Coach Did Brad Scott sabotage North one last time?

Remove this Banner Ad

If that were the case, with many coaches and assistants leaving their respective clubs each year and going to others, wouldn’t we see more results like these? Even with utilising inside knowledge I highly doubt a team would nullify their opponent to the extent Geelong did to North. North just had a bad game.

The tactics were too unique to copy to be put down to standard opposition analysis. No other team inbetween employed similar tactics. As brothers/family, naturally you would feel comfortable talking to each other. A long stretch to apply it to every other coach (and i know you are intentionally being disingenuous).
I don't really know how to say this so I will just come straight out with it. You are either a master troll or a dead set fair dinkum peanut.

I would recommend this thread to all and sundry though. Especially those that like to wear tin foil hats.

The tactics were too unique to copy to be put down to standard opposition analysis. No other team inbetween employed similar tactics. As brothers/family, naturally you would feel comfortable talking to each other. A long stretch to apply it to every other coach (and i know you are intentionally being disingenuous).
04EAB91C-071B-48D0-AA56-F9AFF209D448.gif

You do know right that these games are televised? So if North played well against a team, Chris Scott could do what any coach actually does and watch the game and devise tactics based on what works?

Geelong beat Sydney in the 2017 finals by playing like a Hawthorn. I guess that means Clarkson told Scott some pointers for some reason as well.
2C42A391-E310-4907-848D-769F0FA1A8D8.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL!

That would be giving Brad too much credit.

The bigger concern is that Shaw was unable to change the direction of the game.
The even bigger concern are the nuffies who appointed him so soon and without interviewing anyone else. Amateurs.
Yeah that really makes them look amateur. I mean as a member and supporter you’d be filthy either way, lacking due diligence. You’ve got to interview 3-4 minimum I reckon. Especially with what’s around.

Unfortunately for North thats probably true, what he does know is that North will have to pay him nearly 800k if he doesn't get a coaching roll, there goes the war chest.
Ok I keep seeing people think of "warchests" as a liter pile of money in a vault, which is simply not true.

In Norths case, retiring Boomer, dal, Petrie, and other player movement combined with a depleted top end of the list meant we had extra money in the salary cap for player payments, which is a cap that's separate to the football department (coaches and assistants) cap. With the extra space we renegotiated contracts to bring the bulk of the expenses forward, thus creating even more space in following years. As the years went on and no fishes took the bait the club continued this process and will probably keep doing so for a little while longer, unless they pick up a Marquee player this year but I don't see it happening until a better judgement can be made on Rhyce.

The football department cap, meanwhile, is a soft cap, which means once you spend the maximum you can overspend but are taxed by the league at what I'd guess would be a rate of $1 for every dollar you go over the cap. I've also heard elsewhere that Brad's cost in the event he doesn't get a gig would be closer to 400k, but it's neither here nor there, it doesn't factor into player salary cap so shouldn't restrict the club too much.

Yeah that really makes them look amateur. I mean as a member and supporter you’d be filthy either way, lacking due diligence. You’ve got to interview 3-4 minimum I reckon. Especially with what’s around.
Shaw may have been brought in this season with an eye to the future and we just brought plans forward a bit with the pathetic start to the year.
Doesn't much matter now, I'm sure he learned a fair bit last week.

It has been apparent during the last few years that there was a strong likelihood the Scott brothers were sharing notes on their opponents (not that there is anything wrong with it).

If we were playing one of North/Geelong earlier in the season, when we played the other team later on, they would employ similar tactics that worked well whether it is on field positioning, locking down a certain player or exploiting a certain subtle weakness.

After tonight's diabolical performance by North (a team that was in at least decent form), did Brad Scott screw north over one last time by giving Chris all the intel on their players and strategies? (fwiw it looks like Rhyce hasn't developed a brand new game plan though there is some tweaks to the one they played under Brad). Some of their most in form players were completely nullified like Zurhaar, Wood and Brown.

Scotts departure agreement is Norths bigger problem, if he hasnt got a job you agreed to pay. Got to hope Gil finds him a high paying job at HQ unless his mate Lethlean comes good.

Course he did. Bevo and simmo compare notes so im sure brad and Chris do too

Getting rid of Brad Scott was a proactive move by the North board.

But there was no need to appoint Shaw so quickly. In all likelihood they will end up treading water for another three years.

North are hamstrung finance wise, no way could they afford someone like Longmire or Clarkson. That 800 K golden handshake given to Brad on the termination of his contract is another example of how poorly NMFC have been run at board level over the years.

North are hamstrung finance wise, no way could they afford someone like Longmire or Clarkson. That 800 K golden handshake given to Brad on the termination of his contract is another example of how poorly NMFC have been run at board level over the years.

caro?

Hope not. Leaking info to your brother's team just because you're feeling bitter and excluded would suggest there's even deeper problems at the club than on-field performance.

How do you conclude that? I mean, you state that (if it happened) it was the action of a bitter and excluded individual. On what planet does this translate to deeper problems in the organisation from which the bitter person feels excluded?

Unless you're Carlton, of course. Then it's the Teague Train and a great story and all in the football world is warm and fuzzy.

Will p!ss myself if Ratten gets the Saints job and they are roundly congratulated for appointing the right man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back