Roast Did Bucks seriously just bag Adams' game in his presser?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the only disappointing thing about Adam's game up forward was perhaps not crumbling enough inside 50. Had two relatively difficult shots on goal in the conditions, but probably should of kicked one of them.

The way I heard it he implied that they performed below par and I have no problem with that.

I agree that they performed below their respective pars. The question is why is Bucks saying this to the press. If he's saying it because he thinks it will result in the players or team performing better - great.

If he's saying it for any other reason, it's bad form.

I agree that they performed below their respective pars. The question is why is Bucks saying this to the press. If he's saying it because he thinks it will result in the players or team performing better - great.

Maybe it is neither, just a statement of fact. All are big boys and I am sure they can take it.
I don't go looking for reasons where none may exist.

He knows his Job is just about Gone and he thinks the Sack can happen at anytime

If every week the coach publically blamed missed chances for defeat, would you feel confident lining up a set shot. Do you think you'd be more or less likely to kick the goal. When you've got Fasolo looking like he doesn't want to take a set shot at goal, there's serious issues with how we're handling errors and mistakes from players.

When it comes to Bucks's coaching career, there's been two big issues - 1.) we've looked disorganised 2) players who have lost form and confidence have had ridiculously long form slumps - sometimes never getting out of them. I personally think he has little emotional IQ and doesn't understand that messages need to be massaged to suit the individual.
Agreed i wonder if this is what is affecting the set shots and decision making. Whether the coaches are instilling confidence or applying more pressure.

Last edited:
i just watched the buckley press conference..... or was it his alternative universe press conference.... he made a reference to the three leaders not playing at their usual standard.... is that "bagging"? Bagging must have changed since I was a kid. I need retraining...

i think some people must be suffering from hallucinations after that loss...if we lose need week, i expect to see threads with titles "has buckley turned into a pink flying zebra?"
I wonder what Barassi would have said...If a footballer can't take that ...they aren't worth a game in the Tattyoon seconds. I mean seriously, do people live in the real world. IF that is criticism we as a nation are softer than hot butter

I wonder what Barassi would have said...If a footballer can't take that ...they aren't worth a game in the Tattyoon seconds. I mean seriously, do people live in the real world. IF that is criticism we as a nation are softer than hot butter

millennials....... as hot chocolate used to say.."everyone's a winner"

millennials....... as hot chocolate used to say.."everyone's a winner"

Just sat through Primary School assembly.
Happens every fortnight.
They handed out 215 awards (I counted).
School has 350 students.
Next there'll be an award for a student (who doesn't get an award) with 'best clapper for award winners'.
Think of the 135 kiddies who went home without a certificate !!!!!!!!!
How will they survive !!!!!!!!!
At least I know they'll be feted in a fortnights time.

Maybe it is neither, just a statement of fact. All are big boys and I am sure they can take it.
I don't go looking for reasons where none may exist.

I suspect that you are right and it is just a statement of fact.

I'm just questioning Bucks's management and communication skills. I don't reckon he is capable of choosing the right facts to deliver in the right way to the right person in order to get better performance from his team. Ultimately, I think our team's biggest issue is and has for a while been confidence. And I suspect that a lot of that comes down to having a coach who is very honest and direct and is also a never satisfied perfectionist who is thus more inclined to focus on errors than positives. We play like a team who think too much about errors and thus don't take the game on and I think that probably comes from our leader, who had the resilience and innate self belief to be hyper critical of himself, but doesn't seem to get that others don't have that same strength and need regular praise rather than added pressure. Somethings wrong when Faz, the cockiest of them all, who used to back himslef in to kick a goal from 80metres, is looking panicked and rushed every time he has a set shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all kind of irrelevant what he has to say now. I've been a huge fan of Buckley but he's not making finals in 2017 and he will be gone. We need to look forward. Potting the players is neither here nor there. They know he's gone also. He's frustrated and he knows the end is undeniably nigh.
Our injury list is excellent. Our list is decent. It's good enough to be better than we are currently placed. That's everyone's fault at Collingwood but the buck stops at the coach.

