Roast Did Bucks seriously just bag Adams' game in his presser?

Remove this Banner Ad

He played three quarters at full forward, Nathan. He threw himself at the ball and the man, showed poise to find Moore for a goal, got the ball out in front of Fasolo for another, and took some marks deep in the pocket which, much like our guys who are actually in the team as forwards, failed to convert.

I find you singling him out to be distasteful, when he's playing a position which is foreign to him and frankly he's unsuited to. Reeks of MM circa 2003 post GF presser, actually. Perhaps consider directing our resources to someone who is an AFL quality forward, instead of Chris Mayne.

He played three quarters at full forward, Nathan. He threw himself at the ball and the man, showed poise to find Moore for a goal, got the ball out in front of Fasolo for another, and took some marks deep in the pocket which, much like our guys who are actually in the team as forwards, failed to convert.

I find you singling him out to be distasteful, when he's playing a position which is foreign to him and frankly he's unsuited to. Reeks of MM circa 2003 post GF presser, actually. Perhaps consider directing our resources to someone who is an AFL quality forward, instead of Chris Mayne.

Supply a bit of context TRS.

Can't say I expect better, its curtains and he knows it, so he's pointing the finger

Puts the bloke who excels as an inside mid even more so in wet conditions into the forward pocket and then pots him

#strongwilled

He has turned on the leadership group for an excuse, it's all over.

basically said "we rely heavily on the leadership group Pendles, Adams and Sidebottom and they were relatively quiet today we don't often get bad games out of those guys, but got a couple of bad games out of those blokes all at once"

Last edited:

He was s**t.............signed Nathan Buckley.

Maybe me and Nathan watched a different game to you T R S!

Enough with the deflection people.

What the **** is this thread about?

I think it's one of those dinner party games. Bucks said something, something bad. Our job is to now guess what it may have been, and the poster closest to the pin gets extra dessert.

My turn (quoting Bucks): 'Tay is a hack. He's a glum prick who brings the rest of us down. I wanted Patton, and instead he's given us WHE. F****** WHE!'

Sorry, got off the train and was driving. Smoky has mentioned the relevant comment. Said you don't normally get bad games out of those guys and we had a few of them who played bad games at the same time. Adams was definitely mentioned and I wasn't sure if he said Pendles or Sidebottom for the other, perhaps it was both. Radio reception on the train was cutting in and out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was s**t.............signed Nathan Buckley.

Maybe me and Nathan watched a different game to you T R S!

Enough with the deflection people.
He missed a couple of set shots... which he shouldn't have been taking in the first place. It's not on Bucks that DeGoey, who should have been in that role if it had to be a mid, was unavailable. It is on Bucks that he wasted money on Mayne and picked a player who's never shown anything as a forward and played him as our deepest forward for three quarters.

He missed a couple of set shots... which he shouldn't have been taking in the first place. It's not on Bucks that DeGoey, who should have been in that role if it had to be a mid, was unavailable. It is on Bucks that he wasted money on Mayne and picked a player who's never shown anything as a forward and played him as our deepest forward for three quarters.

How many shots did Mayne miss today?

Are you for f....n real?

Adams in the forward line lost us the game today? Did you even proof read this thread?

How many shots did Mayne miss today?

Are you for f....n real?

Adams in the forward line lost us the game today? Did you even proof read this thread?
Quote the part where I said playing Adams forward cost us the game. Did you even proof read your post?

Quote the part where I said playing Adams forward cost us the game. Did you even proof read your post?

He bagged Adams for being s**t today after playing most of the game forward......apologies for my poetic license!

Adams was s**t today just like Bucks..........but in Bucks defence today, atleast he made some moves as opposed to the St.Kilda game.

Did I miss anything else?

He has turned on the leadership group for an excuse, it's all over.

basically said "we rely heavily on the leadership group Pendles, Adams and Sidebottom and they were relatively quiet today we don't often get bad games out of those guys, but got a couple of bad games out of those blokes all at once"

What's wrong with a coach saying that? Toughen up Ffs - soft, if the players are worth their salt they'd take that, should anyway

What's wrong with a coach saying that? Toughen up Ffs - soft, if the players are worth their salt they'd take that, should anyway

If you cant see how that statement says problems I can't help you. In the spirit of today, it's like an officer blaming frontline troops for a lost battle that he has planned for, at the end of the day the officer is in charge and made mistakes whether misjudging his own capabilities or that of the opposition. this blaming only creates disharmony between all involved.

Last edited:
If you cant see how that statement says problems I can't help you. In the spirit of today, it's like an officer blaming frontline troops for a lost battle that he has planned for, at the end of the day the officer is in charge and made mistakes whether misjudging his own capabilities or that of the opposition. this blaming only creates disharmony between all involved.
Thanks for clarifying your perspective

He bagged Adams for being s**t today after playing most of the game forward......apologies for my poetic license!

Adams was s**t today just like Bucks..........but in Bucks defence today, atleast he made some moves as opposed to the St.Kilda game.

Did I miss anything else?
I think it's weak to play a player that badly out of position and then bag him for it. Especially as, to my eye, he tried his guts out and did ok in the unfamiliar role. Obviously I'm not privy to what KPIs he was working to or specifically what the plan for him was. That's all.

I think it's weak to play a player that badly out of position and then bag him for it. Especially as, to my eye, he tried his guts out and did ok in the unfamiliar role. Obviously I'm not privy to what KPIs he was working to or specifically what the plan for him was. That's all.

I never said he didn't try.

As jackcass posted in the other thread we had many more forward entries as opposed to the Dons...........Adams was part of the forward line and had shots so he should be bagged IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back