Recommitted Deven Robertson [OOC 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that was before luring Dunkley?

But thanks. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Dunkley stuff doesn’t change their view on Robertson.
theres another article saying the same thing since the dunkley news has come out

Read Here

im hopeful this means that the club intends to have him in the starting best 22 next year

He’s got the right to say whatever he wants. I’m just trying to separate opinion from speculation from fact. This thread was started because of reports that west coast were interested.

West coast are interested in everybody mate, I bet they’d love Christian Petracca too so let’s start a thread for him

West coast are interested in everybody mate, I bet they’d love Christian Petracca too so let’s start a thread for him

I haven’t seen any media reports about our interest in Petracca. Probably best to limit threads to where there is reported interest in players.

West Coast would have kept tabs on him since he was drafted. Whether the interest in a trade is real or not - now is the time to strike.

*West Coast's midfield is puss - old, slow, weak in the contest, and stale. They have trade capital. They need young quality mids.

*Brisbane have a stacked midfield that appears to be even more stacked in 2023. Need pic/points, and will need to give up more than McStay to make Dunkley/Ashcroft/Fletcher happen.

*Robertson has been playing well at VFL level, and has started to show he is a midfielder of the future at AFL level. Young, loves the contest, but has been starved of opportunity. Just happens to be a WA lad with good junior pedigree.

I don't think the pick/s matter at all - if West Coast can make a deal work that gives Brisbane the points they need to get the holy trinity mentioned above - Brisbane will look at it seriously. I personally feel it's the best outcome for both clubs and the player.

This idea that Brisbane’s midfield is stacked is a giant fallacy.

Our biggest weakness by far.

We’ve got big plans for Dev and the fact he broke into our finals team proves that. Hopefully he sees a role there especially with us needing to replace the likes of Lyons, Zorko, Robinson, Mathieson.

We’ve got big plans for Dev and the fact he broke into our finals team proves that. Hopefully he sees a role there especially with us needing to replace the likes of Lyons, Zorko, Robinson, Mathieson.

Compared to the Eagles the Lions midfield is stacked. ;) :$

Lions do need better runners / two way runners.

They will add Ashcroft, Fletcher, Dunkley and then another Ashcroft in 2024. That is looking pretty stacked.

Last edited:
Compared to the Eagles the Lions midfield is stacked. ;) :$

Lions do need better runners / two way runners.

They will add Ashcroft, Fletcher, Dunckley and then another Ashcroft in 2024. That is looking pretty stacked.
Look, I wouldn't blame him if we wanted greater opportunities and the Eagles would obviously be the best fit.

The Lions' fans have been furious he hasn't been played more regularly this year, especially as Lyons has been cut down with OP and Robinson was clearly past his best. It only took 20 odd rounds but at least Fagan came around to making changes and playing Dev in three finals is a big show of faith.

I think the idea we would simply cut him loose, or give him up cheaply will be shown to be false. However we are all nobodies on here and have no sway in list management, despite what some people believe.

Half way through the year I would have said he is a big chance to go, but now that he broke into our team and played in a couple of big finals wins I would say the club will do all they can to hold on to him.

I think Robertson would be an outstanding player for Eagles to target. I'm a big fan and he's exactly what West Coast need.

Hell, if he's gettable, hope Freo are interested.

With the situation at Brisbane, I think if Eagles offer pick 20 (912 points) It would be hard for them to refuse.

I haven’t seen any media reports about our interest in Petracca. Probably best to limit threads to where there is reported interest in players.
If you create a thread on here I guarantee you at least 3 journos with 'inside sources' will publish articles about it the next day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as the player is out of contract this year or next it’s fine to make a speculation thread for them. We only require a blue tick source to justify threads for players with longer to run on their contracts.

Agree with this. Zorko on last legs, Lyons getting older and Robinson gone gives Dev a role even with Dunkley coming in. Have heard he's keen to come home to WA at some point though(along with Prior), but you pretty much assume that is the case for any WA player who goes interstate now.

Or maybe you have NFI? If he’s rated and contracted, fine, he can stay where he is. But he’s been on the list for 3 years and done nothing to enhance his rating since being drafted at 22. And he’s been behind even Mathieson and Robinson at the Lions. Projects to be a player like Mark Hutchings, and that’s not worth a second rounder.
Dudes just 3 years into his career and and in and out of a side that regularly finished near the top of the ladder as well as playing every final this year

I can't see how he's lost any value since being drafted, especially considering he is contracted.

Brisbane would be stupid not to just hold on to him if all that's on offer us a 3rd rounder.

Agree with this. Zorko on last legs, Lyons getting older and Robinson gone gives Dev a role even with Dunkley coming in. Have heard he's keen to come home to WA at some point though(along with Prior), but you pretty much assume that is the case for any WA player who goes interstate now.
Where?

Young WA mid who is a cusp best 22 player at a good side, of course we are interested.

The real question is whether he'd rather return to WA and basically be guaranteed 22 games next year in a poor side or try and retain his spot as he did in the finals. For all I know he might be keen to re-sign in Brisbane today. His value is probably higher now than it would be this time next year even if he plays every game and is out of contract.

I imagine if a trade does get done it would involve multiple picks for points value (Ashcroft) than haggling over whether the player is worth pick 10 or 20 or 100. We also love boring pick trades so not would be surprised at all to see us trade some combination of assets to Brisbane then live trade with them again during the draft.

I don't think there's a chance of it but if Brisbane can get hold of West Coast's pick #2 and then convince North to drop back from #1 to #2 they can pick up the two top players in the draft.

Matching a bid on #2 instead of #1 saves about pick #43 worth of points - so take that off the cost, but getting two top five players instead of just one is way better.

West Coast would have kept tabs on him since he was drafted. Whether the interest in a trade is real or not - now is the time to strike.

*West Coast's midfield is puss - old, slow, weak in the contest, and stale. They have trade capital. They need young quality mids.

*Brisbane have a stacked midfield that appears to be even more stacked in 2023. Need pic/points, and will need to give up more than McStay to make Dunkley/Ashcroft/Fletcher happen.

*Robertson has been playing well at VFL level, and has started to show he is a midfielder of the future at AFL level. Young, loves the contest, but has been starved of opportunity. Just happens to be a WA lad with good junior pedigree.

I don't think the pick/s matter at all - if West Coast can make a deal work that gives Brisbane the points they need to get the holy trinity mentioned above - Brisbane will look at it seriously. I personally feel it's the best outcome for both clubs and the player.

Just take Lyons then. Proven at the level and now playing VFL behind Dev and even Maffo.

Actually why not just take Maffo…..please.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just take Lyons then. Proven at the level and now playing VFL behind Dev and even Maffo.

Actually why not just take Maffo…..please.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You and every other Lions fan knows why Lyons isnt an option.

Matherson actually has been discussed as an option. Mainly as a clubman who builds culture and can fill a need. The DH arlarm is going off a tad with him though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back