Prediction Developers in 2019

Jun 28, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Every pre-season we have a thread like this so may as well start now.

Which three players do you see as major developers in 2019? Box Hill and Training watchers will likely be ten million times ahead of me on this.

I’m going to say
- CJ
- Mitchell Lewis
- Hanrahan

Wouldn’t be surprised if Rough will spend way more time with ML, now he is relieved of captaincy duties. This can only be a good thing. Roughy will want ML to be good enough to step into his boots and I suspect this will be something he will focus on in a big way.

Sammy Mitchell will be great for the naturally talented Hanrahan and CJ. I’m hoping they both explode next year.

How about youse?

I've got a soft spot for Cousins, not just because he's our sponsored player, and I think that Mitchell's return to the club will give him quite a boost. Dylan Moore had a great finals series and he's the other one I'm keen to see improve.

Look out for the 3rd-4th year players to improve or push for a best 22 spot like Cousins, Glass, Miles, Pittonet, Morrison, Lewis etc is where I see the improvement coming from.

Cousins is the one who stands out the most as the likely player who will be the Hawks most improved player for 2019.

Hawks1994

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 22, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Arizona Cardinals
So many to choose from but the one for me is Nash; I'm really looking forward to seeing his development now with senior football under his belt and some great signs shown in those matches.

Athletic ability and determination are clearly evident, add in improved football smarts and it could be something very exciting

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
Back in Stinktown (Adelaide)
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sign me up to the CJ bandwagon
Looks a real specimen in the pre-season video and seemed to have a real good attitude.
Showed some freakish skills in the VFL grand final, and also in some of the other video's have seen of him.

I will be disappointed if he doesnt get some games in the one's this year....notwithstanding injury of course

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cj’s decision making and skill are way to poor atm, still think he’s awhile off. The one that’s impressed me is Dylan Moore. His last few weeks put him up there with hanrahan, and because of his work rate and endurance I think he’ll push ahead of hanrahan in the pecking order.

Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Moore is the most likely. This kid is an animal for the contest and has pretty handy skills. Hard to see him not making it.

The spotlight is firmly on Lewis. Bulking up is what he needed to do, so expect him to prove he is AFL class.

burger09

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Keen to see more of what the jones boy can produce for boxhill.

If worps and harry can take another step up it would go a long way to filling out our midfield depth and making us a contender again.

Back