Prediction Developers in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

No youf my arse. This thread is confusing me (in a good way)

I have forgotten about Morrison and I am quite interested in what Sammy M does with him
Any team can list a few names and say they have good youth. This thread doesn't prove anything.

Little bit left field with this one however i think Timmy Mohr will play alot of footy for us next year

Finally injury free from all reports and he held up well in those early years at GWS especially considering how much the ball was going in there in those years

Worps and O'Meara will both go to another level with Sam Mitchell training them. Scary to think that Titch may go up another notch as well....

Wingard will improve on last years form.. hopefully we can get him back to AA form.

It will finally click for Brand and O'Brien down back.

Spot on the wing for Moore.

Worpel and Morrison will cement themselves in best 22.

I would not be surprised to see Mathew Walker get games ahead of Hanrahan, just seems like the type Clarko will play very early on. Considering he has kicked bags in NEAFL, might be a sneaky chance.

I'd be interested to hear if Jackson Ross has put on any size, looked a nice mover late last year.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

It will finally click for Brand and O'Brien down back.

Spot on the wing for Moore.

Worpel and Morrison will cement themselves in best 22.

I would not be surprised to see Mathew Walker get games ahead of Hanrahan, just seems like the type Clarko will play very early on. Considering he has kicked bags in NEAFL, might be a sneaky chance.

I'd be interested to hear if Jackson Ross has put on any size, looked a nice mover late last year.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trio of Moore, Scully and Izzy sounds pretty tasty to me.

Reckon the 'bolter' will be a surprise this year, but ones I'm watching out for improvement from are:

Hanrahan - Shows AFL class. Has the side step and balance, disposal and ability to hit the scoreboard that you think would translate to AFL level. I reckon he is someone who would raise his level to the higher standard as well if given a chance. Not sure how far his fitness levels/following our game plan is away from senior level, but he has the X Factor and importantly hurt factor to translate his game to senior level and add something to our team.

Cousins - Has the intensity and has shown can handle himself at the level in his debut with a fantastic start. Needs to iron out his disposal, and look to be able to play off the flanks and add to his skill set, but I like him as a player. Has a lot more presence on the field than O'Rourke or Lovell did IMO. Has a real opportunity this year with where our list is at, and think he has the drive to take it.

Howe - Think he has another level to go to yet. Think once he finds a balance between his defence and attack, and settles in our side another year he can be a very solid player. Think it’s belief that he belongs that holds him back, and more confidence in his own game, in terms of his disposal and decision making, that needs to go up another gear. Would lift the depth of our side enormously if he could break out to another level.

Conor Nash and Harry Morrison are two youngsters Clarko seems to have great interest in, and sees potential int so that being the case, I expect big things from them in 2019. I also have a lot of time for Cuz; maybe because of my association with Mansfield, but the kid can play.

Reading this thread, there are so many exciting youngsters who will be fighting for places, I believe we should be looking at the way we have found all this talent with the low draft picks available to us. The way Clarko, Wright, Mackenzie and all involved go about it is to be applauded.

WARNING: I can remember the expectations for Grim., Boxer, Kurt, Litherland, and so many others who just couldn't take the big step to AFL, but starred at the second level, so time will tell, and our coaching staff would have learned a lot from the list of players who didn't quite make it.

Exciting times ahead.

WARNING: I can remember the expectations for Grim., Boxer, Kurt, Litherland, and so many others who just couldn't take the big step to AFL, but starred at the second level, so time will tell, and our coaching staff would have learned a lot from the list of players who didn't quite make it.

Exciting times ahead.
It's a fair warning too TH, we get excited about our kids and sometimes glimpses turn out to be just that

Cuz can play, whether he takes the step up to regular senior footy will be interesting, but him finishing so high in the pre christmas time trial is a good start as he said during the year that building his tank was the most important thing he needed to do

Harry looks like he's going to be a steal and Nash could be anything if he can put the tools he has to use, whether he can learn what he needs to is yet to be seen but it won't be for lack of trying or smarts if he doesn't

Worpel is in. Only 11 games into his career including 2 finals. He's had a taste and shown some great glimpses. Has what it takes.

Lewis: Everything I'm hearing about this guy (not just from Bigfooty) is that he's got a huge work ethic and his year in the VFL was much more because of that than talent. Not to say he doesn't have talent, he does, but without the work ethic you hit a pretty low ceiling. Has caught the attention of other clubs who will watch him closely this year.

Walker: Absolute ripper. Absolute steal. You'll see what I mean once he gets going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worpel is in. Only 11 games into his career including 2 finals. He's had a taste and shown some great glimpses. Has what it takes.

Lewis: Everything I'm hearing about this guy (not just from Bigfooty) is that he's got a huge work ethic and his year in the VFL was much more because of that than talent. Not to say he doesn't have talent, he does, but without the work ethic you hit a pretty low ceiling. Has caught the attention of other clubs who will watch him closely this year.

Walker: Absolute ripper. Absolute steal. You'll see what I mean once he gets going.

Walker is one I will watch closely. Sacred numbers aren't given out without good reason, so I believe big things are expected from this young man.

I agree that we seem to have a really strong group of kids with a shot at being good AFL footballers.

For me I'm really excited to see how Scrimshaw fares.

Because he came so cheaply i think its easy to forget that he was GWs #1 pick from his draft year. He's obviously got some things to work hard on but he could legitimately play all 22 games for us next year if he continues to get through his first full pre-season.

Him and Ollie for me.

CJ, Moore, Lewis and Hanrahan are the 4 I'm truly excited to see more of, I think CJ needs a bit more love he will surprise alot of people this year, I see alot of Birchall in him.

How are your predictions going so far? 😊

Dylan Moore played as a small forward instead of wing in the BHH Finals, showed a lot of encouraging form, i mean as a small forward he was close to the player of the finals for BHH, as a winger he is ok, but tends to kick into opponents a lot and doesnt quite feel natural in that position just yet, its definitely his secondary position, so i'd like to see Moore played as a small forward primarily and hopefully in the AFL a few times in 2019

i want to see Teia Miles develop physically, he has the run, energy and footy skills, but having the body of a teenager (22 yrs old)wont cut it in the big league for too long

i'm hoping Mitch Lewis takes another big step in his development to impact games at AFL level or continue his goal kicking form at BHH in 2019

i'm a fan of both Jackson Ross and Harry Jones, but both have a bit of work to do.

out of the 4 youngsters picked in the draft JKos seems the most developed and im keen to see his performances at BHH, Walker seems like a good type (i felt like he was similar to Curtis Taylor, a bit laconic but highly skilled with a much better contested mark and showed an ability to impact the mid with his TAC Cup finals performances), Greaves might be the best of the bunch (he is a tough and hard running defender with a competitive streak) and Golds needs more development but could be a bonus as back up winger

i stand by this position... except maybe i would add CJ as a developing youngster and Hanrahan has surprised me so far playing at AFL level.

I'm keen to see if Dan Howe can find another gear and become that rock solid player that week in week out gives 100% and a known quantity of output, similar to Brad Sewell.
Get to more contest beat his opposition, get ball dish off rinse and repeat.
Not every player can be a star but workhorse's help our stars shine.
happy with my call off the back of the last two weeks.
full preseason next year and who knows what might happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back