FTA-TV Dexter: New Blood (Season 9)

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Good episode but Dexter girlfriend honing in on him and he did not kill Kirk so a lot of loose ends right now so anything could happen next.
Feels like it getting down to last few episodes.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Yeah, a bit of an anticlimax after the great episode last week. But at least Dexter has come clean with Harrison now. The cop putting it all together will unmask Dexter as the Bay Harbor Butcher. The only conclusion I can see for Dexter in this show is death, and the new blood will be Harrison taking his place.

A long time lover of Dexter from way back... until the show changed writers following the epic Trinity killer season and it went to s**t with that horrible ending only rivaling Game of Thrones in terms of worst series endings.

But I must say I have fallen back in love with the show as this new season has very much revived the old "Dexter feel" about it. Absolutely brilliant! Actually loving it to the point where I will be super sad if the finale is Dexter getting killed etc.

The writing has been brilliant so far, not sure if any of the original team are involved, but it's top notch. Only thing that I still scratch my head over was the Billionaire mogul who appeared in the early eps and was made out to be the antagonist, but was obviously just a red herring. Seemed pretty redundant even have that character written in when he has seemingly disappeared since it was revealed Kurt was the baddie.

I must say, for this most recent ep where they spent a bulk of it showing Kurt growing a bond with Harrison, for one moment I thought they may have headed in the direction of having him deliberately forming a "father/son" bond to truly get back at Dexter - something which would cut him to the core emotionally and deliberately bring out Dex's Dark Passenger to give Kurt an alibi to kill him in self-defence - or even more twisted; gain the trust of Harrison, get Dexter to show his true colours and then have Harrison turn against his Dad, inadvertently have him stand in as somewhat of a human shield between Kurt and Dexter who may get caught in the crossfire.

Regardless, all signs are pointing to Dexter being caught with Angela now drawing the lines between the BHB victims bodies all containing Ketamine - the same substance found in the dead body of the drug manufacturer, and what Dex uses to drug his victims. Can see Dexter guiding Harrison to kill Kurt as his first victim, thereby passing the torch, and Dexter takes the fall (no doubt as Angela walks in on them just after the knife is plunged in).

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Can see Dexter guiding Harrison to kill Kurt as his first victim, thereby passing the torch, and Dexter takes the fall (no doubt as Angela walks in on them just after the knife is plunged in).
Just watched second last episode and nope.
However she is onto him killing Matt Caldwell and suspecting he probably BHB and just where Molly is will have her wondering if Jim/Dexter killed her too as Molly nowhere to be found but she got some device of Molly's before Molly went missing.

Jim/Dexter is in her house right now at end of this episode so the s**t going to hit fan in last episode but confronting him right now is not ideal...

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I was feeling as though Harrison might not be onboard with the killing and turn on dexter somehow but it didnt happen.
Certainly seemed a tone of Harrison may not deal with similar issues with same feeling as Dexter but maybe that just a perception as viewer we projecting rather than how it portrayed. Could be bit of both. Next episode will reveal whether more alike or a divergence of how to deal with their respective Dark passengers.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I never seen it as ghost deb. I thought it just meant to be an aspect of Dexter own conscience but with the flavour of his sisters influence on way he thinks of his family related world so for viewer sake it has Deb be the personality of that part of his conscience.

The writing has been brilliant so far, not sure if any of the original team are involved, but it's top notch. Only thing that I still scratch my head over was the Billionaire mogul who appeared in the early eps and was made out to be the antagonist, but was obviously just a red herring. Seemed pretty redundant even have that character written in when he has seemingly disappeared since it was revealed Kurt was the baddie.

Regardless, all signs are pointing to Dexter being caught with Angela now drawing the lines between the BHB victims bodies all containing Ketamine - the same substance found in the dead body of the drug manufacturer, and what Dex uses to drug his victims.
Loving the new series too, but these are my two queries at the moment. The billionaire seems very random in hindsight, it's like that conflict was just dropped completely/a fairly lazy red herring.

The second is that Dexter never used Ketamine in Miami, but another drug (looked it up, M99/Etorphine). Not sure if this is a goof or whatever. That would have been a simple one to avoid too, just have Angela Google 'Bay Harbour Butcher + needle marks' instead.

Apr 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really enjoying the series so far, to the point I'd love another season. Dexter has definitely lost his edge in hiding. Harrison hugging him in the car last episode was a really good moment.

I hope Dexter is exposed as the BHB at the end of this season though. I want to see him on the run.

I never seen it as ghost deb. I thought it just meant to be an aspect of Dexter own conscience but with the flavour of his sisters influence on way he thinks of his family related world so for viewer sake it has Deb be the personality of that part of his conscience.

Its just a nickname for her. We all know she isnt a ghost.

Really enjoying the series so far, to the point I'd love another season. Dexter has definitely lost his edge in hiding. Harrison hugging him in the car last episode was a really good moment.

I hope Dexter is exposed as the BHB at the end of this season though. I want to see him on the run.
I think Dexter dying is a lot more likely.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars

What a fantastic episode. So visceral and strange. The best episode of the season. I think Dexter is going to get caught though. Angela is getting close. Harrison will be left to carry on his dad's legacy. But wowser that was some great horror TV.

Also, on another note. I noticed tonight P+ has now put all the Star Trek movies on it. Yipeee.

Back