Diagnosing OP?

ThePine

All Australian
May 23, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Hi Guys,

Dont play football anymore (past it now :D) but i still run for fitness and have noticed over the past couple of months that after exercising my groin region flares up. I do stretch it out but lately i seem to be fighting a losing battle.

Does anyone here know how to define OP and/or some treatment for it?

*I did have a small groin tear from footy about 5-6 years ago but this feels different.

Cheers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

chaddles

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2007
In the trees
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
I have had it for over a year now and it is starting to get to the stage where I can increase my workload and actually do a bit more running but have to be careful not to over do it. The guide given to me by the physio was if it hurts too much the next day or two then you have done too much and have to pull back on the excercise.

Mine started out as a pain on the inside of my leg, and gradually worked it's way up into my hip joint, groin, and around the pelvic bone. Probably the most debilitating injury I have had and there isn't much you can do about it except rest and manage your workload.

Sounds like it may be the start of OP, I didn't manage mine properly which is why it got as bad as it did.

ThePine

All Australian
May 23, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I have had it for over a year now and it is starting to get to the stage where I can increase my workload and actually do a bit more running but have to be careful not to over do it. The guide given to me by the physio was if it hurts too much the next day or two then you have done too much and have to pull back on the excercise.

Mine started out as a pain on the inside of my leg, and gradually worked it's way up into my hip joint, groin, and around the pelvic bone. Probably the most debilitating injury I have had and there isn't much you can do about it except rest and manage your workload.

Sounds like it may be the start of OP, I didn't manage mine properly which is why it got as bad as it did.
thanks for that.

haven't run for about a week and a half now and its starting to go down a little.

might make a trip to the physio if pain persists.

pacemaker

Norm Smith Medallist
May 2, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
i would rest for at least 3 months first and wait for it to settle down, however ive had it for close to three years now, im at the stage where im running 3km-5km every now again, still pull up sore but i can still run with no pain. you probably already have a pair of skins if not get a pair, light stretching before exercise also helps with applying deap heat prior to the stretching is a bonus.

im from WA and as your in melbourne your laughing mate. theres a bloke called pat allan or garry miritis both who can cure you and i would be seeing them once every 2 weeks until you get over it. i sore garry flew over there twice and he got me running again. cheak this out and ask him about your problem he is very good in replying back to you within a day http://www.miritismassage.com/

Top Bottom