Society/Culture Did a male get in the way of Wonder Woman?

Remove this Banner Ad

A pointless distinction.
Actually it isn't. IF people recognized this fact they would realise half the time they get upset is simply due to association errors and not actually due to anything worth getting upset about. It would make the world a happier less stressful place. Simply treating words by their meaning rather then associations.

Actually it isn't. IF people recognized this fact they would realise half the time they get upset is simply due to association errors and not actually due to anything worth getting upset about. It would make the world a happier less stressful place. Simply treating words by their meaning rather then associations.

f** is a derogatory word for gay person. Nobody would sincerely suggest it's used in 2017 to describe a pile of sticks or whatever it meant 80 years ago.

A pointless distinction.

I don't mean to stereotype but the "Words are just words" brigade 99% of the time are straight while males who don't have to worry about copping anything worse than hearing "cracker!" in a black comedy movie. Or they're rich/well off people in a position to not give a * i.e. IPA hacks on $250,000 a year.

f** is a derogatory word for gay person. Nobody would sincerely suggest it's used in 2017 to describe a pile of sticks or whatever it meant 80 years ago.
I believe he's taking a different tack; that f** isn't being directed at gays any more, therefore it isn't offensive. He ignores the fact the word was a demeaning one intended to suggest weakness and is similarly being used to suggest people are weak or crap. Therefore the association remains.

It's used today to mean someone is gay. Simple as that. Some people use it in a derogatory way and others just use it as a label to mean homosexual. My argument is it should only offend when it is used in the deragatory way and by that I mean someone saying the word with a threatening tone and anger. It's not the word that is the problem but what is being associated with it through the expression used: I.e violence/isolation/superiority etc.

If someone calls you weak then feel free to get offended regardless of tone as the word weak itself suggests that you lack courage and have poor character. The word f** ain't an offensive word as it just means homosexual (unless you are homophobic). Nothing about the word itself is a problem. It's why many homosexual people can reclaim the word and use it themselves. You can't however reclaim the word weak.

f** isn't homophobic. Words aren't discriminatory. Only the way people use them is discriminatory and even then it's not the actual words that are discriminatory.

The word is offensive. I believe that 'cuck' is offensive too, for the same reasons.

America the Super-hero coming to save Lady Liberty.....LOL....The pax americana moral via a well-honed Zionist owned, Hollywood formulae....The duping of our Western world kids minds, does indeed begin early.

MANUFACTURED CONSENT: 101.

Superhero movies do seem to promote authoritarian attitudes, particularly the modern ones, which deal with power and politics directly, and still allow their heroes the moral latitude to make unilateral decisions.

Very troubling.

The word is offensive. I believe that 'cuck' is offensive too, for the same reasons.
Only because you are either making an association error or you are a homophobe. Im guessing the former so simply stop making association errors and its no longer offensive. The world is a slightly happier place when there arent so many offensive words in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only because you are either making an association error or you are a homophobe. Im guessing the former so simply stop making association errors and its no longer offensive. The world is a slightly happier place when there arent so many offensive words in it.
It certainly is, but I think I would have to be in denial to think the use of cuck wasn't inherently homophobic

Try calling everyone at work a *******, say it means 'mate' to you and they are all making association errors, see if they agree that it's no longer offensive or that they are the ones with the problem if they find it offensive.

Words have history and meanings.

If a male didn't do everything in his power to get in the way of Wonder Women then he's probably posting his heart-out on the same sex marriage thread.

upload_2017-7-14_11-29-21.jpeg

Obviously the posters above are cucks.

I'm glad to see that this word has now been censored from bigfooty, and replaced with 'genius' as it is offensive to women and homosexuals. However I see it still appears here, so I am thinking perhaps it does not apply to moderator posts for some reason.

Can you please remove your slur?

Thanks.

I'm glad to see that this word has now been censored from bigfooty, and replaced with 'genius' as it is offensive to women and homosexuals. However I see it still appears here, so I am thinking perhaps it does not apply to moderator posts for some reason.

Can you please remove your slur?

Thanks.
Quite seriously, I've learnt that offensive words don't matter on Bigfooty if someone is using them 'ironically'.

I've campaigned pretty hard to get the word 'Mussie' banned but I got told people were using it sarcastically so it's okay.

People don't realise that using words like that in any capacity normalises it.

Quite seriously, I've learnt that offensive words don't matter on Bigfooty if someone is using them 'ironically'.

I've campaigned pretty hard to get the word 'Mussie' banned but I got told people were using it sarcastically so it's okay.

People don't realise that using words like that in any capacity normalises it.

I don't think using any of those words in quotation marks makes it ok. Bill Maher recently found this out when he used the 'n word' sarcastically on his show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back