FTA-TV Dexter Season 8

Terrible ending to what was originally one of my favourite shows. Went down the same path as another one of my old favourites in 'Prison Break', it ran past it's use-by-date and essentially the writers painted themselves into a corner so wrote the first 'ending' that popped into their heads.

I will definitely miss the show for the older moments, but am in a way happy it has finished now as the writers flogged it to death, and it was beyond repair.

Read this entire interview with Buck and other writers/producers and you'll see they have no clue about what Dexter meant as a series: http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/23/dexter-interview-series-finale/

This quote sums it up...

Have to ask: How did Dex get from his boat to the shore in the middle of a hurricane?
BUCK: Hopefully it’s not a question that will be examined too closely. The show has always been a half step away from reality; it’s a hyper-reality. We established there is an emergency life raft with an outboard motor on the boat. He could have gotten in the raft and made it safely to shore.

"Hopefully it's not a question that will be examined too closely"?!?! Is this bloke for real? You're telling me he's getting paid a shiteload to help write and produce a show that he can't explain why things were wrote that way. If he watches one episode of Breaking Bad he'd see how competent writers can tie up loose ends, and provide answers for far-fetched situations based within reality.

RIP Dexter. Would much rather have had the sappy 'happy-ever-after' ending if anything, because their actual ending isn't poetic/ironic or anything... it's just garbage.

jackn

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2006
aus
AFL Club
Carlton
"Hopefully it's not a question that will be examined too closely"?!?! Is this bloke for real?

Wow! That is exactly what went wrong with the show (as well as Dexter's constant explaining every detail in his thoughts, which probably comes from the rest of the writers being ex sex and the city people).

There has been so many ridiculous plot holes that I was certain the writers were stupid, but it seems they just thought we were.

Mar 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Replace Poochie with Dexter and it still would of been a better ending

ArYhFWQCAAIJeSD.jpg:large

Blues4everr

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakers , Liverpool
Early on Dexter was known for its twists that you didn't see coming which made it so interesting.

I still would have liked to see Harry come back and it be revealed that he was alive the whole time. From my understanding nobody actually witnessed his death so it would have been plausible at least. Harry went crazy and started killing bad people too, he eventually returns to Miami and finds out that Hannah is a killer and kills her in front of Harrison.

At least something like that would have been interesting compared to the crap they gave us.

Early on Dexter was known for its twists that you didn't see coming which made it so interesting.

I still would have liked to see Harry come back and it be revealed that he was alive the whole time. From my understanding nobody actually witnessed his death so it would have been plausible at least. Harry went crazy and started killing bad people too, he eventually returns to Miami and finds out that Hannah is a killer and kills her in front of Harrison.

At least something like that would have been interesting compared to the crap they gave us.

Sorry but that sounds terriible.

Blues4everr

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakers , Liverpool
Sorry but that sounds terriible.

Don't say sorry lol, it would have been ridiculous way to end but at least no one would have seen it coming. I would have liked to have found out a bit more about Harry considering he was in nearly every episode.

What a shame they ruined a great TV show.

Don't say sorry lol, it would have been ridiculous way to end but at least no one would have seen it coming. I would have liked to have found out a bit more about Harry considering he was in nearly every episode.

What a shame they ruined a great TV show.

I grew real sick of the Harry character to be honest.

drummond2fevola

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Claremont Fremantle
For someone who only watched 6 seasons please tell me how it ended because I keep hearing how s**t it is so I don't think I will bother.

Apr 1, 2011
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NAFC
For someone who only watched 6 seasons please tell me how it ended because I keep hearing how s**t it is so I don't think I will bother.
Mostly nothing. Dexter didn't come close to getting caught or dying. No characters got any closure. Deb got dumped off a boat as a naked corpse because Dex loves her. The final scenes were Harrison getting ice cream and Dexter becoming a lumberjack.

Oh how I wish I was joking.

So the reason Dexter dumped debs body in the ocean was because of everything he put her through he thinks she ended up being one of his victims, and so he put her to rest the way he put every other person he killed?

Another example of his selfishness. The writers made me hate his character. What a massive f*** you to the character of Deb.

torq

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Did he also become a crack head after he faked his own death because he looks skinny as ****.

Well, Michael C. Hall had chemo treatment for cancer back in 2009/10, but he never appeared gaunt in later seasons.
His appearance in this last shot was probably due to the harsh natural lighting and makeup.

Don't say sorry lol, it would have been ridiculous way to end but at least no one would have seen it coming.
To be fair, none of us saw Dexter riding his boat into a hurricane and becoming a lumberjack, coming.

The writers revealed the biggest twist until last.

To be fair, none of us saw Dexter riding his boat into a hurricane and becoming a lumberjack, coming.

The writers revealed the biggest twist until last.

I knew there would be someone out there who would just be like, brilliant! :D

Back