FTA-TV Dexter: New Blood (Season 9)

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
To me, there were a couple of plot missteps in this ep. I knew who that guy who shot the girl was right away, and the ending confirmed it IMO. Apart from that, I liked Harrison's development, and it made him more interesting. The billionaire is a red herring in regards to who the other serial killer is living there. That whole scene with the broken-down car is a smokescreen. But overall, the show is traveling along nicely.
The dude looks bigger than the Billionaire but initially I was going in that direction and the bit at the end did try and hint at it. I must admit E2 I did think it was him and parts of Episode 3 but it's hard to ignore the size of the killer compared to the billionaire.

Reading on here it seems like most have come to the conclusion that it is Clancy Brown and the analysis is fairly compelling. It does seem like you say that the billionaire is a plot misdirect but he's definitely solely not in the show for that purpose. If I was to guess I'd say he's the Police Chief Daughter's real father. I can't see any other purpose for him otherwise. He has already had two interactions, solely with her and does seem to look at her with a reserved affection which I first interpreted as a murderous glint.

Only other scenario is the the two old dudes are working together but that would be dumb. (as in right out of Season 7 and 8 of Dexter)

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I had no idea who the masked man was til this thread. :(
Well no one knows apart from looking at the eye colour and looking at head shape and body shape.
Body shape in cold weather can be deceptive as people layer up but the Big Footy analysts have convinced me.

Would explain the ending and the claim he made to Dexter about the phone call. Well not so much explain it as it's totally confusing but does confirm that he's odd.

Also Harrison does appear to have a dark passenger or at best Dexter's temper. The interaction with the jocks did seem to suggest this but the nerds drawings were definitely a red flag which became more of an issue.

The other unknown is how much did Hannah tell Harrison about Dexter. She very well could've told him everything, as she wasn't all that normal herself.
All to be revealed I guess...

Other thing was the top 5 serial killer discussion Harrison and the chick had - Bay Harbour Butcher is definitely going to be in her top 5 (and/or his).

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
. It does seem like you say that the billionaire is a plot misdirect but he's definitely solely not in the show for that purpose. If I was to guess I'd say he's the Police Chief Daughter's real father. I can't see any other purpose for him otherwise. He has already had two interactions, solely with her and does seem to look at her with a reserved affection which I first interpreted as a murderous glint.
I think you're onto something there.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Really, really good point I read on Reddit about the motivations for the dad pretending to have had a call from his son ..
getting close to where he hides the bodies in the woods/where he kills. Pretend I spoke to my son.. search called off.
Reckon that’s pretty solid. Was trying to think why would one pretend, didn’t really make sense. That does.

Sep 16, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Really, really good point I read on Reddit about the motivations for the dad pretending to have had a call from his son ..
getting close to where he hides the bodies in the woods/where he kills. Pretend I spoke to my son.. search called off.
Reckon that’s pretty solid. Was trying to think why would one pretend, didn’t really make sense. That does.
Either that, or Harrison already knows the truth about his dad via his step mother and convinced a drunkard that his son was alive to protect his father.

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Would this be considered ice noir?
It's a better setting imo but that is just my personal taste.

I like the episode title appearing in an opening scene. More shows should do this

Deb is doing a good job as his inner voice, she sounds suitably demented for a mentally ill person.

Disappointed to hear that Heather didn't have a happy ending.

Would this be considered ice noir?
It's a better setting imo but that is just my personal taste.

I like the episode title appearing in an opening scene. More shows should do this

Deb is doing a good job as his inner voice, she sounds suitably demented for a mentally ill person.

Disappointed to hear that Heather didn't have a happy ending.
I think you mean Hannah? Yeah me too, I was looking forward to seeing her back. Im hoping Harrison is lying about her death.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
So is this actually any good? Very hesitant to bother considering how the original series ended.

I've enjoyed it so far. Not as good as S1-S4 of course, but not much tv is.

I'm finding myself looking forward to watching the new eps the minute they drop, so that's always a good sign.

I've enjoyed it so far. Not as good as S1-S4 of course, but not much tv is.

I'm finding myself looking forward to watching the new eps the minute they drop, so that's always a good sign.

Its too early to say really but I think if not far off the first 4 seasons. The most surprising thing is that Harrison is actually a good character and the actor is really working well with MCH. I can see why they chose him and that even if he is a bit older then he should be its been a good casting so far.

Well I didnt see that coming. Not this soon anyway. When deb asked "do you?" After dexter said he hopes Harrison doesnt have a dark passenger was a good little hint at his smile at the end.

My only issue was about the podcaster saying she was super thorough yet she didnt recognise the husband of trinitys final victim. Im being nitpicky but it feels like something she would know if she was. Not sure how I feel about her character in general but i dont mind the idea of a true crime podcaster being in the show. She gives off the same vibe as trinitys illegitimate daughter.

Back