Prediction Developers in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a LOT of players in this bracket, isn't there? Imagine if several of them have break-out seasons in 2019!

Dylan Moore
Mitch Lewis
Mark Pittonet
James Cousins
Oliver Hanrahan
CJ
Jack Scrimshaw
Conor Nash
Conor Glass
Jackson Ross

Even players who've seemingly broken into our best 22, in Harry Morrison & James Worpel, have only just started demonstrating their potential.

There's a LOT of players in this bracket, isn't there? Imagine if several of them have break-out seasons in 2019!

Dylan Moore
Mitch Lewis
Mark Pittonet
James Cousins
Oliver Hanrahan
CJ
Jack Scrimshaw
Conor Nash
Conor Glass
Jackson Ross

Even players who've seemingly broken into our best 22, in Harry Morrison & James Worpel, have only just started demonstrating their potential.
Agree mojo, a very interesting year and an important one for our next tilt - in 12 months we will have some good insights into whether we have the makings of another flag side or find out if the kids are not up to it.

In 12 months we may also lose rough, Burgoyne, Frawley maybe birch (plus hendo, shoey etc), so at very least we need a few to come on.

We also have players like brand, mirra who are yet to establish themselves and also a smokey in Mohr who is afl standard if fit. Also don’t forget Harry jones.

Expect there is going to be fierce competition for spots in 2019.

Agree mojo, a very interesting year and an important one for our next tilt - in 12 months we will have some good insights into whether we have the makings of another flag side or find out if the kids are not up to it.

In 12 months we may also lose rough, Burgoyne, Frawley maybe birch (plus hendo, shoey etc), so at very least we need a few to come on.

We also have players like brand, mirra who are yet to establish themselves and also a smokey in Mohr who is afl standard if fit. Also don’t forget Harry jones.

Yeah there’s some hope as well in all this. You’re right that we would want thosenabove eventually replaced (as hard as that will be). So far I see

Birch: Scrimshaw and maybe CJ long term
Frawley: Mohr, Brand, Kosi maybe even Nash
Roughy/Schoey: Nash, Mitchell Lewis and maybe a second ruck ie Cegs
BB: Pitto step up!

Burgers: Cogs!!!

2019 is a really big year and the development of many will show whether the strategy adopted since the last flag has been a good one or flawed.

At the top level, O’Meara, Wingard and Scully are the three most important. In them we possibly have 3 truly elite players we did not have last year (Jaeger was very good last year but with improvement he can step into that top bracket of mids in the comp). Their fitness and development is huge to our next push towards success

The next level down are the guys who have shown AFL ability but we want to see develop into quality players - Worpel, Morrison the obvious ones.

Then there are the guys who have shown potential that we hope can step up and play league footy. There’s plenty of them. Lewis the most important structurally

Really interesting year ahead.

As with all things 'Clarko', the most important development in 2019 will be that of our Game Plan.

I don't quite think we'll go silly like the 9'ers or Throwies of 2016, but I expect we'll play a bit more attacking in 2019.

Adding 3x A Graders to our 2019 lineup (+ Skrillex) is just massive.

I'm keen to see if Dan Howe can find another gear and become that rock solid player that week in week out gives 100% and a known quantity of output, similar to Brad Sewell.
Get to more contest beat his opposition, get ball dish off rinse and repeat.
Not every player can be a star but workhorse's help our stars shine.

I'm keen to see if Dan Howe can find another gear and become that rock solid player that week in week out gives 100% and a known quantity of output, similar to Brad Sewell.
Get to more contest beat his opposition, get ball dish off rinse and repeat.
Not every player can be a star but workhorse's help our stars shine.

I felt like he’d started to be that guy before his suspension last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At 198cms and with decent pace, it's time to try Brand up forward. He has been average at best down back. Re-Brand the Brand!

Dylan Moore played as a small forward instead of wing in the BHH Finals, showed a lot of encouraging form, i mean as a small forward he was close to the player of the finals for BHH, as a winger he is ok, but tends to kick into opponents a lot and doesnt quite feel natural in that position just yet, its definitely his secondary position, so i'd like to see Moore played as a small forward primarily and hopefully in the AFL a few times in 2019

i want to see Teia Miles develop physically, he has the run, energy and footy skills, but having the body of a teenager (22 yrs old)wont cut it in the big league for too long

i'm hoping Mitch Lewis takes another big step in his development to impact games at AFL level or continue his goal kicking form at BHH in 2019

i'm a fan of both Jackson Ross and Harry Jones, but both have a bit of work to do.

out of the 4 youngsters picked in the draft JKos seems the most developed and im keen to see his performances at BHH, Walker seems like a good type (i felt like he was similar to Curtis Taylor, a bit laconic but highly skilled with a much better contested mark and showed an ability to impact the mid with his TAC Cup finals performances), Greaves might be the best of the bunch (he is a tough and hard running defender with a competitive streak) and Golds needs more development but could be a bonus as back up winger

The existing young players
Worps- a little lighter meaning his capacity to stay in a game longer will improve and that is exciting as stiff happens when he is playing.
Morrison- just calm and makes really good decisions in traffic. Could become key link player with polish.
Nash- speed and height a dangerous combination. Adjusting to the pace of afl but could take a very big step.

Hardwick- love the kid, confident and no nonsense attack on ball and player could become a real weapon this season

It will take Scully and chad at least half the year to get in the groove with the style Clarke asks. Really keen on the second half of the year for these two.

Of the kids
Scrimshaw is exciting. Tall rangy defender just wanting to see the want to be the best that he can be. It’s up to him
Kosi - key defenders take time but he could be fast tracked
Moore- quality but is a little back in the pecking order, I see his development similar to Breust who needed a little time to find his groove in the 2’s.
Lewis- big, tall marking forwards we have never been strong in. He could be anything.

There are s hand full of others like cousins, glass, miles & Pino who could all play big roles in excelerated development and might surprise many. Exciting times

Nash, Worpel and Morrison are my picks to start cementing their positions for next year.

Glass, Miles and Scrimshaw, all have potential to start solidifying their credentials next year.

CJ has me very excited. What wonders lay ahead. XFactor to the max.
Worpel + Sam Mitchell = the breaking of the threshold.
Nash, like Rusev, is the super athlete. Potential lethal weapon.
Lewis + muscle = potential forward saviour.
Glass went MIA last season after a tantalizing debut year. If he finds his mojo he could be a revelation.

CJ has me very excited. What wonders lay ahead. XFactor to the max.
Worpel + Sam Mitchell = the breaking of the threshold.
Nash, like Rusev, is the super athlete. Potential lethal weapon.
Lewis + muscle = potential forward saviour.
Glass went MIA last season after a tantalizing debut year. If he finds his mojo he could be a revelation.

CJ's a bit of an enigma for me.

I remember watching him play in the intra-club match during pre-season and being mildly impressed with his capabilities.

I wonder where his best position will lie...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back