BUBBALOUIS

Club Legend
Jan 9, 2001
Victoria, HAWTHORN, GLENF
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
leeds united
Well lets hear from two former LIBERAL leaders .... Hewson actually goes on in that interview that Howard played the same game in 1996, that time his target was 'asians'

Also a huge LIBERAL financial backer and head of a large aged care network told the coalition to quote 'get stuffed' ! his support was now with Labor, calling Bronwyn Bishop a disgrace and Howard a cpward for not sacking her .... From the mouths of babes ...

Former Liberal leader John Hewson, in an article in The Australian Financial Review last week, said some had suggested Mr Howard "consciously played the race card with the Tampa". "Maybe he did play that card, again. At the very least, he undoubtedly tapped what is a latent racial prejudice in significant sections of the Australian community including, importantly, much of the migrant community," Dr Hewson wrote.

And former Liberal prime minister Malcolm Fraser described as "obscene" the policy of using small Pacific nations to solve Australia's problem with asylum seekers.

Yes Bubbalouis, it is a race game, but TT will tell us we're ignorant for saying that.;)
I'm also wondering when we actually declared war on asylum seekers to? WAR? Now Howards got two fronts to rally the patriots behind him. I guess by using his stooges in the media to class the asylum seekers as 'the enemy', which is what they are if we are at WAR with them, it justifies sending more troops in to send them back or maybe even help a couple of boats to sink.

• Banned
Originally posted by Santos L Helper
Yes Bubbalouis, it is a race game, but TT will tell us we're ignorant for saying that.;)
I'm also wondering when we actually declared war on asylum seekers to? WAR? Now Howards got two fronts to rally the patriots behind him. I guess by using his stooges in the media to class the asylum seekers as 'the enemy', which is what they are if we are at WAR with them, it justifies sending more troops in to send them back or maybe even help a couple of boats to sink.

Santos did you see the excellent story on the Sunday programme re: the refugees? Anyone after seeing the story who still doesnt want to process these poor people must be .... well .... John Howard!

Originally posted by BUBBALOUIS

Santos did you see the excellent story on the Sunday programme re: the refugees? Anyone after seeing the story who still doesnt want to process these poor people must be .... well .... John Howard!

John howard has always been a racist pig and dont get me started again on the poor refugees and the tampa boat people, liitle john has sold his soul to the devil on this one.

We are all human beings on the same planet its our right and duty to extend a hand of love and friendship to the poor and unfortunate who seek comfort on our shores.

Who in the hell do we think we are to turn human beings away whose only crime was to be born in war and poverty.

you will pay for your crimes howard, crimes against humanity.

And why is Howard strong on boat people ? all he's doing is send them to other nations in the area (and causing problems between us and them eg fiji - which already has race problems) frokm where they will eventually come here anyway (after the election is over of course)

Plus get this people. Afghanistan is now a war zone. refugees cannot be sent back even if they don't have a case. more will now come so everyones pig-headeness has produced the very thing they didn't want.

My advice to boat people would be to sail into the southern ocean in a yacht then get stranded. The government will pull out all the stops to rescue you then.

I'm trying to remember the phrase on some news show on foxtel this morning that was used to describe Howards stance and efforts on this issue........... I think it was something like "a colonialism dictatorship"...........being Howard as the overlord farming out the people to colonies.

Personally, I disagree with his stance, and am ashamed that we - as Australians - are treating other people with such contempt. How such a multi-cultural society can be seen to be taking such a racist view is beyond me.

Originally posted by Danni
I'm trying to remember the phrase on some news show on foxtel this morning that was used to describe Howards stance and efforts on this issue........... I think it was something like "a colonialism dictatorship"...........being Howard as the overlord farming out the people to colonies.

Personally, I disagree with his stance, and am ashamed that we - as Australians - are treating other people with such contempt. How such a multi-cultural society can be seen to be taking such a racist view is beyond me.

Thankfully a lot of us aren't. but the reason for the racism ? Insecurity, pure and simple. Thats why we are xenophobic about a few hundred thousand indiginous black people. We doubt our right to be here so we fight for it as hard as we can.

And this farming out people throughout the pacific is one of the things we criticise indonesiaa for. But that's a different story... but imagine the PM of britain was not talking to the PM of france, and had no intention of trying to put it right

No doubt that Howard played the race card. It's pure fear and ignorance......just go back through the general topics board and read some of the rubbish that was posted Muslims shortly after September 11. Most of the people here on bigfooty are, for the most part, fair and reasonable.....but a number of these people gave in to their fear of a race of people they don't fully understand (if they've ever tried to understand them, that is), and hence, if these people can fall for the fear factor (as brought about by playing the race card), then so can anyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back