Recommitted Deven Robertson [OOC 2023]

If it’s a trade to West Coast, then pick 20 is overs, pick 38 is unders.

Pick 26 is overs?

Unless we get a deal that is in our favour we will likely keep him to his contract I would have though

What would your opinion of a deal in your favour be?

See as though we are in the window and he played a decent finals series - there wouldn’t be one. I’d just keep him to his contract.

Fair enough, I can’t really understand that view though. If I was the lions, I’d definitely accept pick 2 if he requested a trade.

I’d want pick 2 plus eagles first rounder next year. If we are doing crazy hypotheticals.

Deepthroat

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2002
Keilor East
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast
I reckon it's going to be pretty hard to get him out of Brisbane after this finals series.

He will improve again next year.

I'd throw 20 at him no worries. If there was some chance he could be traded. I really like his application to the job.

Tugga27

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I reckon it's going to be pretty hard to get him out of Brisbane after this finals series.

He will improve again next year.

I'd throw 20 at him no worries. If there was some chance he could be traded. I really like his application to the job.
Pick 20 for a player who couldn't get a regular game in front of Rhys Mathieson and Mitch Robinson.

Hell, why not offer them our pick 2.

Aug 31, 2011
Bris
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
459facd78b9dbaf6122bdf065188fec7.jpg

When did he sign a contract extension?

The most recent contract news I can find is here:
West Australian duo recommit to the Lions - Brisbane Lions

Which says he signed until 2022 - which is what FootyWire has as well.

But then there's trade news reports (SEN, AFL.com.au) that state he's attracting interest from rival clubs because he's been in and out of the side, and is "contracted for 2023".

Which is it? Was there a trigger for an extra year or something?

Has he come out and said something? Because otherwise I’m not sure that you could conclude that it’s no chance, unless you are sharing your opinion of the approach you hope your club takes.

I feel like in these circumstances the onus is on you to provide something which indicates he is open to a move. Otherwise you could make these threads for a lot of players in the AFL

When did he sign a contract extension?

The most recent contract news I can find is here:
West Australian duo recommit to the Lions - Brisbane Lions

Which says he signed until 2022 - which is what FootyWire has as well.

But then there's trade news reports (SEN, AFL.com.au) that state he's attracting interest from rival clubs because he's been in and out of the side, and is "contracted for 2023".

Which is it? Was there a trigger for an extra year or something?

Emerging Brisbane Lions on-baller Deven Robertson is out of contract at the end of next season, not this year, as many people believed.
The Lions announced in November 2020 that Robertson, along with teammate Jaxon Prior, had signed a one-year extension to tie them to the club through 2022.
But Robertson, who captained Western Australia at under-18 level, actually committed at the time for two more seasons rather than one.
The No. 22 pick in the 2019 draft has appeared only three times at senior level this year between injury and form but is considered an important part of Brisbane’s future.

Back