Recommitted Deven Robertson [OOC 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t see why Brisbane would want him, couldn’t get a game this year and will be behind Ashcroft and Dunkley as well next year.
We reset our midfield late in the season and Dev was in the starting 22 for all 3 finals games and performed quite well, IMO he is best 22 in 2023 even with Dunkley and Ashcroft coming in.

Reckon p26 gets this done.
P20 a tad high but maybe could be plausible if brissy throw in a 3rd rounder

Would slot straight into west coast 1st midfield rotation.

Tho given that same midfield polled a total of 4 votes for the year an accomplished wafl player could probably do the same

Mid year I would have thought he might request a trade away. Wasn’t getting continuity and young guys do get itchy feet when they aren’t getting regular games.

Now, having played a role in the finals series that would suggest he’s just as much in Brisbanes plans too. So would seem hard to poach him now.

Really like him so keen to see him do well.

We reset our midfield late in the season and Dev was in the starting 22 for all 3 finals games and performed quite well, IMO he is best 22 in 2023 even with Dunkley and Ashcroft coming in.
Neale, Dunkley, Rayner, Bailey, Berry, Mcgluggage and Ashcroft all needing mid time.

Robertson seems to be a bit of a crab anywhere but inside mid, I just don’t see him getting the opportunities to play enough time there.

Would vomit at pick 26, he’s at best pick 38 worthy.

Neale, Dunkley, Rayner, Bailey, Berry, Mcgluggage and Ashcroft all needing mid time.

Robertson seems to be a bit of a crab anywhere but inside mid, I just don’t see him getting the opportunities to play enough time there.

Would vomit at pick 26, he’s at best pick 38 worthy.
2023 midfield IMO >

Oscar McInerney, Lachie Neale, Josh Dunkley.
Hugh McCluggage, Jarrod Berry, Callum Ah Chee.

Rotating off the bench- Will Ashcroft, Dev Robertson, Zac Bailey.

Lyons and Mathieson depth only, McStay leaves we play smaller forward and Rayner plays more as a 3rd tall. Neale/Dunkley the 2 inside main men with Robertson providing relief.

Don’t see why Brisbane would want him, couldn’t get a game this year and will be behind Ashcroft and Dunkley as well next year.

Until the end of the year where they selected him over Jarryd Lyons in the some key finals where he performed well...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he played well in the first final against Richmond then was, ordinary in the next two.

He'll probably be first out with Dunkley and Ashcroft to come in.
He was okay vs Melbourne. Oliver was too much for him too soon but 7 tackles and lots of pressure acts. That's the type of performance to suggest he'll be a nightmare match up when he's 25. He's got a brilliant grounding as a defense first inside mid, the likes of which have thrived in Freo and Geelong.

There seems to be some confusion regarding his contract status.

This says he's out of contract.

As you'd undoubtedly know, most Vic journos know jack s**t about clubs outside Victoria but try to pretend otherwise. I'm surprised he even knows who he is. He's clearly just gone to Footywire to find out. He's contracted for next season.

He performed fine, outside of the midfield he is a bit of a liability.

I don’t think he’s an AFL level player unless he’s getting 70%+ inside, can he do that at the Lions next year and beyond?

Doubt it.

I don't see why not. I think Berry will be released to be more offensive, keep Dev as your defensive lynch pin which he did successfully in that first final. Geelong are having plenty of success rotating 10 guys through the midfield a game. I don't see why that wouldn't be manageable at Brisbane. He's only 21, no reason to think he won't develop more from here, which is the exact reason other teams are interested in him.

He was okay vs Melbourne. Oliver was too much for him too soon but 7 tackles and lots of pressure acts. That's the type of performance to suggest he'll be a nightmare match up when he's 25. He's got a brilliant grounding as a defense first inside mid, the likes of which have thrived in Freo and Geelong.
There's no doubt he has a dip.

I just think he's poorly skilled.
Will watch with interest next year.

My favourite is watching West Coast supporters in this thread trying to talk him down but in the same breath saying they want him lol.

The kid has his deficiencies like any 20 year old player does, but he’s also got a few weapons.

I once met him at a party and told him I had him in Supercoach and he told me to trade him out. Not sure you want a player with that little confidence in himself. That's all I have to add.

Did you ever stop to consider that it was because you'd lost your players and he didn't respect you? I've been saying it for years, JyeDye is Carlton Mark Neeld.

My favourite Dev moment was him handballing into space for Cameron to run into and goal.

Good spatial awareness that. Also, just get the ball to the most dangerous small fwd in the comp - smart.

My favourite Dev moment was him handballing into space for Cameron to run into and goal.

Good spatial awareness that. Also, just get the ball to the most dangerous small fwd in the comp - smart.
So why do you want him?

Is he really worth anything more than anyone on these trades?

Lipinski for 43
Jordan Clark and future 4th for 22 and future 3rd
Jye Caldwell, 44 and 74 for 29 and future 2nd (values him at around pick 28-32)

38 seems about right or maybe a little under, but I don't see him as a better player than Lipinski at the time of his trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back