FTA-TV Dexter Season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah just watched it last night. So disappointed in that ending. It was really bad. I wasn't expecting much as I read some of the hate for it. But so much has been left that it worries me that a movie or something is in left up in the air.

As much as many of you have already mentioned… there was a lot of sloppy / WHY WHY WHY go in that direction // writing.. after season 4.. sure, they wanted to bring a love interest after Rita's death… I couldn't really cope with Rita.. great thing that they killed her off as Lumen had potential to rise above the Rita character but wasn't too convincing. And then they scripted her out which was a blessing. Season Six really took a sharp turn for the better.. but it also showed signs of writers being careless with a staggering plot backflip/ bewildering twist that doesn't explain (read: make any sense) why Brother Sam was killed off the way he was... which pulled the uprising season BACK a few cogs.. but the ending of Season six was a pearler finish.. in the church with Deb seeing what see did.

Season Seven was compromised in the incriminating of Dexter on so many levels. Great for the anxiety of what happens next about Dexter being found out but also him getting sloppy at the same time.. the writers had every chance to steady the ship here… kudos for the side story involving the lab geek being a temporary menace but it was the minor detail that unravelled with the writers chasing a substandard conclusion to start another season. Disappointing that.

Season Eight… with passing on the code… to WHO? Are they (writers) kidding us? that was a savage flaw.. the Dexter serial killer credibility BLOW OUT right there.. sure… give us the ironic twist with the Vogel connection.. hooray but it was a blundered story with all the right pieces for a great finale that DESERVED a HELUVA lot better. And why would Deb wanna go back to the force?? :confused: Still mystifying that Quinn never used those 'incriminating photos by Stan Liddy' taken on the boat dumping black bags with Lumen. I had much anticipated a gripping finish …they had all the casting shaped for such a pearler finish.. But D R O P P E D the ball BIG TIME. Why why Why??

Enjoyed the show immensely.. but the closure/ ending was mystifyingly RIDICULOUS. :thumbsdown:o_O:rolleyes::confused:

mgI9KOg.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, I always hoped this would happen, but didnt think it would coz Michael C Hall would go onto bigger and better things but it hasnt really happened for him.

Real shame they killed off Deb now but im sure she will appear in a flashback at least.

Its good that Clyde Phillips is returning too. Show was best under his watch. Just hope he doesnt the do the ending he had in mind which he made public. Surely they would have something else in mind now.

Last edited:
I can't see Dexter surviving.

Makes sense to teach someone else the code and for that person to then decide if anyone fits the code its Dexter.

Bookmark this.

His kid will be just like him, will be taught what to do and will kill Dexter.

Can't say I'm as excited as a lot of you seem to be.

I'll give it a shot, but considering how it was going down hill for a number of seasons even before that ridiculous ending, I can't say I'm expecting it to be all that good

Oh I am treading carefully.

The most important news is the showrunner is the person who did the first four seasons, it fell off a cliff after that.

Wow, I always hoped this would happen, but didnt think it would coz Michael C Hall would go onto bigger and better things but it hasnt really happened for him.

Real shame they killed off Deb now but im sure she will appear in a flashback at least.

Its good that Clyde Phillips is returning too. Show was best under his watch. Just hope he doesnt the do the ending he had in mind which he made public. Surely they would have something else in mind now.
Speculation is that Deb will replace Harry as the voice inside his head.

I'll watch, but with the way the show ended I certainly won't be holding my breath. Happy the original showrunner is back though, thats a great first step to correcting it.

Definitely an option. But you gotta have Harry/James Remar dont you?
It's only speculation at this stage, and I'm not even the one doing the speculating - I read that suggestion somewhere else today, where people were commenting on the announcemeent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back