Elmer_Judd

#InBielsaWeTrust #MOT
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Premiers 8 PM on Paramount here.

Thank **** they killed off the annoying Deborah in the final season.

Elmer_Judd

#InBielsaWeTrust #MOT
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yet you are still watching the block.
Meh, The Block is not my cup of tea, but who am I to judge. I am a massive fan of The Muppets and other guilty pleasure shows like Riverdale.

The Block is one of commercial Aussie Free to Air TV'S most highest and successful programs, so it must be doing something right.

Elmer_Judd

#InBielsaWeTrust #MOT
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
It felt fresh, vibrant (with a whole environment and cast of characters for Dex to bounce off of) but yeah, very good pilot

vast

Hall of Famer
Sep 29, 2005
Nowhere
AFL Club
Essendon
I really enjoyed that ep. It felt familiar but then also very new as Dexter in is a completely different stage of life. Somehow after 8 seasons he is still fascinating to watch.

Also noticed they put a lot of effort into the cinematography that ep. Was really well shot.

Last edited:

drd23

Hall of Famer
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Thought the first episode was okay. Things felt a bit rushed, and they really hit the viewers over the head with "this guy is an entitled asshole" examples basically every time they showed that "Matt" guy. That said, it was beautifully shot and it was good to have Dexter back

I also couldn't shake the feeling that this Harrison that appeared is too old, but I can't decide if that's because the actor is clearly not a teenager, or if its just because I'm misremembering events from the original show (i.e. that he wasn't 3 or 4 years old at the end and was actually closer to being 8 or 9)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elmer_Judd

#InBielsaWeTrust #MOT
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
No she doesn’t haha 😀 the cop lady is ******* hot.
Agree, Deborah looks like a horse, this cop lassie (Angela) has stunning native American features.

Hard to believe Julia Jones (the actor who plays her) is 40.
Unfortunatelyi feel like something bad is going to happen to the character down the track 😢😢😢

DEVO

Debbie Harry's Love Child
Sep 8, 2000
Canberra, ACT, Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Parramatta, Carlisle, Ross County
Agree, Deborah looks like a horse, this cop lassie (Angela) has stunning native American features.

Hard to believe Julia Jones (the actor who plays her) is 40.
Unfortunatelyi feel like something bad is going to happen to the character down the track 😢😢😢
Julia is part Native American, Choctaw and Chickasaw. She appeared in Longmire as a young Native American rape victim, around 20 years old, when in real life she was 34! I didn't pick it at all until I was looking up Longmire on imdb.

I loved the original series, although it ended poorly, but I'll have to give this a go.

Last edited:

apollo_creed

Hall of Famer
Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
The first episode was great.
as for previous seasons - 1-4 were all brilliant. 5 and 6 were good to passable but offering signs of what was to come. 7 and 8 were what was to come. Show went over the top and things just got out of hand from a writing standpoint.
can’t wait for the rest of the season.

Tackle Bag

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Enjoyed the episode but felt his actions were more reckless and less thought through than used to be the case. I guess the writers are covering a lot of ground in ep 1. Great to have this show back

apollo_creed

Hall of Famer
Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
Enjoyed the episode but felt his actions were more reckless and less thought through than used to be the case. I guess the writers are covering a lot of ground in ep 1. Great to have this show back
Compared to the last few seasons it was meticulous 😆. And the crime was impulsive as opposed to calculated so there was no planning anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad