Traded Devon Smith [traded to Essendon]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Or a Hunter Clark or Constable.

For them, Pick 11 was perfect to land a bigger midfielder they actually need to complement their very good youth core.

They're rushing imo.
I love it when people pretend that they can predict the future. So you've read a couple of report son the under 18's! Good on you!

Haha OVERS.

GWS jumped at that deal.

Dodoro caved in. ROFL.

I think it's been widely reported and agreed on that both clubs were the winners out of this deal.
To then try and troll Essendon supporters over something that essentially was good business shows a real lack of understanding about how all this works.
You won't find an Essendon supporter shitty with this deal and you won't find a GWS one either.

Keep digging up to get out of that hole.

I reckon Essendon will regret this in time.

Bonar or Brayshaw would of been perfect for their midfield.

Instead they got another half forward, which they havean abundance of.
hmm, are there no tall mids in next years draft? Didn't realise it was this year or bust

Don't really mind if we can' get Stinger. Hasn't been in the best of form lately, plays selfish football and goes missing in games most often. Bulldogs refuse to deal with picks in 20's. Thought Dodoro was tight during draft week but Jason McCartney from Bulldogs surely takes the chocolates. One of the picks in the 0's should get the Saad deal done and if Bulldogs continue to play hardball we can just keep the other 20's pick. Bulldogs at the end of the day can keep Stringer and look like complete idiots for putting him up for trade and then demanding first round pick.

Think the Crows are the only team to have gone even or lost in a trade with GWS so far (2nd rounder for Hampton).

I don’t know... I would have thought the Luke Brown and Brad Crouch for Liam Sumner and part of Lachie Plowman/Aidan Corr would be considered to have come out slightly in Adelaide’s favour.

Don't really mind if we can' get Stinger. Hasn't been in the best of form lately, plays selfish football and goes missing in games most often. Bulldogs refuse to deal with picks in 20's. Thought Dodoro was tight during draft week but Jason McCartney from Bulldogs surely takes the chocolates. One of the picks in the 0's should get the Saad deal done and if Bulldogs continue to play hardball we can just keep the other 20's pick. Bulldogs at the end of the day can keep Stringer and look like complete idiots for putting him up for trade and then demanding first round pick.

Hmmm Dodoro wants to win trade week he's not going to leave with out getting all 3 targets.

I don’t know... I would have thought the Luke Brown and Brad Crouch for Liam Sumner and part of Lachie Plowman/Aidan Corr would be considered to have come out slightly in Adelaide’s favour.

Not saying we didn’t win that one. Im being a bit over dramatic for effect but I was just saying I think we are one of the few teams to pay fair value for outgoing GWS players.

So if the ladder was to remain the same next year we've essentially traded in Devon Smith for the points of a pick in the 70's.

That can't be right.

So if the ladder was to remain the same next year we've essentially traded in Devon Smith for the points of a pick in the 70's.

That can't be right.
It probably is in terms of points because the points don't deal well with an uneven number of assets changing hands. Two for two is generally fairly correct for what clubs would trade, but three for two (like here) or more can end up pretty silly with late picks overvalued.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would it be if we were to finish last and GWS finish first? Ie worst possible scenario
Would value him at roughly pick 35.

Ess in : Second Round Pick 24 (2017), Second Round Pick 36 (2018) - 1287 Points
GWS in First Round Pick 11 (2017), Third Round Pick 37 (2018) - 1812 points

Values Smith at 525 points or equivalent of pick 35

FWIW both Dodoro and Worsfold have already indicated that they see him as predominantly a midfielder who will have stints up forward rather than the other way around.

No surprises really. GWS have a lack of small forwards and a wealth of midfield talent whereas we are more the other way around.

I think we will improve considerably just by getting some more good players into our team. I understand the argument about not addressing our biggest weakness but as in most sports - its far easier to deal with one weakness than it is a whole bunch of weaknesses.

Pressure is what you need and dodgy knee Smith won’t help, you should have gone after Rockcliff

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It probably is in terms of points because the points don't deal well with an uneven number of assets changing hands. Two for two is generally fairly correct for what clubs would trade, but three for two (like here) or more can end up pretty silly with late picks overvalued.
Yeah fair enough, I don't really pay any attention the the points system so wasn't sure if that sounded plausible.

Trolling a bloke over his injury.

Bulldogs fans staying classy in their race to the bottom.

Seriously mate get over this trolling crap. If you haven’t realised he had bad knees then you haven’t followed his career very closely. Doesn’t mean they can’t get better just that it’s a risk and Etihad won’t help.

Seriously mate get over this trolling crap. If you haven’t realised he had bad knees then you haven’t followed his career very closely. Doesn’t mean they can’t get better just that it’s a risk and Etihad won’t help.

Well if you weren't trolling a player by referencing his injury history I wouldn't call you out on it.

If that upsets you then I'd suggest not trolling in the first place. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back