Multiplat Diablo 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Played the Open Beta and thought it was pretty good although I had a few performance issues, not sure if it's just because it's a beta or whether I just need to tweak settings. I'm not a huge fan of the "shared overworld", hopefully there's a way of disabling it.

Crammed today to reach lvl 25, got there with half an hour to spare, found some decent legendary equipment. And now I find out the character disappears with the full release and you have to start all over again 😑🤦
Has anyone else had trouble buying the preorder from the xbox store? Mine just says 'Oops... There was a problem processing your oder' or words to that effect for the last two days now.

Crammed today to reach lvl 25, got there with half an hour to spare, found some decent legendary equipment. And now I find out the character disappears with the full release and you have to start all over again 😑🤦
Has anyone else had trouble buying the preorder from the xbox store? Mine just says 'Oops... There was a problem processing your oder' or words to that effect for the last two days now.
If you can wait buying it on xbox do so, we should be seeing Diable 4 coming to gamepass :thumbsu:

The Boss battles were ******* hard to be honest. I must have died about 8 times each trying to beat Vehnard and Liliths Lament. I actually just gave up on the Den Mother, playing as a Barb it just seemed impossible to make any progress against her. Although that was early in the game so I should have probably given it another go when I had a full selection of skills to choose from.

Not saying its a bad thing, I enjoyed the challenge and frustration.... I actually died one time when I had Vehnard down to literally one more hit and all I could do was laugh.
It was just something I noticed, I can't remember any bosses in Diablo 2 or 3 being as hard to kill as these were. Could just be that barb is trash, maybe those that went with a sorc or necromancer fared a bit better.

Also if that was just act 1, then this game will be huge, I was suprised how much there was to do just in an open beta.

One thing that was a little confusing was the arsenal for barbarian. It took me way longer than it should have to figure out I could change weapons for each different skill and how to fully utilise them. I was kind of frustrated that I had some shitty two hand mace that he was using for all the attacks when I had legendary one handers and a two hand slashing weapon just sitting there. But I avoided looking it up and just figured it out for myself eventually, it just seems kind of hidden away. Maybe I'm just dumb.

There are parts that are still a bit rough, which is to be expected, I also thought assigning skills was a bit clunky and the Diablo 3 interface was much easier to navigate. This one seems to have reverted back to more of a diablo 2 type inventory and skill tree system.
Anyway really enjoyed it nonetheless and can't wait for the full release.

I really enjoyed the Beta. Played a Rogue and enjoyed it. Wanted to get a Necro to level 20 too to decide which I prefer, but I didn't get the time. I don't know how people find time to play every class right through to 25, I couldn't get one done.

My favourite would defintely be Sorc, but Diablo is the only game I ever got my fiance playing with me and she loves the Sorc, so I'll leave that for her.

Looking forward to release.

I really enjoyed the Beta. Played a Rogue and enjoyed it. Wanted to get a Necro to level 20 too to decide which I prefer, but I didn't get the time. I don't know how people find time to play every class right through to 25, I couldn't get one done.

My favourite would defintely be Sorc, but Diablo is the only game I ever got my fiance playing with me and she loves the Sorc, so I'll leave that for her.

Looking forward to release.
aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ2lueC50di91cGxvYWRzL1dvV1NvdXRocGFyay5qcGc.webp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested to hear How it feel using a control as opposed to mouse and keyboard?

I didn't get a chance to try so this is probably no help whatsoever, but as the available abilities at any one time is the same as Diablo 3 then I'm sure it will play and feel the same way.

I didn't like some of the menus and UI on console in D3 so I do hope that is improved for 4 as I'll be getting it on both PC and PS5.

Most communities are in agreement that melee classes are underpowered and disadvantaged due to how hard some bosses and enemies with certain affixes were hitting. Also Necro was somewhat OP. I expect these balancing issues to be corrected before launch.

Devs listened. A few small buffs to melee, a few minor nerfs to ranged.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back