Add Greenwood to the oddness of Adams playing in the forward line. Adams and Greenwood are our two most hard at the ball players. Wet weather suits them both perfectly. They both sat in the forward line doing nothing

Add Greenwood to the oddness of Adams playing in the forward line. Adams and Greenwood are our two most hard at the ball players. Wet weather suits them both perfectly. They both sat in the forward line doing nothing
Oohhh.....actual sense.
And you've got to wonder what the coaching panel were thinking when we were getting cut up down the guts,

Oohhh.....actual sense.
And you've got to wonder what the coaching panel were thinking when we were getting cut up down the guts,
Not again?

Seriously, we've been cut up down the guts for 2-3 years. It wasn't because Adams and/or Greenwood weren't in the guts. It's coaching and player quality that are the issues. Shuffling the deck chairs won't save the boat from sinking.

Just sat through Primary School assembly.
Happens every fortnight.
They handed out 215 awards (I counted).
School has 350 students.
Next there'll be an award for a student (who doesn't get an award) with 'best clapper for award winners'.
Think of the 135 kiddies who went home without a certificate !!!!!!!!!
How will they survive !!!!!!!!!
At least I know they'll be feted in a fortnights time.

i was thinking about this on the way home and one of the things that I like about buckley is his honesty, but i dont think honesty is given much value these days. I actually think that people would prefer to be spun a story that sounds appealing than to hear the truth....i'm starting to think that buckley might be having problems connecting with some players because they need to be "massaged" into playing well.... and he works better with people who find some inner self-motivation...

He has turned on the leadership group for an excuse, it's all over.

basically said "we rely heavily on the leadership group Pendles, Adams and Sidebottom and they were relatively quiet today we don't often get bad games out of those guys, but got a couple of bad games out of those blokes all at once"

Fairly accurate statement, guess the issue is whether or not it should be aired in the media or kept in-house.

Interestingly, Taylor Adams is leading our score involvement statistic this season. He has had 39 score involvements across the 5 games. Next best is Fas and Sidey with 37, then Pendles at 34.
He's also leading our tackle count and is third in total clearances. He's second in stoppage clearances, second for total disposals, 5th for intercept possessions behind 4 backmen and third for metres gained behind Treloar and Howe.
His major flaw is his disposal efficiency of 62%. Comparable to Treloar who is 65%. For a comparison across teams, Dangerfield goes at 68% and Dustin Martin goes at 54%.

Last edited:
didnt buckley say it as a press conference?... what constitutes it being aired in the media?

Yes, that's the media and as I said, I guess the issue is whether that's an appropriate forum to make those type of comments or whether they should be kept in-house. My point wasn't all that obtuse.

Personally, I find his honesty and openness with the media refreshing, don't have an issue with his comments. Others apparently do.

It makes me laugh. A coach or player is open/honest in the media and the media create a storm around it. The next presser they complain the coach/player gives them nothing. Most of what is said has no impact at all but it often creates a few days of self inflation for a score of media flunkies.

As for Buckley, I gave up listening to his meaningless talk nearly as long ago as most of the decent players did.

Yes, that's the media and as I said, I guess the issue is whether that's an appropriate forum to make those type of comments or whether they should be kept in-house. My point wasn't all that obtuse.

Personally, I find his honesty and openness with the media refreshing, don't have an issue with his comments. Others apparently do.

sorry i misinterpreted what you wrote.... on reading it again it's quite clear. i agree with your comment about honesty. I always wonder about the people who put the figjam label on him. Over the years, it's been quite clear that he put as much pressure to achieve on himself as he did on others.... there are so many sportspeople these days who are universally worshipped, who seem to me to be big headed assholes......When I see comments from people about how much they hate him etc, I have this feeling that I dont particularly want to meet those people. Of course, that has no impact on his ability to coach successfully but i have the feeling that even clarko would have problems with the yoke that buckley is carrying

Remove this Banner Ad

Back