Did Richmond make a mistake drafting (trading for) Dion Prestia?

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread needs more Richmond supporters in it to reaffirm that Dion Prestia is a good player and that he won a premiership.. sorely lacking atm

Well, if you have a thread on a particular player, people will talk about that player..

Gave up pick 6 for a midget who had a crook knee and has looked absolutely cooked the past month. Slow and turns it over by foot and tends to dumble alot. I don't remember him being this bad at GC

Could have had SPP or Will Brodie for the next 10-12 years but now they have someone who has underperformed and on a huge pay packet.

Missed this thread over the years. Thanks for your input. Very perceptive of you. Now run along little man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because he's a real ordinary football player. He was talked up for years like he was going to be a jet, has never improved since.

Gold Coast players are always buyer beware with their horrid injury management.

Though Josh Caddy got out early and he still isn't very good.

You're certainly a glass half full guy if you think Richmond's second round pick will be 36.

No doubt Richmond would have been much better off keeping the picks for Prestia and Caddy. Hardwick wanted to win now though.
Don't see what Chinese supporters has to do with it, but spp is twice the player prestia is already so fair call on that one.
Enjoy Prestia he looks as cooked as Daisy.
on what planet can the tigers compete with giants, digs or crows and push for a flag? even with another good tall forward and defender (if drafted at least 3 years wait) they are miles away and have holes everywhere. gws first rounder is pick 18 - 20. rucks are average (nank has been beaten by kreuze, grundy and sauce) no run from defence and only really jack up forward (to be fair rioli looks good). got on a roll at the outset (blues were terrible against them) had a bit of luck (west coast should have nailed them but kicked badly and then the dees had no rucks and tigers got out of jail) now that there bubble has been pricked i suspect that they will come back to the field and finish 9th.

I love Bigfooty. The last quote is the pick of the thread.

SPP over Prestia a no brainer long term for midfield.

You did anyway, in the trading form of VFL playing Caddy for the pick you could have used to invest in better youth.

he is one of the worst trades in living memory.
Prestia a slow midget with terrible disposal. I guess he is still slightly better than Caddy.

Wasnt it a few weeks ago that the Tiger supporters wete lauding these two?

Two key players in the worst 5-0 team ever, which is now being proven

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Typical Richmond topping up for mediocrity.

This list wont win a final, let alone a grand final

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Worst 5-0 team ever, doubles down with won't win a final lol

Prestia has really made the jump from C+ to a grade footballer, much more than I thought he could. It goes to show what a few years outside of GC can do, just look at Lyons this year.

The number of quality players with knee problems at that club points to something being amiss, in their formative years at least. Tom Lynch gave Richmond's medical staff a special mention at tonight's best & fairest. Think he was about to say more but pulled himself up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back