Hall of Famer
Feb 28, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens, Atletico
Its there for me. Not sure why it'd be any different for others 🤷‍♂️

dexter.png

(I also have nfi why the thumbnail is of Dexter, Rita and her kids)

Carbine Chaos

See my Chess
Apr 1, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Everton
The pilot was pretty good. Some things worked really well - the whole town aesthetic is cool and the snowy element is fresh for the show. His cop partner seems good.

Some things didn't. Deb as the dark passenger was really weirdly done. I guess I liked the bullet part, but outside of that it didn't feel as natural as Harry. I hope that aspect improves. It just didn't feel like Deb at all, which was a shame.

Oh, and...
Why didn't Dexter seem more concerned about how Harrison knew where to find him? I guess Dex will find out more about this next episode?

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Been ok so far. I miss the Miami scenery and Dexter's waterfront apartment but the snowy setting is starting to grow on me.

Not really digging the scenes with Deb so far. Maybe if she was a bit more measured instead of being so maniacal. As it is I'm finding them a bit cringeworthy.

Nice ending to Ep2, that final shot felt like vintage Dexter.

torq

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hmmm... watchable but the same old one-dimensional characters for mine.

In the first few seasons of Dexter there was some plausibility that a Miami metro police forensic expert with access to homicide investigation files could identify killers and satisfy his own blood lust. Now he's living in a small town with a motel creep serial killer that the cops will be clueless about but he'll no doubt find and kill. Sticking with it but the writing is a bit lazy and obvious.

apollo_creed

Hall of Famer
Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tottenham
Disagree with the sentiment expressed above. Season is slowly developing and focussing on introducing the new characters. Have found it captivating thus far. Way better than Seasons 5-8 of the show and the outlandish plots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ep2018

Bigfooty Pessimist
Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
rofl with that famous true crime podcaster in town I bet you anything Dexter is interviewed at some point and someone who follows down at Miami metro PD (probably the pervert Asian bloke, I forget his name, he seems the type to follow a podcast) will recognise him.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hmm, things getting intriguing with that ending.

Harrison is actually becoming a pretty interesting character. Panning out better than I expected when he first showed up.

BlakeyNoFlakey

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
To me, there were a couple of plot missteps in this ep. I knew who that guy who shot the girl was right away, and the ending confirmed it IMO. Apart from that, I liked Harrison's development, and it made him more interesting. The billionaire is a red herring in regards to who the other serial killer is living there. That whole scene with the broken-down car is a smokescreen. But overall, the show is traveling along nicely.

ep2018

Bigfooty Pessimist
Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
To me, there were a couple of plot missteps in this ep. I knew who that guy who shot the girl was right away, and the ending confirmed it IMO. Apart from that, I liked Harrison's development, and it made him more interesting. The billionaire is a red herring in regards to who the other serial killer is living there. That whole scene with the broken-down car is a smokescreen. But overall, the show is traveling along nicely.
Well I mean you don't cast Clancy Brown and not expect him to be anything but the big bad. The bloke has been the villian in almost everything he has ever been in.

ep2018

Bigfooty Pessimist
Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Apparently John Lithgow is in a couple of episodes. He played Trinity in the fourth season. I wonder if he takes over from ghost Deb for a bit.

vast

Hall of Famer
Sep 29, 2005
Nowhere
AFL Club
Essendon
They even have Clancy Brown in the mask. I recognised the first time they showed the killer.

BlakeyNoFlakey

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
They even have Clancy Brown in the mask. I recognised the first time they showed the killer.
Yes, even in a mask he was recognizable. Brown has a unique shape to his head. But I thought they could've shot that better to keep the mystery alive about the identity until Dexter realizes the truth (once he knows we should know).

vast

Hall of Famer
Sep 29, 2005
Nowhere
AFL Club
Essendon
Yes, even in a mask he was recognizable. Brown has a unique shape to his head. But I thought they could've shot that better to keep the mystery alive about the identity until Dexter realizes the truth (once he knows we should know).
Unless its a intentional misdirect but who knows. It doesnt feel like much of a mystery anyway as I think 99% of people assumed he would be the villian anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad