another neutral who's fully jumped on board the bandwagon and I'm feeling really sad and sorry for you tonight. I've been super impressed by your club and its culture the more I've followed you over the past few years and Nick Haynes would just about be my favourite player in the competition. It sucks that you lost the way you did but it looks as though you've got really good people to navigate you through it - look where you've come from! I can understand that some are upset about the decision to play Phil Davis, and I don't mean to speak out of turn, but it was gut-wrenching to watch his interview with Daisy Pearce and I hope people don't go too hard on him as he's obviously hurting big time. Anyway, good luck for 2020.

Would have been a great footy story.
******* those drinking the Hatorade.
Hope the Giants use this to go better in 2020. Chin up stay positive and stride forward. Still got a massive awesome nucleus of players.

BarryAglett

7th Round Draft Pick
Sep 24, 2014
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Bad luck guys, expected a great game and unfortunately you payed your worst game of the year vs our best game of the year.
We did this against the pies in last years preliminary and bounced back, hopefully you do the same.
Not a worthy GF to represent our achievement this year. Appreciate the respect. :thumbsu:

Just wanted to shout out how much respect I have gained for gws over the last few months

The scoreline of yesterday dosent do justice how good of a team you have

I believe this will be a defining period for gws and help propel you guys to the next level

Looking forward to the re match next year with a fully fit and improved outfit

I come in peace, Saturday was all part of the journey, Richmond didn’t become good overnight, they even lost a final to the 9th placed team. You guys will get there, now you know what it takes and what to expect. What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger. Good luck for 2020.

Ps I hope Toby is ok, with players mental health and all its a lot to cop, hopefully the media will leave him alone.

Schlurp

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
Everything changes. No one stays on top forever. And I'm qualified to say that as a Richmond supporter who endured 37 years of misery. Your Club is tracking light years faster than the Swans did when they were created and it's just a matter of remembering that success is a long game. I wish you well because a strong competitor is always good for the total game. But I'll always take a Richmond flag before one of any of the other 17 Clubs. Can't lie.

Giants were spent come the GF. But I hope they've learnt belief.

I've often said that once the Giants learnt to play ugly they'd win finals. 2019 the Giants learnt to play ugly and win. Reckon there is no reason you lot can't be there at the end of September 2020.

I've got a big soft pot for the Giants, living in Canberra. If the Tiges don't win I'd want the Giants to do it.

Giants were spent come the GF. But I hope they've learnt belief.

I've often said that once the Giants learnt to play ugly they'd win finals. 2019 the Giants learnt to play ugly and win. Reckon there is no reason you lot can't be there at the end of September 2020.

I've got a big soft pot for the Giants, living in Canberra. If the Tiges don't win I'd want the Giants to do it.
What a crap picture, a drugged up tiger being exploited to make money from tourists.

Back