Multiplat Diablo 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Up to GR62 solo for now with lightning Sentry/MS, need a good Yang's though now.

Yang's? For cube or? You can't beat Manticore for a sentry build (I mean i presume you use cluster arrow because it's crazy good). I'm at GR 64 currently solo.

Yang's? For cube or? You can't beat Manticore for a sentry build (I mean i presume you use cluster arrow because it's crazy good). I'm at GR 64 currently solo.
64 myself now. Using M6 and multishot with a cubed Bombardiers rucksack.

With this new season they buffed Tal Rasha up to 3000% damage from 2000 and I just did a GR 60 with 7 mins left over (don't think I lost one point of life in the whole rift). Using explosive blast wand of woh (a crappy one at that) and only half ancients, no bane of the stricken, no esoteric alteration but what I have done is boost my cdr up to 66% so it's like I have a permanent in-geom. I call it my 'non-geom' build and I'm hopeful I might be able to push into the 80's with it. I accidentally forgot to put frozen mist back onto auto key and did a GR 57 with only 3 stacks up and I didn't even notice the lose of dps or mitigation. :drunk:
I'm running a firebird wizard at the moment but my survival against ranged or spells is terrible. Did a GR50 and while I cleared it I died so damn much. Got my frost Nova ring and I'm using the stun bracers that reduce damage but I'm still pretty squish. And I use the 50% damage reduction chest.

I'm running a firebird wizard at the moment but my survival against ranged or spells is terrible. Did a GR50 and while I cleared it I died so damn much. Got my frost Nova ring and I'm using the stun bracers that reduce damage but I'm still pretty squish. And I use the 50% damage reduction chest.
Yeah, the wizard class is so weak but has so much upside as far as DPS goes and the powers are lots of fun (I fear I have an addiction to teleport which is also why I like the Barbarian leap build). The stun bracers (APD) were introduced because of that weakness and they are the strongest defense out of all the classes (as long as you lead all the enemy together so that a lot of them get frozen which makes you invincible). I really am trying not to go down that path but I know I'll have to once getting to the 70's (just did a 63 with 4 mins left over).

Atm I'm using endless walk ring/amulet combo, when moving I have up to 50% damage reduction, when standing still up to 100% damage given (almost up there with focus/restraint), I have the armour that you have in the cube but will have to get rid of that once I go to APD and also am wearing unity, but that will also have to go as well soon. Magic weapon deflection and dominance give me good shielding if I keep killing enemies. BotP and toxin gems also now give damage reduction from enemies.

For my attack I use CoE and my Enchantress has oculus ring. I teleport into the oculus circle (83% damage)and with CoE on the fire element I can virtually one shot elites on GR 60, the power at my disposal is unbelievable if I can take the hits until then.

I think Ill swap out one of my DPS legs (I have the stacking damage+armor one and the +damage% after killing an elite) for a defensive one. When I get a decent belt that gives me 60% reduced cost on Disintigrate I can change to Mantle of Channeling which will give me another 25% damage and damage reduction which will help. I use the Oculus Circle as well, which is awesome on my enchantress. I also use that Endless Walk combo. Currently that, my Icenova ring and I have the Zodiac in my Cube for quick CD reduction on my Teleport and Frost Nova. Although probably dont need that now with the other ring. Will experiment a bit me thinks.

I think Ill swap out one of my DPS legs (I have the stacking damage+armor one and the +damage% after killing an elite) for a defensive one. When I get a decent belt that gives me 60% reduced cost on Disintigrate I can change to Mantle of Channeling which will give me another 25% damage and damage reduction which will help. I use the Oculus Circle as well, which is awesome on my enchantress. I also use that Endless Walk combo. Currently that, my Icenova ring and I have the Zodiac in my Cube for quick CD reduction on my Teleport and Frost Nova. Although probably dont need that now with the other ring. Will experiment a bit me thinks.
Yeah firebird is the weakest out of all the wizard builds, which is why the 2 piece bonus is meteor that cheats death, you'd probably need unity on you/follower, blur & galv ward passives. Stricken gem is not necessary yet but bane of powerful is good as it reduces damage from elites and so does toxin but where firebird is good is when you have big groups around you that are on fire including an elite so APD would be good then. Also when it comes to mitigation you need an equal spread of life on hit/kill, life regen, all resist, vit and life. In defense paragon you need to up them all at the same time and one last thing is the homing pad shoulders when you are about to be stuck in an explosion hit teleport to town and you get about 60% damage reduction while you are building up the teleport and once you survive the explosion quickly move so you break the teleport so you don't actually go to town but survive the explosion or whatever that's about to kill you.

Odd that my s6 monk isn't showing in my D3 profile.. But then maybe because I only started it on Thursday and it's now l70 and we haven't had maintenance yet.

*edit

Now it's viewable... Odd...

Tried a new variation of Tals EB with 3 piece firebird and did a GR 65 with 6 mins left over, looks like I might have to stick with this. After trying the blinding sword and the furnace on my sorceress I have come to the conclusion that the Tormentor staff and it's charm and the charm amulet with her natural 'charm' are the best way to go, with high cooldown and attack speed she can keep the 35% buff up a lot.

The other thing about firebird is you go in and set them on fire and then teleport to the oculus circle the the follower is wearing and get the 84% damage from that as they burn.

Well, I'm a believer now. After only just getting through a GR66 yesterday I looked on youtube how to change my playstyle and it makes quite a difference.

Without any defensive gems and no unity or halo/APD combo (I even forgot to put the blood bracers back on so I was using the ones that make you run fast when breaking an object). I was able to clear a GR67 with 2 minutes left over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just got gifted this on PS4 by friend who's hardly ever online, anyone got advice for a complete and utter noob?
Just muck around with classes until you find one you like. Get out there and kill those demonic hordes.

just got gifted this on PS4 by friend who's hardly ever online, anyone got advice for a complete and utter noob?
I'd start off with the Barbarian as that class does good damage with good defense, it's easy to just bash and crash until you get used to the game.
As you go and come across different items/powers, whatever, go onto youtube and look at video's (there are a million of them) because there are a lot of subtleties that you don't realize but can enhance your gameplay by quite a bit.

Oh and collect every item you can to craft into materials except legendary's, keep them until you really know what they're used for as some of the most boring looking one's can be the most effective.

Just finished a GR69 and I have my Tal/fire wiz in a really good place, I'm going DPS heavy because at the end of the day offence is the only way to progress and I have the wizard's life saver (UA) and firebird's reviving meteor so that means I only so other than the 25 secs between I am immortal.

Although on that rift I only needed saving once but when looking at higher runs online they die multiple times but it doesn't faze them as it's all part of the strategy.

Found out UA doesn't work if you have firebirds 2 pc but doesn't matter now I've just finished a GR 70 pretty easy on para 840 with no augmentations, unity or halo/APD.
Time to really start pushing as Blizzard have announced they might change firebirds 4 pc bonus next patch to stop the chantodo's exploit which also will affect my build. :(

Wait, you mean this?

D3 thead... whad'ya think I meant silly? :p

Yes Im talking about your D3 chars, how did you end up with a Euro copy of the game or did you manually change the script to point to the Euro servers?

ps.. where's your s6 char?

I swear to sweet Jesus I have no idea who that is or how it got there..I googled Wooshette last season when we were playing the Demons in the SFA looking for some trolling material and I found that lol..knocked me down. She has a Ring of Royal Grandeur too which was perfect. :D
I can swear on every angel in heaven that i have no idea what Diablo is except I've seen it in a games store with my daughter..let alone 'Euro servers' o_O

Remove this Banner Ad

Back