Did Richmond make a mistake drafting (trading for) Dion Prestia?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
it doesn't sound like Lewis wanted to leave
Mitchell appears to be a move for a future position as a coach. Get out of the system you've known for 15 odd years and broaden the knowledge.
Lewis has been pretty magnanimous about the whole thing, but you get the feeling he left on principle for being asked to potentially look elsewhere.

Losing both has hurt the hawks. Undermined your midfield setup and essentially robbed you of your main weapon. Clean clearances and effective kicking from stoppages. Not so bad when you still hold your 1st and 2nd rd picks and a slide down the ladder can fast track a rebuild.

As for the Tiges and Prestia. I would say no. Pick 6 likely nets them Brodie, who is the closest you get to Prestia from the draft. Prestia came ready made and the Tigers have a solid enough list now.
They really only lack another quality tall defender & forward before they can push for a flag.
or maybe they don't :p

partycorolla

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Black Rock
AFL Club
Richmond
Gave up pick 6 for a midget who had a crook knee and has looked absolutely cooked the past month. Slow and turns it over by foot and tends to dumble alot. I don't remember him being this bad at GC

Could have had SPP or Will Brodie for the next 10-12 years but now they have someone who has underperformed and on a huge pay packet.

Oops.... trading pick 6 for a player to play a major role in a premiership.... probably the correct call ;). I guess that's the issue with starting threads that early in the season...:oops:

partycorolla

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Black Rock
AFL Club
Richmond
Silly game for RFC posters to play.

It makes huge sense to assess current list management teams versus each other. On this basis we're ahead.

Our previous rebuild still saw us win a couple of finals. On this basis we're ahead.

Want to go back further, 100 plus years? On this basis we're ahead.

Yeah, based on current assessments, your mob is behind.... quite a way behind. Focus on making finals first then come back and post more dribble.

partycorolla

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Black Rock
AFL Club
Richmond
Doesn't matter what your measure, we're ahead. RFC are not winning a premiership with this list. You are 2 years off a complete ground up rebuild. You do have a young team, but they're no good.

You are clearly an astute judge. What do you predict will happen in Nth Korea in the next few months? Seriously, you've just been proven to have NFI..... credibility shot.... I suspect you didn't have any to start with though.

Mar 20, 2002
Mosman Village
AFL Club
Carlton
Gave up pick 6 for a midget who had a crook knee and has looked absolutely cooked the past month. Slow and turns it over by foot and tends to dumble alot. I don't remember him being this bad at GC

Could have had SPP or Will Brodie for the next 10-12 years but now they have someone who has underperformed and on a huge pay packet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Without him there is no chance Martin is ever going to kick 30 goals as a part time forward.

Martin kicked 33 goals as a 20-year-old punk kid in his second season in an 8 win side, and had kicked 23+ goals in four other seasons before 2017, but ok.

Apr 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Six decades of domination
Martin kicked 33 goals as a 20-year-old punk kid in his second season in an 8 win side, and had kicked 23+ goals in four other seasons before 2017, but ok.

Played predominantly more forward.

I think it was only 2015/2016 onwards where he really became a genuine midfielder who rests forward rather than a half forward who gets thrown in the middle.

30 (quality) touches and 30 goals is a freakish effort.

cannot

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 30, 2016
^^ ""Flat World Champions".
AFL Club
Richmond
Played predominantly more forward.

I think it was only 2015/2016 onwards where he really became a genuine midfielder who rests forward rather than a half forward who gets thrown in the middle.

30 (quality) touches and 30 goals is a freakish effort.

got 300+ kicks for the season

@ possessions 22.1 per game

Tushay

All Australian
Apr 11, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
You are clearly an astute judge. What do you predict will happen in Nth Korea in the next few months? Seriously, you've just been proven to have NFI..... credibility shot.... I suspect you didn't have any to start with though.

Happy to admit I got it wrong, and show a bit of class. I know it's been a long time between drinks for you, but you could show a little class too.

partycorolla

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2009
Black Rock
AFL Club
Richmond
Happy to admit I got it wrong, and show a bit of class. I know it's been a long time between drinks for you, but you could show a little class too.

I've never played in an AFL premiership champ and I'm pretty confident you haven't either. I also don't spend a heap of time slagging off opposition club's players and their trading decisions at all.... especially not prematurely. In fact, I'm firmly of the opinion that until I'm prepared to put my hand up to do something that the people who get paid to do it should be somewhat trusted. That way, I don't have to worry about saying stupid things that people can throw back in my face. Other people are happy to write down whatever thought pops into their head....glad you can admit it you got it wrong. Real class wouldn't have written it in the first place :thumbsu:

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
i luv Chief, he of unmatched wisdom's swear filter of c_a_m_p_a_i_g_n_e_r

we really need to get the change in the Macquarie dictionary, where is Shakespeare when you truly need him

campa!gner or cunt?

#deessupporters
#assistedsuicide
#plonkers
#poloknobs
#pinotdrinkers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back