Multiplat Diablo 4

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Very similar to 3 in most regards to anything controller. My biggest "issue" with transitioning from PC to PS5 was the restricted viewport which I assume is the maintain the smooth 60fps frame rate. It wasn't just the fact I play PC at 3440*1440 either. You get used to it after a bit and I doubt it would be an issue if you didn't know any different, but the immediate transition felt a little claustrophobic due to PS5 being more zoomed in/smaller FOV.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
As an interesting addition that just occured to me, Diablo 4 is one of the first truly next gen PC titles depending on your graphics card and operating system. It's a DirectX 12 title where exclusive full screen is no longer required (which is why it only supports windowed full screen) and you get the full suite of NVIDIA features (if your card supports) - ray tracing, DLSS 3.0 and reflex, all while windowed with Gsync enabled.

While you can enable Gsync outside of exclusive full screen applications in the NVIDIA control panel, NVIDIA themselves on their subreddit have always recommended, along with a bunch of other settings, to restrict it to full screen only. Diablo 4 is one of the first titles to get the benefits of all the NVIDIA bells and whistles as well as DX12 and windowed full screen.

The HDR handling in this game is also fantastic on all platforms if you've got a good HDR display.

As an interesting addition that just occured to me, Diablo 4 is one of the first truly next gen PC titles depending on your graphics card and operating system. It's a DirectX 12 title where exclusive full screen is no longer required (which is why it only supports windowed full screen) and you get the full suite of NVIDIA features (if your card supports) - ray tracing, DLSS 3.0 and reflex, all while windowed with Gsync enabled.

While you can enable Gsync outside of exclusive full screen applications in the NVIDIA control panel, NVIDIA themselves on their subreddit have always recommended, along with a bunch of other settings, to restrict it to full screen only. Diablo 4 is one of the first titles to get the benefits of all the NVIDIA bells and whistles as well as DX12 and windowed full screen.

The HDR handling in this game is also fantastic on all platforms if you've got a good HDR display.

This post makes me want a PC. * me dead why did I go Mac.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
d4waiting.png
download (2).jpg

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
Servers must be getting slammed. Doesn't matter how many times I pause and resume the download to find different mirrors it is always pretty poo :(.

Battle.net servers are always pretty dodgy, I was downloading something the other day and could barely get 1 MBps

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Battle.net servers are always pretty dodgy, I was downloading something the other day and could barely get 1 MBps

Yeah they are but usually I can spam pause and resume and eventually get my max line speed. I do the same with EA launcher which is often even worse again. No luck at the moment though. Some mirrors only 1MB, others around 3MB. Currently on one bouncing between 4 and 7MB/s so that will have to do.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Starting pre-load tonight.

Reviews all seem pretty positive for end game which is good.

Not sure how long it'll take me to get there though, I'm usually pretty slow with ARPGs and tend to take me time getting to endgame/max level.

I wouldn't worry too much about how long it takes to get your first character to end game as season one should be out by the end of the next month and we'll be doing it all again lol

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Am I correct in saying the Ultimate edition only has an accelerated 'battle pass' over the Deluxe?

That's correct. An extra $15 when already spending over $100 didn't seem like much of an extra reach. I still haven't purchased it on PS5 yet but will in the next day or two (will be starting on PC but weekends I usually hang out on the PS5 with the in laws in a voice chat) but will probably just Delux on that.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Chief has always wanted us to push the Bigfooty gaming Discord a bit more (infact it never gets used) but I've always been reluctant to steer traffic away from the board. However this might be a good opportunity to use it seeing as this game is cross platform and every platform has Discord functionality.

The old Destiny channel didn't take off so now it's a Diablo one.

Sep 23, 2007
Supercoach Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando magic Baltimore Ravens
I can't decide on what class to play. With less than 24 hours to go the pressure is mounting... I feel physically sick today.
Haha same!
Was tossing up between Necro and Sorcerer was driving me mad. Then i saw some Druid gameplay and was like... Well Fek!

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Don't stress too much! We'll probably all be re-rolling once the first season drops.

Also don't forget the online element. While the servers were pretty good and the server slam was obviously to stress test, expect them to be smashed tomorrow during the day during US peak time. I didn't experience it in the final beta but the previous beta had queues during US peak on the weekend. As much as I'll be itching to get home and play tomorrow I know it will be probably be better by tomorrow evening.

Back