FTA-TV Dexter Season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, he's not going to be a CSI in the Miami PD in this series, he's now on the lamb working as a lumberjack (WTF?). How you come back from that shitshow end to the last season will be worth seeing, I suppose. Not convinced it's a show that can be revived, TBH.

Good, hopefully it can return to its lofty heights.

S4 is still probably the best season of any show I have seen, ever.
Shut up, campaigner.

It's definitely up there. My hopes aren't high for a revival. The endimg was the final nail in the coffin after the death by 1000 cuts that was dexter, post trinity killer. I can't really remember much post season 4 except he had an imaginary friend and became a lumberjack. I just looked it up an was reminded deb died. Shows how little attachment I had to it by the end.

Will give it a shot though as early on, dexter was amazing.

I hope some of the old characters/actors can make a return. Deb's disappearance would have hit Quinn hard.

I can't even remember who was still alive. Angel and Masuka were weren't they?

the Doakes-Trinity seasons were as good as TV has ever been, the only seasons of dramatic television I can think of that rivalled peak GoT and the BB universe. The fact that a station full of police and detectives couldn't join the dots at the end just beggared belief though and while the actual ending to the story didn't annoy me as much as others - faking his own death and burying Deb at sea wasn't really THAT bad IMO - the last 10-20 episodes were just a mess.

I can't even remember who was still alive. Angel and Masuka were weren't they?

the Doakes-Trinity seasons were as good as TV has ever been, the only seasons of dramatic television I can think of that rivalled peak GoT and the BB universe. The fact that a station full of police and detectives couldn't join the dots at the end just beggared belief though and while the actual ending to the story didn't annoy me as much as others - faking his own death and burying Deb at sea wasn't really THAT bad IMO - the last 10-20 episodes were just a mess.
In terms of dramatic television, check out Line Of Duty, just finished season 1 last night and holy s**t it is fantastic.

Good, hopefully it can return to its lofty heights.

S4 is still probably the best season of any show I have seen, ever.
Agree, season 4 was spectacular, season 1 gave me goosebumps at the time as well. The first four seasons were great, so it's good news that Phillips is returning. Knew this was inevitable given they fluffed the landing, and kept Dexter alive (you could see the network was hedging its bets, the only good conclusion requires him to die).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going through everything I've read so far since the announcement, apparently the team working on this is referring to it not as a new season but a 'second finale'. It will not take place in Miami, and supposedly a 'significant' amount of time has passed since the end of season 8 and the start of this. It makes the potential plot of Dexter teaching his son the code a very real chance of happening.

Going through everything I've read so far since the announcement, apparently the team working on this is referring to it not as a new season but a 'second finale'. It will not take place in Miami, and supposedly a 'significant' amount of time has passed since the end of season 8 and the start of this. It makes the potential plot of Dexter teaching his son the code a very real chance of happening.
That kid was annoying. Pass. Obviously older Harrison would be a different character but meh, I hold grudges haha.

Will he hunt down and kill treadmill salesmen?

Watching this back with the missus and I forgot how excellent Season One was.

The start of Season Two felt really weak in comparison, and I’m not even up to the annoyance of Lila yet...Doakes the saving grace of S2?

Paul should have been kept around, if he’d been released from prison in a later season with an eye on targeting Dexter it could have been interesting.

The start of Season Two felt really weak in comparison, and I’m not even up to the annoyance of Lila yet...Doakes the saving grace of S2?

Paul should have been kept around, if he’d been released from prison in a later season with an eye on targeting Dexter it could have been interesting.

Doakes was the best character in the show by a mile.

Based on Paul's character arc in the time he was on the show, he wouldn't have been a match for Dexter.

Based on Paul's character arc in the time he was on the show, he wouldn't have been a match for Dexter.
True, but knowledge is power and he knew Dexter wasn't right. Plus his reaction to Rita would have been interesting. Could have just been a side plot over that IT loser, for example.

True, but knowledge is power and he knew Dexter wasn't right. Plus his reaction to Rita would have been interesting. Could have just been a side plot over that IT loser, for example.

i did find it odd that the only two people who knew Dexter wasn't right (and I guess to be fair Paul knew it based on being knocked out by him), we he and Doakes, a smack addict domestic abuser and a "he doesn't do it by the book but by God he gets results" blunderbuss of a detective. Meanwhile the guy who caught the Green River Killer didn't suspect a thing even when the roads pointed to Dexter.

Season one was fantastic, the final confrontation between Dexter and this Ice Truck Killer is one of my favourite season ends of all time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back