Training Developing Guns!

Remove this Banner Ad

StalkingHawk

Team Captain
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm almost more excited to see some of the young guys take big steps forward, then I am about seeing O'Meara, Mitchell and Vickery rip in.

And I'm VERY excited about O'Meara, Mitchell and Vickery!

The big names for me this offseason are:
Burton
Lovell
Glass
Brand
Surman

I'll be hanging on your every word Axeman!

Who are you keen to see develop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Burton
Stewart
Brand
TOB
Lovell

and Vickery - would love to see him

(a) get heaps of time with monkey and;
(b) start to gell with the forwards

JOM and Titch are already guns. How Clarko uses them will be more interesting

If we want to win a 2008 style flag we need some competitive beasts. Think Campbell brown, Ozzie, Bateman, hodge, Lewis types.

If we want to win a 2013-15 style flag then we need to tackle the eternal problems of ruck and midfield.

In the near terms - if one or two of Sicily or obrien or brand can establish themselves as true best 22 (rather than cameos that are 3-4 games apart, or gifted development games) we'll be a much better team.

I really liked what I saw of Lovell and Hardwick. Either of those would be nice.

For me, Burton is a guarantee. You can't talk about JOM and tom without including this guy. Those 3 are leading the new wave.

I want to see Sicily go to the next level and start dominating up front. I want opposition fans to gulp whenever he looks like getting near it.

I want O'Brien to put on some more muscle if possible and get some bloody confidence.

I want Burton to show us more of what he did at the end of last year.

I want Brand to force the club to come begging him to sign a multi-year extension.

I want Stewart and Lovell to grab the opportunities afforded to them with Lewis and Mitchell's departures.

I want Pittonet to start showing that he can be an AFL ruckman.

I want Howe to show more than just potential and give us some comfort that we'll have an enforcer on the halfback line once Hodgey departs.

Not asking much, I know - but even if we get 75% of that it'll be exciting!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lovell and Burton are the two I'm looking at for big improvements this year. We're doing a Geelong and Sydney rebuild, but we've moved quicker and without the assistance of academy pics.

Every time I see this thread title I think it's a discussion about the off-season weights program where everyone will come back sporting a pair of cannons like this:

images

Surman, improving with every game & to be considered for a debut late in the season.
O'rourke, more games & to improve with a new role. Needs to prve his worth.
Glass, to dominate a VFL game & get the supporters excited.
Burton, won't play too many VFL games, if any.
JOM, all eyes will be on him, to play games where we can't take our eyes off him.
2017 rebuild. Bring it on!

O'Rourke for mine. The kid was a pick 2, albeit to a stacked GWS draft. When was the last mistake our list management team made with trading in players?
Also, Hodge and Mitchell at times have said they see a big future for him. So far, he has just looked lost at senior level. Playing on the periphery. He just needs one breakout game, we will be in a great place for years if he reaches his potential. A midfield of O'meara, Mitchell and O'Rourke I hope is the envy of the competition in 2020.

My placings would be Shoemakers and Howe. I see a role for both moving forward. Perhaps Shoe has to move back and own CHB. It's a big year for him. Howe? I'm not sure what to make of him yet, but one thing is clear he is rated by Clarko so that tells me enough. With a midfield of Shiels, Mitchell, O'Meara, Langford, O'Rourke, Lovell ect. it wouldn't hurt to get some height through there as most side have a couple of big bodied mids.

O'Rourke for mine. The kid was a pick 2, albeit to a stacked GWS draft. When was the last mistake our list management team made with trading in players?
Also, Hodge and Mitchell at times have said they see a big future for him. So far, he has just looked lost at senior level. Playing on the periphery. He just needs one breakout game, we will be in a great place for years if he reaches his potential. A midfield of O'meara, Mitchell and O'Rourke I hope is the envy of the competition in 2020.

My placings would be Shoemakers and Howe. I see a role for both moving forward. Perhaps Shoe has to move back and own CHB. It's a big year for him. Howe? I'm not sure what to make of him yet, but one thing is clear he is rated by Clarko so that tells me enough. With a midfield of Shiels, Mitchell, O'Meara, Langford, O'Rourke, Lovell ect. it wouldn't hurt to get some height through there as most side have a couple of big bodied mids.
I disagree about where Schoey plays but I agree it would be nice for him to have one solid injury free year in the Fwd Line to make his mark

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm almost more excited to see some of the young guys take big steps forward, then I am about seeing O'Meara, Mitchell and Vickery rip in.

And I'm VERY excited about O'Meara, Mitchell and Vickery!

The big names for me this offseason are:
Burton
Lovell
Glass
Brand
Surman

I'll be hanging on your every word Axeman!

Who are you keen to see develop?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I look forward to getting down there, checking out the new blood and reporting back. Bring on January 2017!!

I want to see Sicily go to the next level and start dominating up front. I want opposition fans to gulp whenever he looks like getting near it.

When Sic gets a free run at the ball, he's a great overhead mark.

To improve, he needs to:
(1) Bulk up a bit, so he doesn't get pushed off the ball so easily, and,
(2) Keep his feet in the marking contest. If he doesn't mark it, he always seems to end up on the ground and the defender runs away

Remove this Banner Ad

Back