Did our best

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2000
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
WEST COAST
Ended up a pretty big loss but we stuck it out for the first quarter. Haven't seen the best from the Eagles, got plenty of guys to come back in. Looks good for the future though, good show from the youngins. And good to see Harding have a good one.
Carn the Eagles, Next week isn't far away.
FOOTY'S BACK

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Well we lost, but it was very encouraging. The kids looked great out there and a 40 point loss to a full Nth Melbourne squad, fair enough they were without Martyn and Carey but we were without a lot more. Harding looks good and i was impressed with Kerr and Glass, and is anyone doubting that Wirrpunda is back and fully fit? He looked awesome out there. Throw Cousins, Jakovich, Braun, Turnball, Read, Cummings, Ph Matera, Gardiner and things look pretty encouraging.

Im not saying finals footy but there should definitly be no wooden spoon this year.

Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
It all looks very encouraging. Fletcher, chambers and glass played great if their stats are anything to go by. And 40pt loss is not much, considering they only broke away in the final minutes of the 3rd quarter, but only after the eagles started resting their star players like wirra.

Also, had the eagles kicked straight they would of had a pretty big lead at half time, and that alone changes the morale on both sides and the result would have looked a lot different.

And most encouraging of all, we were missing top players in all departments, defence, midfield, attack and ruck. And yet were clearly beating the roos for the majority of the first 2.5 quarters.

So the EAGLES are licking their lips, a 100pt hiding awaits the cats at shell stadium.

------------------
"Don't be so humble - you are not that great. "

Visro

Premiership Player
Aug 1, 2000
Well I thought it was very promising. We musn't forget that half the players on the ground had barely ever played AFL footy before. We lacked a ruckman after Cox got injured and we only had 1 proper forward. Our halfback line was a bit weak but if we put back some of the more experienced and blend in a bit of youth we should be allright.

Daniel Kerr looks very promising. Wirrapunda looks as if he never got injured. Troy Wilson I think we can farely easily say is the new eagles toughman (Sierra as well perhaps). Glass is maturing quickly. A lot of the youngster had good patches and so did some of the veterans. With a proper fit team out there we should be quite good I think.

------------------
I was put on this Earth to complete a certain number of tasks. I am so far behind, I will never die...

GoEagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2000
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Considering our list for that game compared to the Kangaroo's, I was quite happy with how we played. I hope the Eagles don't suffer from the second half fade-outs again this year, but when we get a few more experienced players back things will go up for us. All in all a good game for us
smile.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back