Did North dodge a bullet?

Remove this Banner Ad

No the thread is mis-leading. North Melbourne missed out on hiring a well credentialed coach with tons of experience. Might as well say North are too broke to afford the Saints ex gaffer if we are brutally honest. This news story actually looks bad on tinpot North Melbourne and their meagre resources, not Al Rich and the Demons. Sheesh
Gaffer..... love it ;)

Heard he was a decent assistant coach, however, if he had hopes of coaching again he could perhaps undermine the coach hoping he would then be appointed as the senior coach.

I would prefer to get someone who was happy to not be a senior coach any longer.

When you are as f’ed as North are, dodging one bullet out of the hundreds they’ve shot themselves with won’t make a difference.

You sound bitter, like you just finished watching a team you think is shithouse beat your own mob, again.

Got Justin Leppitsch who seemingly has made an impact at Richmond, Brett Ratten who did at Hawthorn, Matthew Knights at Geelong, Brenton Sanderson at Collingwood...

As an outsider it's impossible to tell how much impact these guys have had at their respective clubs, but essentially what it shows is that there's potentially reasonable success to be had for coaches who failed at the head coach level as assistants in the future.

There's so much more that goes into a head coach job.

It's not as simple as saying "DAE Richo = bad, bullet dodged?". He could be a fantastic assistant coach, and have reasons to fail as a head coach that are separate from this. Maybe he ends up in the Leppitsch, Knights, Ratten tier.

It also looks certain that Brad Scott ends up in a senior football department role somewhere, whether that be 2020 or 2021.

He had his issues as a head coach, and I doubt any club takes him on as a senior coach, but he's clearly got strengths. He did get a fair bit out of the list at North, and went all in for a flag and glory but missed - so again, something to be said for footy department roles for coaches who clearly have a lot of strengths.

It also looks certain that Brad Scott ends up in a senior football department role somewhere, whether that be 2020 or 2021.

He had his issues as a head coach, and I doubt any club takes him on as a senior coach, but he's clearly got strengths. He did get a fair bit out of the list at North, and went all in for a flag and glory but missed - so again, something to be said for footy department roles for coaches who clearly have a lot of strengths.

Would have to say I disagree with most of this...

Why is that a certainty? What actually are his strengths? Are you Brad Scott?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back