FTA-TV Dexter: New Blood (Season 9)

Remove this Banner Ad

The pilot was pretty good. Some things worked really well - the whole town aesthetic is cool and the snowy element is fresh for the show. His cop partner seems good.

Some things didn't. Deb as the dark passenger was really weirdly done. I guess I liked the bullet part, but outside of that it didn't feel as natural as Harry. I hope that aspect improves. It just didn't feel like Deb at all, which was a shame.

Oh, and...
Why didn't Dexter seem more concerned about how Harrison knew where to find him? I guess Dex will find out more about this next episode?

Been ok so far. I miss the Miami scenery and Dexter's waterfront apartment but the snowy setting is starting to grow on me.

Not really digging the scenes with Deb so far. Maybe if she was a bit more measured instead of being so maniacal. As it is I'm finding them a bit cringeworthy.

Nice ending to Ep2, that final shot felt like vintage Dexter.

Hmmm... watchable but the same old one-dimensional characters for mine.

In the first few seasons of Dexter there was some plausibility that a Miami metro police forensic expert with access to homicide investigation files could identify killers and satisfy his own blood lust. Now he's living in a small town with a motel creep serial killer that the cops will be clueless about but he'll no doubt find and kill. Sticking with it but the writing is a bit lazy and obvious.

Loved the second episode, thought it was excellent.

Surprised by how much I like Harrison thus far. They got the casting spot on, he looks and acts just like I can imagine Dexter's son would have.

Excited to see where it goes from here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rofl with that famous true crime podcaster in town I bet you anything Dexter is interviewed at some point and someone who follows down at Miami metro PD (probably the pervert Asian bloke, I forget his name, he seems the type to follow a podcast) will recognise him.

Masuka

Hmm, things getting intriguing with that ending.

Harrison is actually becoming a pretty interesting character. Panning out better than I expected when he first showed up.

To me, there were a couple of plot missteps in this ep. I knew who that guy who shot the girl was right away, and the ending confirmed it IMO. Apart from that, I liked Harrison's development, and it made him more interesting. The billionaire is a red herring in regards to who the other serial killer is living there. That whole scene with the broken-down car is a smokescreen. But overall, the show is traveling along nicely.

To me, there were a couple of plot missteps in this ep. I knew who that guy who shot the girl was right away, and the ending confirmed it IMO. Apart from that, I liked Harrison's development, and it made him more interesting. The billionaire is a red herring in regards to who the other serial killer is living there. That whole scene with the broken-down car is a smokescreen. But overall, the show is traveling along nicely.
Well I mean you don't cast Clancy Brown and not expect him to be anything but the big bad. The bloke has been the villian in almost everything he has ever been in.

They even have Clancy Brown in the mask. I recognised the first time they showed the killer.

They even have Clancy Brown in the mask. I recognised the first time they showed the killer.
Yes, even in a mask he was recognizable. Brown has a unique shape to his head. But I thought they could've shot that better to keep the mystery alive about the identity until Dexter realizes the truth (once he knows we should know).

Yes, even in a mask he was recognizable. Brown has a unique shape to his head. But I thought they could've shot that better to keep the mystery alive about the identity until Dexter realizes the truth (once he knows we should know).

Unless its a intentional misdirect but who knows. It doesnt feel like much of a mystery anyway as I think 99% of people assumed he would be the villian anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back